20 year old draft "expert" on Cold Pizza has us taking... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

20 year old draft "expert" on Cold Pizza has us taking...

Miamifin23

Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
This kid on Cold Pizza this morning has us with the 16th pick taking Santonio Holmes. Even though I like Holmes, I feel reciever isn't a position we need to be spending a 1st rder on this year. We have more of a need at OLB and S. Guys like Demetrius Williams, Mike Haas, and Will Blackmon are guys that will be around in the 3rd-4th rd that would be a great pick. I would rather see us go with a Bobby Carpenter, Jimmy Williams, Donte Whitner... type player. Even a hybrid like Wimbley or Lawson would be a better pick than any of the recievers in the 1st.

None of those later recievers you named would be effective playing the slot

I think its VERY possible we go after Holmes in the first round

UF Fin Kat said:
he runs draftstudio.com. and he works at sam's club in tampa.

:sidelol:

btw, i used to hate the idea of us taking Holmes. But i cant see Booker on this team past this year, and he could be a great slot WR right away IMO. Not to mention we can get a LB in round 3 to compete with Spragan, Hodge and Pope, who arent great, but arent absolutly horrible either.

I think Holmes is more NFL ready than Jackson. Jackson could be great, but it will take a couple of years to find out.

First round receivers hardly ever make an immediate impact. I don't see Saban thinking WR in the first round. Wasn't that what he had everybody thinking last year with Braylon Edwards at #2?

Shawn-l said:
First round receivers hardly ever make an immediate impact. I don't see Saban thinking WR in the first round. Wasn't that what he had everybody thinking last year with Braylon Edwards at #2?

*cough* No!

I knew last year since December (watching Auburn) that Ronnie was a lock. As I told my whole family at Christmas.

This is year is tougher though. There are easily three positions that Saban could pick as our first pick.

Back
Top Bottom