Indianapolis Colts MICHAEL BOULWARE
OLB 6'3" 225 Florida State

Kansas City Chiefs JACOB ROGERS
OT 6'6" 305 Southern California

Philadelphia Eagles DONTARRIOUS THOMAS
OLB 6'2" 235 Auburn

New England Patriots STUART SCHWEIGERT
S 6'3" 215 Purdue

*** Unless Larry Fitzgerald becomes Draft Eligible then he would be the 1st WR picked.

Not to be rude, but why would the Seahawks want Woods? They have Jackson, Robinson, and Engram and Ihear Jackson is coming back

Will Smith is supposedly a top 10 pick now.

Denver doesn't go TE in the 1st, even with Sharpe retiring. They'll go secondary or for a big WR.

Ya that's true with what they usually do. My guess is that they will take Marlin Jackson.

Detriot wont go RB in 1st round. They most likely go S, or D-Line. Either way, it will be a Defensive pick IMO.

I'd hope for Woods/Jenkins/Clayton if the Broncos go WR, or Hall/Jackson/Vasher if they went CB.

Originally posted by Prime Time
Detriot wont go RB in 1st round. They most likely go S, or D-Line. Either way, it will be a Defensive pick IMO.

i disagree all the way. Detriot needs a RB. Stewert hasn't done much since he's been there, and already have a franchise QB (i think...) and a franchise WR. they need a running game, and Stephen Jackson is the best in the draft IMO. if he or jones is there when they pick, thats who they're getting.

also i don't believe SD is gonna take a QB. i don't know the Drew Brees expirment is over. they have to many problems on that defense. Brees had a BAD season, theres no question. BUT the fact that the WR core sucked (and boston was a no show during the 1st half of the season), and Tomlinson had a slow start hurt them. he is still young, and i believe they will take TOMMIE HARRIS, or WILL SMITH.

aslo you have the giants taking Taylor? the core of the problem in that team is oline. look for Robert Gallery or Shawn Andrews to be their first pick.

my top 10 mock draft-

1. San Diego Chargers- Will Smith***

2. Oakland Raiders- Tommie Harris*** (not that i don't think Larry Fitzgerald will be in the draft, but Al Davis is a weird guy... that D needs more help then that O. if it were me i'd take Fitzgerald)

3. Arizona Cardinals- Robert Gallery*** (Mcnown will be there QB)

4. New York Giants- Shawn Andrews***

5. Washington Redskins- Kevin Jones*** (more versitle then Jackson)

6. Detroit Lions- Steven Jackson***

7. Cleveland Browns- Eli Manning*** (couch and holcomb are not the answer)

8. Atlanta Falcons- Larry Fitzgerald***

9. Jacksonville Jaguars Roy Williams***

10. Houston Texans Vince Wilfork

i kow most of you are saying WTF?! why is Eli, and Larry going 8,9? they're top 5 picks! yes and no... look at the teams and the holes needed to be filled. most either having a QB they're working for the future with. in the Case of Fitzgerald, i don't see a market for him in top 5 except Oakland. i think Oakland is 50/50 but have Jerry Porter for the future.

as strange as this looks, i think this could happen.

Originally posted by Blueprint_21

i disagree all the way. Detriot needs a RB. Stewert hasn't done much since he's been there, and already have a franchise QB (i think...) and a franchise WR. they need a running game, and Stephen Jackson is the best in the draft IMO. if he or jones is there when they pick, thats who they're getting.

also i don't believe SD is gonna take a QB. i don't know the Drew Brees expirment is over. they have to many problems on that defense. Brees had a BAD season, theres no question. BUT the fact that the WR core sucked (and boston was a no show during the 1st half of the season), and Tomlinson had a slow start hurt them. he is still young, and i believe they will take TOMMIE HARRIS, or WILL SMITH.

aslo you have the giants taking Taylor? the core of the problem in that team is oline. look for Robert Gallery or Shawn Andrews to be their first pick.

my top 10 mock draft-

1. San Diego Chargers- Will Smith***

2. Oakland Raiders- Tommie Harris*** (not that i don't think Larry Fitzgerald will be in the draft, but Al Davis is a weird guy... that D needs more help then that O. if it were me i'd take Fitzgerald)

3. Arizona Cardinals- Robert Gallery*** (Mcnown will be there QB)

4. New York Giants- Shawn Andrews***

5. Washington Redskins- Kevin Jones*** (more versitle then Jackson)

6. Detroit Lions- Steven Jackson***

7. Cleveland Browns- Eli Manning*** (couch and holcomb are not the answer)

8. Atlanta Falcons- Larry Fitzgerald***

9. Jacksonville Jaguars Roy Williams***

10. Houston Texans Vince Wilfork

i kow most of you are saying WTF?! why is Eli, and Larry going 8,9? they're top 5 picks! yes and no... look at the teams and the holes needed to be filled. most either having a QB they're working for the future with. in the Case of Fitzgerald, i don't see a market for him in top 5 except Oakland. i think Oakland is 50/50 but have Jerry Porter for the future.

as strange as this looks, i think this could happen.

