10 Most Corrupt Football Programs In History | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

10 Most Corrupt Football Programs In History

I'm surprised Kentucky's basketball program isn't on there given their history of blatant, in-your-face cheating. KY's basketball program is the only other Division-I entity that has ever been handed down the death penalty by the NCAA....back in the 50's when Adolph Rupp was coaching. Point shaving, paying players, etc.. you name it..

This was also when Bear Bryant was the head football coach at Kentucky, and led KY's football program to their first ever bowl win and eventual triumph over Bud Wilkinson's #1 ranked Oklahoma Sooners in the Sugar Bowl.... Kentucky bought Rupp a Cadillac, and gave Bear a cigarette lighter. That's when he realized just how much of a basketball school the University of Kentucky really was, and football would never be the priority there and he left..

Perhaps once Calipari gets nailed for his recruiting and eligibility antics, Kentucky basketball will find it's way on the list...

I think UCONN's basketball program is another one that's itching to make it on there.. Calhoun is as dirty as they come.

Nevertheless, fear not... give *uburn time and they're a virtual lock to eventually take over the #1 spot.

Basketball is even worse than football with all the one-semester-and-gone bull**** and guys like Greg Oden, John Wall, and OJ Mayo.

No reason why Kentucky Basketball isn't on that list, nonetheless in the top 3. Ohio State needs to be on that list. They might not have gotten caught too much, but they've been among the dirtiest programs since the Woody Hayes days. LSU and Alabama are worthy of such a list as well.

I'm surprised Kentucky's basketball program isn't on there given their history of blatant, in-your-face cheating. KY's basketball program is the only other Division-I entity that has ever been handed down the death penalty by the NCAA....back in the 50's when Adolph Rupp was coaching. Point shaving, paying players, etc.. you name it..

This was also when Bear Bryant was the head football coach at Kentucky, and led KY's football program to their first ever bowl win and eventual triumph over Bud Wilkinson's #1 ranked Oklahoma Sooners in the Sugar Bowl.... Kentucky bought Rupp a Cadillac, and gave Bear a cigarette lighter. That's when he realized just how much of a basketball school the University of Kentucky really was, and football would never be the priority there and he left..

Perhaps once Calipari gets nailed for his recruiting and eligibility antics, Kentucky basketball will find it's way on the list...

I think UCONN's basketball program is another one that's itching to make it on there.. Calhoun is as dirty as they come.

Nevertheless, fear not... give *uburn time and they're a virtual lock to eventually take over the #1 spot.

Don't forget about Sam Gilbert and the UCLA basketball dynasty

Back
Top Bottom