10th/11th coin flip on Friday/Dolphins should root for Jags to win | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

10th/11th coin flip on Friday/Dolphins should root for Jags to win

Nublar7

Retired FinHeaven Staff
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
The coin flip that will determine the 10th and 11th overall pick is scheduled to take place this upcoming Friday at the combine. The winner of the flip will be 10th and the loser will pick 11th. The two teams involved in the flip are the Broncos(Bears pick) and the Jaguars.

While at first glance doesn't seem to make any difference to the Dolphins, it would be much better if the Jaguars won the toss and picked #10 in the first round. Here is why: The Patriots hold the Jaguars pick in the second round. The Dolphins have the 12th overall pick in the first round, but will have the 11th overall pick in the second round which is #43 overall. If the Jaguars win the toss, the Patriots will pick #44, just after the Dolphins. If the Broncos win the toss, the Patriots will pick #42, just one AHEAD of the Dolphins. I would much rather the Patriots picking after the Dolphins then right before.

We could also trade with Jacksonville and jump ahead of Denver if we had to. Denver seems interested in the same players the Dolphins are( Bryant, McClain, etc.)

Nice work. I also read that Jacksonville announced that they want to trade down. We could then leapfrog Denver pretty cheaply and snag a player that we will most likely be in direct competition with Denver for, like Dez Bryant.

Nice work. I also read that Jacksonville announced that they want to trade down. We could then leapfrog Denver pretty cheaply and snag a player that we will most likely be in direct competition with Denver for, like Dez Bryant.

I think we'd have to give up a 3rd or 4th round pick to move from #12 to #10.

Not worth it, just take whoever is left with your pick at #12. If its Dez Bryant, PLEASE pick him, but dont trade to 10 IMO.

Give the same pick to Arizona for Bolden, and still get whoever is left at #12, even if its Dez Bryant still.... Bryant + bolden :) Unless we just want to ride with Bolden until the Famed WR Draft of 2011.

I hadn't thought of that. Go Jacksonville!

Of course, don't the Pats have like fifty picks in the 2nd and 3rd rounds? Does that include a 2nd round pick that picks before #43?

Great info Nublar, hadn't thought of that. It would be nice to have New England pick behind us as much as possible. It would also be nice if they used one of their second rounders on Tim Tebow like we did with Pat White.

I hadn't thought of that. Go Jacksonville!

Of course, don't the Pats have like fifty picks in the 2nd and 3rd rounds? Does that include a 2nd round pick that picks before #43?
The Patriots have three second round picks. Two of which are subject to coin flips this Friday. They have:

1. 42 or 44
2. 47 or 48
3. 53

The Jaguars coin flip pick is the only one that has a chance to take place before the Dolphins pick.

Back
Top Bottom