#16 pick...Dolphins pick... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

#16 pick...Dolphins pick...

MustangFinFan

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
my guess.....Max Jean Gilles.

Let me explain...do we NEED to draft a QB? No, we got Culpepper.
Do we NEED to draft RB, FB, WR, TE?? (Brown, Barnes, Chambers, Booker, McMichael) No.
Do we need to draft OT, C, RG? (Alabi, Hadnot, Carey) No.
Defensive line? (Roth, Vickerson, Wright)...no.
LB? (Crowder, Hodge, possibly Arrington, Spragan, Pope, Sinclair) No.
CB? (Poole, Daniels, Goodman, Allen) No.
FS? (Hill...FS is a possibly) Possibly.
SS? (Bell)...possibly.
K-P? No.

We do need some Safeties...but unless Michael Huff is available at the 16th pick, i wouldnt pick a Safety. I choose Max Jean Gilles because im not impressed with Jeno James, he gets pushed over a lot. On top of that, we got young names at almost every position. Some draft experts say we'll pick Marcus McNeil, but i say no...we already have Alabi grooming, and we have McIntosh and Shelton.

So with that...id choose Max Jean Gilles. Within a few years we'll have a young, amazing O-line of Alabi, Gilles, Hadnot, Carey, Shelton.

gilles is pretty much a 2nd or 3rd rounder now, that wouldn't be a smart pick. and it's not even a position of need.

most draft mocks have him going in the 3rd round. if somehow we can get a 2nd rounder and get him in the 2nd or 3rd, that would be the biggest steal of the draft.

not only that, but hes a Saban kinda guy.....he is massive. AND...and this is a BIG AND.....he is from...MIAMI, FLORIDA.

its possible..

We could trade all the way back to the middle of the 2nd and still snag him. The press would come down on us like the fist of god if we made that pick, and they'd be right to.

That being said, if he is still there in the 3rd, I'd be all over him.

MustangFinFan said:

Whoa, reach. Saban is a value guy. No way he'd make such a reach like that. I would like to have Gilles but no way that early.

MJG is a late 1, early to mid 2. He's a future Pro Bowler. Heck of a player. But not value at 16.

MustangFinFan said:

Do we NEED to draft RB, FB, WR, TE?? (Brown, Barnes, Chambers, Booker, McMichael) No.
SS? (Bell)...possibly.
K-P? No.

We do need some Safeties...but unless Michael Huff is available at the 16th pick, i wouldnt pick a Safety. I choose Max Jean Gilles because im not impressed with Jeno James, he gets pushed over a lot. On top of that, we got young names at almost every position. Some draft experts say we'll pick Marcus McNeil, but i say no...we already have Alabi grooming, and we have McIntosh and Shelton.

So with that...id choose Max Jean Gilles. Within a few years we'll have a young, amazing O-line of Alabi, Gilles, Hadnot, Carey, Shelton.

:sidelol: :sidelol:

hehe, even if u look at his profile on this webpage i saw...it said that the best case scenario is, he's like Toniu Fonoti. WORST case scenario he's like Jeno James, that was kinda funny i think

MustangFinFan said:

SS? (Bell)...possibly.
K-P? No.

not gon do et

I do not understand how people think that the Fins are set at receiver. Chambers is great and Booker is solid but what do they have after that? On top of that, I have a hunch that the Dolphins might be looking to replace Booker. I can certainly see Santonio Holmes or Chad Jackson be Miami's first pick.

Back
Top Bottom