10 Players Whose Stock Skyrocketed (at Combine) | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

10 Players Whose Stock Skyrocketed (at Combine)

Good stuff. Watch Michael Floyd as a very strong possibility for the Chicago Bears. All they talk about up here is getting Cutler some receivers.

CK, did you see anything out of jewell hampton that would lead you to believe he may get drafted? I lost track of him aftef his abrupt dismissal from Iowa.

I wouldn't touch him with a 10 foot pole. Too many knee issues.

As an iowa native and hawk fan, i never dreamt gettis would have that kind of combine. He really put up some good numbers. I think hed make a serviceable guard, or at the very least provide solid depth.
I just read on hawk central that he came to IA at 220 lbs... Doyle is a miracle worker!

Kirk Cousins I would throw in there that you hear people talking 2nd and 3rd Rd for him...Months ago, Cousins was penciled in as a 5-7th guy.

Where does Irvin go in the draft? I liked him too...

Irvin's productions does not come close to Melvin Ingram though.
Bruce Irvin is not an every down player but he did have 14 sacks as a junior and 8 sacks last year. He was a situational pass rusher as a junior and started this past season, he was getting beat up playing DE at 245 lbs in a 3-3-5 defense (piece of crap defensive alignment IMO). Considering his lack of size and where he was playing that's pretty impressive but in an interview I read with him he said he would prefer to play 8 or 9 plays a game (yeah he said that) and just rush the QB.

Not sure where you get that Irvin's production doesn't come close to Ingram's though.

Games
Solo Tackles
Total Tackles
TFL
Sacks
PBU
QB Hurries
FF
FR
Melvin Ingram
Bruce Irvin

Games
Solo Tackles
Total TacklesTFLSacks
PBU
QB Hurries
FF
FR
INT
Melvin Ingram
Bruce Irvin

Ingram did play a little on offense as well last season. Both these guys are freak athletes and they're production isn't that far apart but the big difference is Ingram wants to be an every down player.

Bruce Irvin is not an every down player but he did have 14 sacks as a junior and 8 sacks last year. He was a situational pass rusher as a junior and started this past season, he was getting beat up playing DE at 245 lbs in a 3-3-5 defense (piece of crap defensive alignment IMO). Considering his lack of size and where he was playing that's pretty impressive but in an interview I read with him he said he would prefer to play 8 or 9 plays a game (yeah he said that) and just rush the QB.

Not sure where you get that Irvin's production doesn't come close to Ingram's though.

2010GamesSolo TacklesTotal TacklesTFLSacksPBUQB HurriesFFFR
Melvin Ingram14172811.09.01110
Bruce Irvin13182114.014.01220

2011GamesSolo TacklesTotal TacklesTFLSacksPBUQB HurriesFFFRINT
Melvin Ingram13314815.010.026012
Bruce Irvin13264014.58.002300

Ingram did play a little on offense as well last season. Both these guys are freak athletes and they're production isn't that far apart but the big difference is Ingram wants to be an every down player.

Good use of stats...I will alter my take, Ingram showed up WAY MORE on tape than Irvin...I love his versatility and body type.

However, maybe Irvin is a sleeper type that could help if we did not go pass rusher in round one.

Back
Top Bottom