2 options 1 has to Happen | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2 options 1 has to Happen

Dr. Tomorrow

Scout Team
Reaction score
Either Henning has to go and have Lee take his place as OC or Henne needs to be pulled and Thigpen not Pennington should start. Henne is not accurate enough for this conservative offense and it shows every week with missing spots on the field like the right side of a receiver to throw to. Basically he cant handle throwing into tight coverage consistently. Now I believe Pennington is better then Thigpen but we already know what we get with Pennington. We all know he can't beat teams like the Ravens or Steelers. But with Thigpen we dont exactly know what hes capable of if was given the reigns of the team. From what I have seen from him from Kansas City and his brief moments with Miami I feel he makes big plays happen something this offense seems to be against doing. I say why not, give Thigpen a shot and if he blows draft a QB next draft. To me Thigpen cant produce much less then Henne is right now.

jesus, now youre starting a thread on putting in thigpen...man i bet you were a john beck fan...

jesus, now youre starting a thread on putting in thigpen...man i bet you were a john beck fan...

Harsh, but i agree. What does thigpen have...mobility thats about it. Let's not start the most accurate passer in league history. :crazy: yea, ok.

Actually, the OP has a solid point. If you are going to play this type of offense, Pennington should play. The correct option would be to fire Henning and stop playing close to the vest.

Being he is a young QB, he is going to have growing pains like today. Pulling Henne would be a serious mistake. I knew Henning was gonna be more water tight than a frog's a** today with the Ravens DBs. I'm hoping the second half of the season they open up the offense more.

Henning is too old in my opinion, maybe he needs to sip on some whiskey to loosen him up with the play calling, take some shots down field... Idk maybe its just me, but I felt like we took more chances the first year when we went 11-5. I mean with all the wild cat trickery, and as far and throwing down field some. **** I know we didnt do it any less, and now we have a strong armed QB, which despite what you say about Henne and his accuracy and decisions, the dude has a great arm and a pretty long ball the few times ive seen him throw it deep. So whats the deal?

How about a 2 qb system...

Only cause...

If penny was at the goal line where it was 3 and 1, penny would have easily made that touch pass to fasano catchable.

In certain crutial situations, now is the time to maximize the whole roster.

If they give penny the redzone, short field, he'll do better than henne.

In this scenario, they could let henne have the long field/long balls, till they get to the redzone.

Being he is a young QB, he is going to have growing pains like today. Pulling Henne would be a serious mistake. I knew Henning was gonna be more water tight than a frog's a** today with the Ravens DBs. I'm hoping the second half of the season they open up the offense more.
Weve been saying, hoping, for this every game. Im convinced it wont happen. Not with henning calling plays

id love to see penny get a few reps, and even if we do waste a play throwing in a cold qb... its not like they have come up with any better ideas

Back
Top Bottom