10:40- enough said | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

10:40- enough said

I like him and there's been a few games earlier in the year where I was surprised at how good he was but that OU game wasn't overly impressive imo. It left more questions than answers for me. I definitely wouldnt feel confident at labeling him the next great thing but if he makes it to the 2nd round and we didnt take a QB in the 1st I'd be ok with rolling the dice. At least he has a chance to succeed unlike some other recent 2nd round QB's we've taken.

I have been saying it all year but get flamed for sayng so this kid looks to pass first and run second is very smart and will probably be the steal of the draft and nasty how can u say he left he wasn't overly impressive he threw for 497 and 4 td's and layed the boom stick on one of thenations best defenses

I have been saying it all year but get flamed for sayng so this kid looks to pass first and run second is very smart and will probably be the steal of the draft and nasty how can u say he left he wasn't overly impressive he threw for 497 and 4 td's and layed the boom stick on one of thenations best defenses

I somehow doubt that.

You mean the part where he runs out of a clean pocket so he can see downfield better and then makes a throw. You should check out Nick Florence's highlights...he's the next great thing...at Baylor.

No, the part where he takes off on the run while still looking downfield for an out. Spots the open guy in the endzone and delivers the ball - over the lineman's head - straight into Williams arms. If he was getting out of the pocket because he was too short, it's kind of ironic that he chose to throw it over the lineman once he got out of there.

Or the classic Zach Thomas to safety thread.
I'm still kind of bummed that my Jason Allen to WR/Ted Ginn to CB thread didn't reach those levels of epicness.

The first throw in the video he was in the pocket...The second one where he got DRILLED, he stayed in the pocket, and fired a rocket on the MONEY. The TD throw at the end of the half to Reese was in the pocket. Why do people say he can't throw in the pocket? Most of his runs are on designed runs or when he has already finished through his progressions and feels the pocket collapsing, and if you think its bad that the guy can scramble and make plays happen with his feet, than your crazy. Qbs in todays NFL make a living off that, buy extra time to throw down field, or break off routes. Corners cant cover forever as the sang goes.

I honestly think Griffin got rattled in the first half, but which QB doesn't get rattled when they are picking themselves up time and time up after every play, but the kid bounced back.

No, the part where he takes off on the run while still looking downfield for an out. Spots the open guy in the endzone and delivers the ball - over the lineman's head - straight into Williams arms. If he was getting out of the pocket because he was too short, it's kind of ironic that he chose to throw it over the lineman once he got out of there.

People don't understand that is just a QB trying to buy time. Just like Romo did against us on that TD where L.R. ran ALL the way across field and was able to get a TD because Romo was able to buy himself some time and make a smart decision.

smh.. check our how he always looks downfield, doesnt run unless its designed, and his deep ball placement is far better than anyone in this draft not named brandon weeden. The guy doesnt even have the best mechanics but still throws an extremely accurate ball. you guys can hate on him but i would be almost as happy with him as andrew luck, you cant teach smart and athletic. This guy is a freak of nature and is a better prospect than michael vick coming into the nfl, who by the way was a top pick in the nfl draft.

I've seen him play better games, where he was much more consistent in his accuracy. He missed on some throws I felt he should've made and yeah, he threw for a **** ton of yards but he also had guys running wide *** open all night. OU has a solid defense but when it comes to covering teams who spread you out and throw the ball efficiently, they aren't that good. See:Texas Tech....watch what OSU does to them, Weeden is going to put up ridiculous numbers on them. I'm from Oklahoma, an OU fan and I'm putting money on OSU, assuming the spread isnt over 3. Havent checked it to be honest but OSU will most likely put up 40 some points on OU. Something Landry Jones and the OU offense won't likely match.

Back to topic, I dont have any problem taking Griffen, I'm just not sold on the guy. I've been in awe in the past on his downfield accuracy and his eagerness to pass first, despite being a fast runner, which will serve him well in the NFL because he's not a big guy, so you dont want him running a lot, just enough to escape pressure and buy time, something I think he ll be very good at. I'd be excited with Griffen but he isnt a top of the line, going to be great QB to me. He has the potential but he isnt a "certain" prospect IMO. I DO like him a lot though. My preference is 1)Luck 2)Barkley 3)Weeden 4)Griffen .... I want no part of Landry Jones, as an OU fan I've seen enough of him and if you ask any OU fan about Landry Jones, they'll likely tell you they don't expect him to be an NFL star. Most of us aren't heartbroken that he wont be around next year.

Back
Top Bottom