2 things you need to know for Sunday | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2 things you need to know for Sunday

DKphin

Club Member
Reaction score
  • Miami Dolphins offensive coordinator, Clyde Christensen, said that starting RB Jay Ajayi’s receiving skills are 200 percent better than a season ago. That would be useful for Miami if true, because Ajayi was one of the league’s more one-dimensional backs – dominating on the ground and leading the league in broken tackles – but making very little of his yardage through the air and ranking among the worst in the league in yards per route run.
  • Miami Dolphins return man Jakeem Grant has been asked by the team to learn outside WR. At 5-foot-6 and around 170 pounds, Grant doesn’t seem a natural perimeter wideout, but he played just 19 snaps on offense as a rookie, and they were split between the slot and out wide, so the team appears to be just looking for ways to get him on the field on downs other than fourth.
https://www.profootballfocus.com/pro-5-things-you-need-to-know-for-sunday/

Love what Jay brought last year.
If he can bring more to the table im good with that .

Crazy Jay was so bad at receiving last year, but was so deadly at Boise.

His first year starting. Easy to tell he still had jitters out there. I think his nerves and game should improve this year.

Last edited by a moderator:
Practice makes perfect. Ajayi will undoubtedly be the dual threat he was at Boise State. I saw he went 25th in ESPN's FF mock draft. That's crazy, he will be a top FF performer.

When Jakeem Grant finds his role he will excel at it. I am hoping he gets 5-6 snaps a game on offense and if he can touch the ball at least twice that presents a real problem for whoever is covering him. I am excited too see how Coach Gase will devise crafty ways to put the ball in his hands. He's always a threat to score. Jakeem is a change of pace WR. He's going to tire CB's and S's out and when that starts to happen, Parker, Thomas, Landry and Stills will murder them.

I am excited to see these guys in the same system in year 2. It's not an easy thing for a new first time HC to come in and field a top offense in year one but he did one thing and that's get guys to buy in to the plan. Everyone loves this guy and wants to play hard for him. The season that Ajayi had was nothing short of miraculous and should be even better in year 2.

As I've sated before, I believe Parker is primed to break out as a true #1. He has 1200+ yards and 10 TD written all over him. Kenny Stills was getting better and better as the season went on last year. Add in Landry and we should have a much improved group this year. Now throw in Julius Thomas, Fasano and Ajayi....Drake and Grant and this is shaping up to be a pretty impressive unit.

Who has the personnel to cover all these guys? Not many teams.

Here's hoping that Parker takes on some of those (Gase) Alpha traits this year. From all reports, it is already rubbing off on Tannehill.

And we haven't even discussed the impact of Laremy Tunsil on our offense. He's arguably the most talented man on our roster, or at least potentially on par with Suh.

On paper this offense stacks up favorably against any in the NFL. Maybe only Dallas is in the conversation on overall offensive talent.

And there surely isn't a WRing corp as deep as this one.

Just need our guards/centers to show up along with our coverage linebackers

Back
Top Bottom