1st pick = Big Ten & team need | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

1st pick = Big Ten & team need

normaniii

Active Roster
Reaction score
Seen excellent post on here previously stating that in each of the last 3 drafts under Ireland we have drafted with 1st pick a player from the Big Ten.

There is also a very high percentage we will trade down to regain 2nd which will leave us selecting around #25.

We have also selected at a position of need......where the player selected is projected to start from day one.

With this in mind the players from big 10 projected to go around #25 are Gabe Carimi, Mikel LeShoure, J.J. Watt & Corey Liuget.

With Odrick chosen last year, IMO, we can rule out Watt & Liuget.

With a history of wanting proven 3 years starters, with high character & leadership, together with the fact that Sparano is rumoured to have more say in draft, IMO, if Carimi is available............he becomes a dolphin, kicking Carey inside to Gaurd.

With the success Sparano had, converting Leornard Davis to OG while at Dallas, a line consisting of:-

Long-Jerry-Incognito-Carey-Carimi should bode well for the power running game Sparano craves.

If this regime drafts another Big 10 player in the 1st round, it better be LeShoure and not another cornfed lineman.

Carimi will be gone. He is very smart and has all the tools. I bet someone will project him as a Left Tackle and he will go before the 25th pick. Assuming we do indeed trade down. If we stay at 15 I say there is a chance.

Carimi will be gone. He is very smart and has all the tools. I bet someone will project him as a Left Tackle and he will go before the 25th pick. Assuming we do indeed trade down. If we stay at 15 I say there is a chance.

Last year he stated after draft that he wanted to recoup 2nd and this year he has come out saying there may be an opportunity draft day to recoup.

I like LeShore but I think if Carimi is available we will take & I would not be displeased as long as we double up on RB late on.......I like Bilal Powell & Dion Lewis.

I think this year will be more difficult to trade down more so than any other year
draft picks will be very difficult to acquire

That is a big time possibility even at #15. Carimi fits what this regime likes in their linemen. Wouldn't be a bad choice, although I'm sure fans wouldn't be happy at first.

A lot of teams want defense line, they are in the top 15 of the draft. the oline are in the bottom 15 of the 1st round. im sure there will be a candidate to trade down. teams know we want a 2nd. we will be targetted. i dont think well have to even inquire. if we want to trade down it should be possible

I keep changing my mind but I think if we do trade down we take a Tackle in round one and RB round 2 qb round 3 and RB again in round 4.

Back
Top Bottom