1st Round Targets | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

1st Round Targets

FearTheBeard

FearTheBurke
Reaction score
As each game passes it becomes far more clear what our needs our, after today there really is no question:

FS: Gibril Wilson can't tackle or cover, bad combo unless your an offensive player. We need a solid cover safety, a playmaker would be nice but a guy who is reliable with good instincts is all we need.
Eric Berry, Tennessee: longshot to be available but hes an elite talent.

ILB: We need a playmaker in the middle, Crowder hasn't made a big play in years, whether we draft a replacement for him or Ayodele its a spot we must upgrade.
Rolando McClain, Alabama: he is the quarterback of that defense and one of my favorite players in the draft, I don't want Spikes, he's a late 2nd-3rd round prospect.

TE: Fasano is a good #2 but with the number of 2 man tight end sets we run an upgrade is needed regardless. His contract is also up at the end of this year so he may not even be with us come draft day.
Jermaine Gresham: Huge target, has been injured all year but I've seen what I need from him, draft him, he should be on the board.

#1 WR: I don't think this is as necessary as others think, Hartline is showing promise, Bess is a solid slot man and Camarillo is as reliable as they come. Make a trade for a wideout, don't draft one. They're the biggest divas in sports, one of them will be put on the block, then get a proven #1.

ERIC ****ING BERRY!

I usually am not quite this high on draft picks, and I'm a VERY good evaluator of talent in drafts, so when I say Eric Berry is extremely similar to Ed Reed, I mean it. Eric Berry is the most sure thing in this draft. I would trade w/e I could to move up and pick Berry in this draft.

First of, very modest assessment of yourself haha but if the Jets can move up with the Browns, I wouldn't mind moving up with the Chiefs. Although I really want Jermaine Gresham and Rolando McClain, I think they're much more realistic and would definately fill needs and be Pro Bowlers.

We'll probably finish the season somewhere around .500 or so. That will put us out of the running for Berry. He's top 10 for sure.

Taylor Mays may be a good option for us.

We'll probably finish the season somewhere around .500 or so. That will put us out of the running for Berry. He's top 10 for sure.

Taylor Mays may be a good option for us.

I totally agree. Berry will be a top 3 pick in the draft, but Mays will probably be a top 10 pick as well. I think we need to trade up period if we want to get either one, and I honestly believe Berry is the safest pick in years.

But if Dez Bryant falls to us, I'll snatch him up VERY quickly. Alot of talent this year.

Honestly not very high on Bryant, his speed is overrated, he doesn't run pro routes running in a gimmick offense. I like Benn, Williams and Mike Williams to be honest although he's still a top 20 talent. I like Mays but I don't think he fits what we need in a safety, very poor ball skills as you very rarely see him looking for the ball when it's in the air.

Benn, Decker, and Mike Williams are all Percy Harvin like players, only problem is none of them have the elusiveness that Harvin has. I think all these guys fit more into a college style offense compared to the NFL, none of them are physical at the line of scrimmage and rely way too much on their speed to get them to where they are. Bryant is extremely physical, has great speed, and has shown that he steps up in big time situations. We need a WR, and their is a big dropoff after Bryant, with Lafell being the next best WR after him, which isn't saying much.

I think if we wanted a WR, Nicks would've been the time to get one, but we passed, so we need to get one early or in free agency, and if Bryant is available, no way we pass on him.

Honestly I think we really differ on wide outs, I don't see any similarity between the 3. Benn is a big bodied guy much unlike Harvin and has a good combo of size and speed. Mike Williams is the best YAC player in the NCAA and I really don't see the Decker comparison, just a solid possession type with marginal speed, fearless over the middle. Also I'm low on Lafell, marginal speed and not really a hands catcher.

No WR's will be taken by us especially in the first, I think Ginn is traded or cut and we sign a FA. My first round pick is McClain, if Mays falls it would be hard not to take him either. But I think this draft Parcells is going to get his LB'ers.

Although it comes to mind that if we can get Mays in the first, maybe we can snag Micah Johnson in the second??

McClain would probably be brought here only if Akin A. is off the team, so that would be fine.

And I just remembered the Parcells mindset is not to draft WR's in the 1st round (ever since the Keyshawn Johnson incident). So that makes sense, however I believe our two biggest needs we will need to address in the first round will be WR and free safety. There are plenty of good LBers throughout the draft, but there are only two very good safeties in this draft, and they will extremely high. I already stated this year isn't nearly as strong on WR's this year as it was last year, so if you want to get one of the top WR's, you better do it fast, because you won't get one of that kind of caliber later on.

McClain would probably be brought here only if Akin A. is off the team, so that would be fine.

And I just remembered the Parcells mindset is not to draft WR's in the 1st round (ever since the Keyshawn Johnson incident). So that makes sense, however I believe our two biggest needs we will need to address in the first round will be WR and free safety. There are plenty of good LBers throughout the draft, but there are only two very good safeties in this draft, and they will extremely high. I already stated this year isn't nearly as strong on WR's this year as it was last year, so if you want to get one of the top WR's, you better do it fast, because you won't get one of that kind of caliber later on.

IMO there are more than two good safety prospects in the draft. Berry and Mays are elite talents, but Nate Allen or Morgan Burnett would be great picks in round 2.

we really need a playmaker on defense right away, we probably only have wake and they do not put him in as much

Akin Ayodele is better than Channing Crowder IMO. McClain is better than both of these players right now and he would be my ideal 1st Rounder

Back
Top Bottom