Detroit needs a lot of things. They basically need anything. They could go with a RB but their whole defense is awful and they will be looking to fix that first.

San Diego will definitely look to get a QB with the first pick. They could have an amazing offense with a stud QB. They have a #1 WR in Boston (as long as he stays out of trouble) and Tomlinson is amazing. If they can get a stud QB, their offense will be great. They will definitely take a QB.

There is also no way Fitzgerald would ever slip that far. The teams above do have other needs but Fitzgerald will be a top 3 pick. If no one up there wants him, someone will trade up. Atlanta could be a big canidate to trade up and get Fitzgerald if possible. Also, the Raiders could pick him at #2 although they have other needs.

Originally posted by iceblizzard69

Detroit needs a lot of things. They basically need anything. They could go with a RB but their whole defense is awful and they will be looking to fix that first.

San Diego will definitely look to get a QB with the first pick. They could have an amazing offense with a stud QB. They have a #1 WR in Boston (as long as he stays out of trouble) and Tomlinson is amazing. If they can get a stud QB, their offense will be great. They will definitely take a QB.

There is also no way Fitzgerald would ever slip that far. The teams above do have other needs but Fitzgerald will be a top 3 pick. If no one up there wants him, someone will trade up. Atlanta could be a big canidate to trade up and get Fitzgerald if possible. Also, the Raiders could pick him at #2 although they have other needs.

SD doesn't need to rebuild AGAIN.. i really doubt they'll take a rookie QB, and start all over with their offense. i think they'll look at FA QB before getting one in the draft.

see the problem with "he can't slip that far" is BS. it's like when everyone thought miami should have taken brees in the first round for the sake of drafting a QB.. thats not how serious GMs draft. no one takes a player simply because's he's there.

Fitzgerald will either go to Oakland, or will fall into the late top 10. no other team needs a WR that badly to ignore the other gaps in their team.

Do you guys think we will really have a chance with Rivers? Him, Eli, and Roethlisberger are all equally good QB's, you think Rivers wont go until the 20th? Alot of the teams above us could definately use a QB. I dont think so but lets pray we get one of those Qbs

All i can say is if we dont draft one of the top 5 QBs and a very good WR and take care of the line somewhere in all that then I am just going to lose hope in offseason development. THANK GOD Dave will have nothing to do with this because I could TOTALLY see us with more defensive picks instead of the positions we really need. You guys do realize we could have had Boldin or Calico?

Originally posted by Prime Time

Go to DetroitLions.com and look at their RBs. You're talking about a team that recently took a QB #3 overall and a WR #2 overall. They have a chance to build a great combo by selecting a RB at #7.

You're taking about a terrible team, picking a QB, WR, and RB in the top 10 for 3-years straight. Perfect way to build your offense.
When given those high picks in recent years, that's how you build an offensive powerhouse. After that, you go and build your defense slowly around Dre Bly and Boss Bailey.

I look at the Lions offensively the same way I look at the Texans.

Carr-Johnson
Harrington-Rogers

Luckily for Houston, they got one hell of a steal in Dominique Davis in the 4th round last draft. Detroit could really use a stud RB, and you have Steven Jackson sitting on the board? TAKE HIM!

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally posted by Phinfan31
Do you guys think we will really have a chance with Rivers? Him, Eli, and Roethlisberger are all equally good QB's, you think Rivers wont go until the 20th? Alot of the teams above us could definately use a QB. I dont think so but lets pray we get one of those Qbs

Rivers will definitely fall to us. He isn't on the same level as Manning and Roethlisberger. Taking Rivers with our pick could actually be considered a reach at this point.

I don't see NY taking Gallery. Not when they just signed Luke Pettigout to a long-term LT deal last year. I don't think they want to have two huge contracts at OT. I say they wait and get a guy like Matt Starks later to play RT. And they were young inside this year. Meanwhile, their secondary is the pits. Sean Taylor fits that pick. Plus NY fans are in love with Miami players. Bringing Shockey's teammate in will have them rabid.

Atlanta seems more likely to take an OL early IMO. They're guys suck. And Whitfield is about done.

Back
Top Bottom