1 round Mock Draft (All teams) plus full MIA | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

1 round Mock Draft (All teams) plus full MIA

zach8111

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I put a lot of time into this, this isn't something i just slapped together, and i think it is a pretty good mock draft for the first round and Miami. I would like to hear your opinions on it.

1st Round

1. Miami Dolphins
Chris Long, DE/LB Virginia
The top DE/OLB in this years draft class. Long gives the Dolphins versatility because he has the ability to play in both the 3-4 and 4-3. He has a non-stop motor and plays with great passion and after his great workouts at the combine and at his pro day, he showed everyone that he was worthy of the #1 overall pick.

2. St. Louis Rams

Jake Long, OT Michigan
The Rams offense dropped out considerably this past season and most of that was due to the inconsistencies on the O-Line. Jake Long is a franchise tackle and the best o-linemen in the draft.

3. Atlanta Falcons
Matt Ryan, QB BC
Almost a no-brainier hear IMO. The QB situation in ATL is horrendous. Matt Ryan is arguably the top QB in the draft and can help out ATL in the long run. McFadden was an option but Norwood is fairly good and they signed Michael Turner to a big contract.

4. Oakland Raiders

Darren McFadden, RB Arkansas
2 words, Al Davis. He loves these superstar playmakers and I doubt he will let McFadden go if he falls to him. McFadden is also probably the top player in the draft and can make a good effect on the Raiders offense as a rookie. Also they have spent way too much on defense already (Tommy Kelly, DeAngelo Hall etc…). DT Glenn Dorsey is another option but with all the money on Defense.

5. Kansas City Chiefs
Glenn Dorsey, DT LSU
Imagine a D-Line that involves Tamba Hali, Jared Allen and now Glenn Dorsey. This can be a devastating D-Line for years. The Chiefs were ranked 28 versus the run last year.

6. New York Jets
Vernon Gholston, DE/OLB Ohio State
The Jets need an impact player on defense, plain and simple. Gholston is just that. He is arguably the best pass-rusher in the draft and would help the Jets considerably at the OLB spot in their scheme. They have signed Calvin Pace but Gholston is the best player here for them since McFadden is off the board.

7.*Patriots (from SF)
Dominique Roger Cromartie, CB Tennessee State
The Patriots don't need much help but they were hit hard in FA. The Pats secondary will need help this off-season since Samuels, Wilson and Gay on other teams they secondary is a position of need. McKelvin and Cromartie are in a close battle for this pick.

8. Baltimore Ravens
Leodis McKelvin, CB Troy
Baltimore has to acquire a young, talented corner in this draft. McKelvin is a high potential CB in the draft due to his physical skills. He is one of the fastest CB’s in the draft and can fit in right away with the Ravens.

9. Cincinnati Bengals
Sedrick Ellis, DT USC
Then Bengals defense in general needs a lot of work. They have been after countless DT’s this off-season but haven’t came out with any.

10. New Orleans Saints
Kieth Rivers, OLB USC
Saints are another team with improvements needing on defense. They got Jonathan Vilma in the off-season and getting Rivers here can solidify the middle of their defense for years. Rivers is possibly the best 4-3 OLB in the draft and will help the Saints out right away. With the Saints invest alot of money in CB's (Gay, David, and McKenzie plus spending a third rounder on Usama Young last year, I see them addressing there CB need in the 2 round or later unless Cromartie falls to them.

11. Buffalo Bills
Mike Jenkins, CB USF
The Bills still haven’t recovered fully since losing Nate Clements last year. I wouuld have had Malcolm Kelly WR here but his stock has fallen a bit recently.

12. Denver Broncos

Ryan Clady, OT Boise St.
The Broncos really need help everywhere on defense. Unfortunately, all of the top defensive players are off the board. In the wake of Matt Lepsis' retirement, Denver has Ryan Harris and Erik Pears at the two positions, which could really be hazardous to Jay Cutler's health. Clady would be a great fit at LT and would help Cutler out tremendously.

13. Carolina Panthers
Rashard Mendenhall, RB Illinois
The Panthers retained both of their starting OT’s from last year. The problem, DeShaun Foster left for San Fran. The Panthers need a power back to pair up with DeAngelo Williams and that’s what Mendenhall will bring to that offense.

