#2 package deal | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

#2 package deal

dr.jake

Rookie
Reaction score
just curious as to what people thought the value of our 2 second rounders would be worth on draft day.the JT pick is really just gravy to me. how far could we realistically move up the board if we packaged them both.just curious.

we won't move up, no way. We have finally been in a position to have a decent amount of picks and why do so when are needs are plenty.

We're still a rebuilding team. Don't let the lucky 11-5 record fool you, we'll be hard pressed to duplicate that even with the team improving. That 2b pick for JT will be a starter ... maybe even immediately. It would have to be a really good player for me to give up either of our 2nd rounders. Personally, I think if we spend a 3rd rounder on a G he'll start also. That's why I'm hoping Kraig Urbik is available when we pick in the 3rd.

We're still a rebuilding team. Don't let the lucky 11-5 record fool you, we'll be hard pressed to duplicate that even with the team improving. That 2b pick for JT will be a starter ... maybe even immediately. It would have to be a really good player for me to give up either of our 2nd rounders. Personally, I think if we spend a 3rd rounder on a G he'll start also. That's why I'm hoping Kraig Urbik is available when we pick in the 3rd.

Why would we draft a G early when we signed Smiley and drafted two last year? I'd rather draft a natural C early and move Satele to G.

if anything if the player that we want is not there we should trade out of the first round and pick up another pick in the 3rd round

but i do not see that happening

if anything if the player that we want is not there we should trade out of the first round and pick up another pick in the 3rd round

That's possible, but my guess is that we'll stay at #25 and take a WR or OL- Harvin, Nicks, Mack or Unger. I'm curious as to how the team rates C Antoinne Caldwell- I'd like to get him at 2b.

we won't move up, no way. We have finally been in a position to have a decent amount of picks and why do so when are needs are plenty.

i guess the point of the post is not IF but rather what price. if someone were foolish enuf to offer a top ten pick you'd say NO? how about top 15? top 20?
myself i'd gladly give up the 2 second rounders to pick in the 15-20 range.

No way.....we are not a possible "superstar" away from going deep into the playoffs...
Our CBs are 30plus, LBs dont scare anyone, OL needs work and another solid piece, FS is a glaring need, DT might be necessary this year, to groom for the future, and we are rushing the QB with only 1 aging (great) player....plus, we might have one of the most unspectacular WR corps in the NFL
What we really need is a few solid picks in FA, and another sound Draft....Once we have a young core with some experience playing together, you upgrade positions with skilled or better players, but were not there yet...

If we can manage to move up ten spots to land Maualuga by giving up one of our second rounders, I'd do it.

exactly the dude i had in mind when i posted this.if rey slips to 15...
but in my scenario we keep #25. a first and a second is another can of tuna.

Back
Top Bottom