17 -20 pts/game | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

17 -20 pts/game

nydolfan13

Practice Squad
Reaction score
If we can average this i think we will be fine. Its a lot of pressure once again on our defense. what do you guys think?

It's the old Jimmy Johnson addage. He said this all the time. 17 is the magic number. You try to score 17 or more and hold your opponent to under 17.

This will not work in this day in age. You need to score and avg of 24 ppg to be able to compete against the likes of NE, NYJ, and Tenn, not to mention the top teams in the NFC...

, Once again, this defense will not be helped this year. They will have to set the record for points allowed per game in order for the TEAM to win the division.

We mmight actually see an offense worse than last years this year. We could be watching the Bills offense last year wearing the Miami jerseys for 2004.

I'm officially not pumped for the season. Let it be February 2005 already please. :lol:

Aiming too low...

nydolfan13 said:
If we can average this i think we will be fine. Its a lot of pressure once again on our defense. what do you guys think?

Miami averaged a bit over 21 PPG with the starting offense last year and went 8-4 if you count Fiedler's comeback as a win for the starters. That wasn't enough to make the playoffs. 17 PPG is cellar dwellar stuff...

Miami needs to score 24 PPG to get where they need to go this year. If they open up the offense, Fiedler, Chambers, Boston, McMike, Minor and Konrad can get those points...

:cooldude:

Dolphan_B said:
Miami averaged a bit over 21 PPG with the starting offense last year and went 8-4 if you count Fiedler's comeback as a win for the starters. That wasn't enough to make the playoffs. 17 PPG is cellar dwellar stuff...

Miami needs to score 24 PPG to get where they need to go this year. If they open up the offense, Fiedler, Chambers, Boston, McMike, Minor and Konrad can get those points...

:cooldude:

You mean Feeley, Chambers, Boston, McMike, Minor and Konrad? :goof:

RUDEbyallMEANS said:
, Once again, this defense will not be helped this year. They will have to set the record for points allowed per game in order for the TEAM to win the division.

We mmight actually see an offense worse than last years this year. We could be watching the Bills offense last year wearing the Miami jerseys for 2004.

I'm officially not pumped for the season. Let it be February 2005 already please. :lol:

If you don't care about the season, whyt are you even bothering to post? Go dwell in your negativity. There are still plenty of people who support this team and feel we have a fighting chance.

phinphanphrommi said:
You mean Feeley, Chambers, Boston, McMike, Minor and Konrad? :goof:
Hell yea, go Feeley!!!

I have to admit that I don't know what our ofence is gonna do this year and nobody else knows either for that matter imo.Our defence will have to do its part like always.As far as our offence the problem other than Ricky being gone is that we have new coaches, a new QB(I think he'll start)a new starting RB and 4 new starters on the o-line.Is not gonna be easy early on for that ofence to get it together so I'm hoping our defence does really good in the first half and the ofence can get it together by the 2nd half of the season.

Ozzy rules!!

Back
Top Bottom