14. Chicago Bears

Malcolm Kelly, WR Oklahoma
Marty Booker, Brandon Lloyd and Devin Hester is the only WR's on the Bears roster. The Bears need another WR to add to this WR core since Berrian left via FA. OT Chris Williams is also a possibility here too.

15. Detroit Lions
Chris Williams, OT Vanderbilt
Jeff Backus should probably be moved inside. If the Lions acquire a premier tackle this offseason, they'll have two really good ones with Jonathan Scott playing on the right side. That will take the pressure of Kitna and also help the RB, whoever it will be. Another option would be RB Jonathan Stewart but his stock might drop due to his turf toe surgery.

16. Arizona Cardinals
Jonathan Stewart, RB Oregon
With the three top tier CB's gone, where does the Cardinal go with there first pick? With Edge turning 30 and only averaging a little over 3 yards a carry, they need a young RB to split carries with Edge. Even with the toe injury his stock wont fall too far, i mean its just a toe (toe turf).

17. Minnesota Vikings
Phillip Merling, DE Clemson
While the Vikings are great against the run, they don’t have a great pass rusher. Merling can do just that.

18. Houston Texans
Aquib Talib, CB Kansas
Houston also needs help at the tackle and running back positions, but Duanta Robinson's injury is too big a blow to an already weak secondary. Aqib Talib provides big play ability to the Texans' defensive backfield. Talib can be a lock down corner, and as an added bonus can contribute in the return game.

19. Philadelpia Eagles

Derrick Harvey, DE Florida
The Eagle need a good pass rusher and Harvey will be just that. After weighing in at over 270 lbs and showing some nice agility and
explosiveness for that size he solidifies himself as a mid 1st rounder.

20. Tampa Bay Bucaneers
Desean Jackson, WR California
Jackson is an explosive WR who also doubles as a PR. Galloway is getting old and Jackson will help take the double teams away from him and would really stretch the field with his speed.

21. Washington Redskins
Quentin Groves, DE Auburn
The Redskins have a horrible pass rush. Groves might be a little bit of a reach but he is the best pass rusher left on the board.

22. *Cowboys (from CLE)
Limas Sweed, WR Texas
Jerry Jones was quoted as saying that his No. 1 priority is acquiring a top-notch target across from Terrell Owens. That's pretty obvious, as Terry Glenn is nearing retirement and Crayton didn't perform well in the playoffs. Also a CB could be considered here but only if one of the top ones falls here.

23. Pittsburgh Steelers
Jeff Otah, OT Pittsburgh
The Steelers signed Hartwig, which moves Sean Mahan to guard so Branden Albert isn't going to be the pick. However, the Steelrs still go with O-line and select an OT. Willie Colon should be mover inside to guard and an upgrade at the OT position is needed.

24. Tennessee Titans
Devin Thomas, WR Michigan St.
The Titans were really hopeing to reunite Vince Young and Limas Sweed but the Cowboys ruined that by selecting Sweed #22 overall. But Young still needs weapons so they select Thomas, who had agreat combine including a 4.32 40 time for a 212 lbs WR, has moved up the draft board into the first round ahead of Early Doucet and James Hardy.

25. Seattle Seahawks
Brandon Albert, OG Virginia
All that being said, the Seahawks didn't exactly blow open running lanes for him. Mike Wahle is a nice veteran addition to the roster, but the fact remains that he was recently cut by the Panthers, who had a miserable offensive line last season. He's not the replacement for Steve Hutchinson the Seahawks have been looking for the past two years. Branden Albert could be that guy.

26. Jacksonville Jaguars
Lawerance Jackson, DE USC
Paul Spicer isn't getting any younger, and the Jaguars need to start preparing for the future. Jackson would provide a good pass rush to an already tough defense.

27. San Diego Chargers
Kentwan Balmer, DT N. Carolina
The Chargers had a hard time against the run last year and there D-line needs some upgrades. Balmer is a guy who is great a shoving the O-line around and getting to the QB.

28. Dallas Cowboys
Reggie Smith, CB/S Oklahoma
Reggie Smith will provide Dallas with a jack of all trades. Smith can play corner, safety and return kicks giving the Cowboys plenty of options. Smith is an instant upgrade over Anthony Henry, who will be better as a nickel back.

