2004 v 2003 offenses | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2004 v 2003 offenses

keithjackson

junkyard dolphin
Reaction score
what offense would you rather have - this year's or last year's?
who would win if they played each other?

QB
if AJs the QB, then we've improved. if Jay's it, then we've stayed the same - or since alot of the reports i hear say jay's in great shape blah blah blah the competitions making him raise his game blah blah blah jay might be even better than last year. last year i was a total jay fan, and this year im a total AJ fan...
EDGE - 2004

RB/HB/FB
this is really the only area on the team we got way worse in. the real question is how much worse. ricky didnt average 4 yds/car last year. if we don't run the ball 35 times a games, who says we cant get 3 yds/car with a couple big runs thrown in there every lucky once in a while. cross your fingers for rob konrad's skills to either make the gap smaller and not his injury making it bigger...
EDGE - 2003

WR
lets see: 1.chambers 2.thompson 3.mcknight 4.tolver 5.simmons 6.newson
or: 1.chambers 2.thompson 3.freeman 4.minnis 5.tolver 6.bellamy
we pretty much stayed about the same. is freeman better than mcknight? probably, in a very different way. i like snoop minnis, the little bit ive heard of him, and he's an upgrade at 4th reciever, and from one preseason game, ron bellamy seems like a greatly adequate 6th reciever. Id say we're barely better at wide reciever this year. But i wouldn't be suprised if thompson did play much better this year or if chambers does play with a chip on his shoulder and gets 1000 yds, AND since boston might be back for the playoffs, AND since we might be getting a new reciever soon...
EDGE - 2004

OLINE
2004's wade smith will be better than 2003's. jeno james will be better than jamie nails. seth mckinney will probably no better or worse than tim ruddy. the left side improved, but the right side is a huge question. I have faith in vernon carey to be a solid improvement at RG by the end of the season, but i'd rather have todd wade over st.clair. but 3 out of 5 with 1 tie aint bad...
EDGE - 2004

TE
Everything has set up this to be the season of the TE: an average running game, an average oline, average WRs, double TE sets, and TE-friendly foerster - o yea and one awesome randy and one good donald. call me crazy, but randy must know that he has to perform this year, with everything thats happened to this team, especially if he sees himself as a leader, because these are the times that leaders are for, leaders in times who get rewarded by going to the probowl, and also, its never too early to start thinking about your next contract...
EDGE - 2004

OFFENSIVE COACHING
Norv Turner versus whats-his-name? I'll reserve actual judgment on this until the season starts since i dont know anything about our new guy's playcalling.
Even though trestman and sullivan were excellent aquisitions, Norv might go down as one of the top 100 coaches in the NFL alltime.
EDGE - 2003

OFFENSE
what offense would i rather go into the season with? it all depends on the playcalling. If we have a running offense, id rather go with 2003. If we have a passing offense, id go with 2004.
im excited about AJ. Im excited to see what chris can do with AJ. And the rest of the offense? im ready to be pleasantly surprised...
EDGE - 2004 but not by much

all we can hope is that the improvement at QB is greater than the atrophy at runningback.

this is just what i think
id love to hear your takes

Back
Top Bottom