27. Indianapolis (12-4)
Duke Robinson

28. Philadelphia (from Carolina) (12-4)
William Moore

29. New York Giants (12-4)
Jeremy Maclin

30. Tennessee (13-3)
Alphonso Smith

31. Arizona or Philadelphia (9-7/9-6-1) Philadelphia will win...
Chris Wells

32. Pittsburgh (12-4)
Jamon Meredith

Last edited by a moderator:
i don't think we'll be drafting Rashad with our 1st pick...i'm thinking either OLB or OL again...but i could be wrong...just my opinion&gut feeling...

You have Oher being drafted twice. I know we need to fix the defense and the line still, but i love Maclin. He would be an instant weapon on ST's , and we could work him in at wr.

yeah i'm going against the grain ... but let me explain quickly how i see this:

matt roth is still under contract and we've got capable backups behind him, so the urge to draft a rookie starter at the OLB position is not as big as drafting someone in the secondary... hill, goodman, bell are all free agents and i think one, MAYBE two will be resigned, so we need our first pick to be used there...

in my sig i haven't put a pass rusher in the first two rounds because right now i prefer those three players, but i definitely think a OLB will be drafted in round two and a ballhawk will be chosen in round one...

some might think corner is more important but i don't agree with that. A freak safety will play in a quarterback's mind all day, and he can play anywhere on the whole field, not one half (like the corners..)
not to mention that intelligent safeties who are athletic will always be around the ball, a la Ed reed, and pick balls that aren't on target... pick a safety in 09 !

I'm very high on Rashad Johnson...but I think it's reaching for Johnson at that pick..odds are he'll be there when Miami picks again....

Also, Tyson Jackson is a prototypical, 5 technique....Washington employs a 4-3 defense...I don't think it's a good fit...

I'm very high on Rashad Johnson...but I think it's reaching for Johnson at that pick..odds are he'll be there when Miami picks again....

Also, Tyson Jackson is a prototypical, 5 technique....Washington employs a 4-3 defense...I don't think it's a good fit...

at this point in time i agree that rashad is a reach at 25... but i'm foreseeing a good "pre-draft" for him and he'll shoot up the boards to the first round...

Jackson would be very usefull in the washington front, i think he could handle the 4-3 end spot on running downs and come inside on passing downs... that would be a andre carter, tyson jackson, jason taylor ( retirement ? ) and griffin

I think that's a little high for Pettigrew....and considering the Bills don't even have a center under contract at the moment...I think they may look to Alex Mack as a possibility with that pick...

I'm not sure Rashad Johnson fits Sparano's "bigger, stronger, faster" goal...

Johnson is a very smart, heady player who QB's the secondary in a very complex scheme...misses tackles in open space....but his ball skills are the best of any safety since Reggie Nelson....they're basically clones of one another...

I'd trip over every safety in this draft and in 2010 to get my hands on Eric Berry next year....

I like Rashad Johnson, but I think it's a reach to grab him at #25. Miami would take Duke Robinson before Rashad Johnson.

I think that's a little high for Pettigrew....and considering the Bills don't even have a center under contract at the moment...I think they may look to Alex Mack as a possibility with that pick...

Johnson is a very smart, heady player who QB's the secondary in a very complex scheme...misses tackles in open space....but his ball skills are the best of any safety since Reggie Nelson....they're basically clones of one another...

I'd trip over every safety in this draft and in 2010 to get my hands on Eric Berry next year....
after watching a few Tennessee games this past season,i'm with you on Eric Berry...he'd look REALLY good in a Phins uniform...

If we resign bell i see no need to draft another physical presence in the defensive backfield...

we need someone to replace hill, we need that guy who's smart enough to master the defence in his rookie year and make a few plays here and there. I wouldn't expect a huge year from a rookie safety but in 2010 he would be a very reliable commodity, mastering the defence and simply playing the game instead of learning it

I like Rashad Johnson, but I think it's a reach to grab him at #25. Miami would take Duke Robinson before Rashad Johnson.

we already have a boatload of guards and centers... if we draft one it will be in a later round IMO... the tackle position is a lot thinner depth wise

i wouldn't be surprised if they drafted a center, but a guard would shock me

Back
Top Bottom