29. *49ers (from IND)
Pat Sims, DT Auburn
The 49ers surrendered 22.8 points per game, and were ranked 22nd against both the run and the pass in 2007. Their defensive front seven was pathetic, as no one on the roster had more than six sacks. Sims will definitely change that.

30. Green Bay Packers
Antoine Cason, CB Arizona
Charles Woodson and Al Harris may both miss some time next year due to AARP meetings. The two corners will be 32 and 34 at some point during the season. Plaxico Burress abused Harris in the NFC Championship, so I don't see how the Packers don't utilize their No. 1 selection on a cornerback like Antoine Cason.

--.New England Patriots

Forfeitdue to Spygate

31. New York Giants
Kenny Phillips, FS Miami U
Phillips draft stock has slipped a bit but the Giants cant pass on him here. With the loss of Gibril Wilson the Giants have a big hole at safety. With there excellent pass rush, and there improved secondary, this will be a tough defense to face.

Miami Dolphins Mock Draft:
1. (#1).....Chris Long, DE/OLB Virginia
2. (#32)...Gosder Cherilus, OT Boston College
2. (#57)...Brandon Flowers, CB Virginia Tech
3. (#64)...Jonathan Goff, ILB Vanderbilt
4. (#96)...John Carlson, TE Notre Dame
6. (#186)..Adrian Arrington, WR Michigan
6. (comp)..
Adam Kraus, OG Michigan
7. (#190)..Jason Shirley, NT Fresno State
7. (comp)..
Jack Ikegwuonu, CB Wisconsin

Late rounders to consider:
Jordy Nelson, WR Kansas State (3-4 round)
...big talented WR with a good 40 time
Kevin O'Connell, QB San Diego St. (5-7th round)
..decent guy to learn for a few years; mobile and accurate
Chad Rinehart, OG Northern Iowa (5-6th round)..great run blocker;could play OT
Nick Hayden, DE/DT Wisconsin (4-5th round)..Very strong DE Kendall Langford, DE/DT Hampton (4-5th round)

Adarius Bowman, WR Oklahoma State (4-6th round)..was a 2nd round prospect until his bad 40 time at Combine (4.69) and Pro Day (4.75) but still could be a steal in the later rounds that would be worth it. i think he goes in the 4th or 5th round.

These are projections of Compensatory picks that have been floating around:
****comp pick 6th round-(Damion McIntosh, $2.95 million, 15/15) .
****comp pick 7th round-(Mr. Irrelevant).

I like it. I like the CB from Wisconsin who tore his ACL, Ikegwuonu, I believe when healthy will be a steal.

i think he will give up the Mr. Irrelevant pick for a guy with this kind of talent. no question if he was there that we should take him. a lot 7th rounders dont make the team and he would have a good shot at starting in a few years and if he still plays as a 2nd round talent then our CB's would kick *** (Will Allen, Brandon Flowers, Jack Ikegwuonu plus our back ups). that would be awesome.

I like it, it addressed the basic needs with big and productive guys. However, I do not believe Flowers will make it to the 57th pick

I like it, it addressed the basic needs with big and productive guys. However, I do not believe Flowers will make it to the 57th pick
ya that was really my only pick that was a stretch to get but there is a possibility of him falling because of how deep the draft is at CB

i dont think chris long is gonna be there at the # 1 pick hopefully he is...

For the most part i like it. It's pretty dang close to what mine has been for awhile now, but i have a few flip-flops near the bottom of round 1. Its almost impossible to predict whats gonna happen down there anyway. Overall, good job.

For the most part i like it. It's pretty dang close to what mine has been for awhile now, but i have a few flip-flops near the bottom of round 1. Its almost impossible to predict whats gonna happen down there anyway. Overall, good job.

My mock is similar too, so obviously I like both of your drafts a lot. I'd rather have Doucet at 2b, just as you did, although zach8111's 2nd day seems to be slightly better imho. Nice mocks from both of you.

That's a pretty good mock draft for the Dolphins but I don't think Adam Kraus is strong enough at the point to be considered (unless you are going to sit him for a year so he could get stronger) and Jason Shirley is an outstanding athlete but is too much of a wild card. He was suspended three times during the 2007 season with the last suspension being handed down by the AD. I would really like it if Jack Ikegwuonu was selected in this year's draft. As a low second day pick, he would be allowed to sit the year and come back healthy and hopefully contend for a starting spot.

Back
Top Bottom