#1 pick think it through | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

#1 pick think it through

I'm a little mystified at this perception that Gholston somehow has a much higher ceiling that C long, except for the 40, where they both ran good times(the most overated football test), C long beat Gholston in the short shuttle and cone drill and looked much more athletic than Gholston.

The rare prospect is C long, Gholston is very good, but he is not C long.

Well I for one am not saying that Gholston is better. I did see That Long did well in some of the agility drills. Long is also a little bit heavier. The only thing I can say about it is I saw Gholston play every game for two years, and man this guy is player. I don't understand the lack of talk surrounding the guy. He had 14 sacks last year - same as Long...He also had more tackles for loss and seemed to me to make more big plays. It's really a tossup for me, cause I haven't seen enough of Chris. It's just my opinion that this is the position that should be targeted for us in the draft...especially in the trade down scenario that I feel is likely to happen. I will say this...Gholston was very good dropping off the line into coverage and lanes...which he would be asked to do....not sure how much of that Long did.....love them BOTH... just more familiar with Gholston, think more talk should be surrounding him, and know he is going to be a force.

It's documented he's (Jake Long) been beat only 2 times in four years. Why do people make up stuff?

It's documented he's (Jake Long) been beat only 2 times in four years. Why do people make up stuff?

Where is it "documented"??? Please tell me. Cause I've got the tape of the Ohio St- Michigan game. It it seems pretty well "documented" in that game ALONE that he got beat more than 2x sorry. As for the rest of his college career....well..... perhaps he has some friends that are sports writers and "document" this type of thing. Perhaps they speak in such glowing terms as to label him a Greek God or #1 overall pick and so forth. I for one know neither is the case.

I'm good with either Chris or Jake Long. Either way I'll buy their jersey. A dolphins lineman with the last name Long, it's like destiny. That's my last name for those unaware.

Back
Top Bottom