1st round Mock w/ 7 rounds for Fins | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

1st round Mock w/ 7 rounds for Fins

My early feelings were that Hall was a product of the tremendous pressure Michigan's great front-7 put on the QB. Woodley, Branch... these are the real stars on that defense. But I'm sure someone thinks otherwise.

PHINANALYST said:
I know most folks won't agree, but give me Chad Henne as a round 3-5 QB ... we'll see what he does this weekend against OSU ... but he has impressed me since he came on the MICH scene ... [most of all -- hopefully, he comes out this year]

The draft guru's can break him down ... but I've always liked what I've seen from him on the field ... and MICH tends to produce solid, steady pro caliber QBs .... [Brady excluded] ....

Also, doubt we end up with even a top 10 pick at this point ... worst case 6 wins ... dreaming for 10 wins ... but still believe that we end up with 8 ...
Only problem is Henne is a junior, and staying in school will likely help his draft stock.

bakedmatt said:
My early feelings were that Hall was a product of the tremendous pressure Michigan's great front-7 put on the QB. Woodley, Branch... these are the real stars on that defense. But I'm sure someone thinks otherwise.

considering Hall was a dominant corner for 4 years, while only having a good pass rush this year, he deserves to be that high.

I get the feeling some of you did not read that I said I don't think we'll be drafting that high, but I was using the current draft order. It makes it so much easier for me to do than making a random order off the top of my head.

DonShula84 said:
I have no idea where people are getting the idea that Samardzija will play baseball instead of football. I havent heard anything that says he has said that. A lot of football players have signed baseball contracts and played football

:yes: It seems that most football/baseball players tend to lean towards the NFL if their future is promising enough too. Odd, considering so many NFL players are driven by the $$$'s.

ChambersWI said:
Note: This is going by current draft order, not where I think we'll finish. (And I do not have Brian Brohm entering the draft as of right now).

1 Arizona Joe Thomas OT, Wisconsin Should Joe Thomas be the number 1 overall pick? Hard to say. The only other OT to go number 1 overall was Orlando Pace, and Thomas is no where near Pace's level coming out of college; but he's closer than Robert Gallery (2nd Overall) and D'Brickshaw Ferguson(4th overall) were. Thomas IMO is the best OT prospect since Pace, and can be a franchise LT. With Leonard Davis likely going the way of FA, and the rest of the line being either A)inexperienced or B)Not good, an upgrade is needed.

2 Detroit Brady Quinn QB, Notre Dame Jon Kitna is having a nice year, but is note a QB of the future. Josh McNown can start if needed, but is a mediocre starter at best. Detroit hasn't had a franchise QB since.... Charlie Batch? (hey, he was kind of good there). This might be the only year though that Millen could get away with drafting a WR.

3 Oakland Calvin Johnson WR, Georgia Tech Randy Moss is unhappy, Jerry Porter is unhappy, Ronald Curry and Alvis Whitted are... solid 3 and 4 WRs. CJ is not the athletic freak Moss is, but he's still pretty close. The biggest difference is he'll give you 100% (hey, he had Reggie Ball as his QB for 3 years, he deserves points for that).

4 Tampa Bay Gaines Adams DE, Clemson I think this pick makes perfect sense for Tampa since Simeon Rice and Greg Spires are getting up there in age. If Brian Brohm enters this could be him, but I think Gruden is still commited to Simms.
ChambersWI said:
Sorry bud, but DET and OAK will have a bid war with ARI in order to trade up with ARI for Brady Quinn.

ARI will not need to draft Joe Thomas #1 when DET and OAK both need Brady Quinn. ARI can go as low as #3 and still get their franchise LT because of both of those teams needing QBs.

Sorry bud, but DET and OAK will have a bid war with ARI in order to trade up with ARI for Brady Quinn.

ARI will not need to draft Joe Thomas #1 when DET and OAK both need Brady Quinn. ARI can go as low as #3 and still get their franchise LT because of both of those teams needing QBs.

I don't think so. Both teams know that Arizona won't draft Quinn so they'll stay where they are.

ChambersWI said:
I don't think so. Both teams know that Arizona won't draft Quinn so they'll stay where they are.

what you fail to realize is that if OAK stays put, DET takes their QB and if DET stays put OAK can skip over them to select their QB at #1...so...

both will be bidding for the #1 pick in order to avoid the other team from trading up and stealing their QB. Get it now? Good.

MrEd said:
what you fail to realize is that if OAK stays put, DET takes their QB and if DET stays put OAK can skip over them to select their QB at #1...so...

both will be bidding for the #1 pick in order to avoid the other team from trading up and stealing their QB. Get it now? Good.

Oh magical wizard of predicting the future and being a jackass about it -

Will you please honor me with giving me the exact score of the Mich/OSU game this weekend. I really wanna put money on it. Or is the NFL draft the only thing you know the exact certainties of?

Thanks,
MrStacks

MrEd said:

No actually knowing that Arizona doesnt need a QB...Detroit is sitting pretty to get Quinn or Brohm(whichever they chose). If Oakland wants that top pic they would have to sell the farm plus the out house to get that pic....Zona would probably make the deal so unfair that it would strap Oakland for years...and believe me on that note Oakland is not that desperate...there are two QB's oakland will get one and Detroit will get one(if they choose not to draft Johnson seriously...ok maybe im kidding a little) Point is neither of the two have really eclipsed the other as of yet.....

MrEd said:

how easy do you think it is to move up to NUMBER 1 without giving up alot in return. for detroit at two to move up to one it would have to give up that pick plus at least thier third....and lets be realistic...if your a top 3 draft team....you need all the pics you can get

Stacks said:
Oh magical wizard of predicting the future and being a jackass about it -

Will you please honor me with giving me the exact score of the Mich/OSU game this weekend. I really wanna put money on it. Or is the NFL draft the only thing you know the exact certainties of?

Thanks,
MrStacks

Miss Cleo told me that Michigan was gonna win...

Back
Top Bottom