MLB: Jonathan Vilma
OLB: Shaun Phillips
CB: Daunta Robinson
CB: Ahmad Carroll
FS: Sean Taylor
SS: Keith Lewis

KR: Dexter Wynn
PR: DeAngelo Hall

and you forgot Vernon Carey, he will be one of the best rookie oline-men this year

Didn't I read somewhere that Winslow is out for the season?

So basically all the highly touted rookies will make the team? Yes there are 90% locks like Fitzgerald or Roy Williams but what about sleepers that come on strong...*cough* Anquan Boldin *cough*. And you have to consider what team they play on, how they are going to be used, etc. Oh and there is that fact that training camp is still to come...

killswitch said:
here are my predictions:

QB: Eli Manning
HB: Julius Jones
FB: Mike Karney
WR: Larry Fitzgerald
WR: Reggie Williams
TE: Kellen Winslow Jr.
OT: Robert Gallery
OG: Chris Snee
C: Scott Wells
OG: Shawn Andrews
OT: Jacob Rogers

DE: Kenechi Udeze
DT: Marcus Tubbs
DT: Darnell Dockett
DE: Will Smith
OLB: Jason Babin
OLB: Shaun Phillips
CB: Daunta Robinson
SS: Keith Lewis

KR: Dexter Wynn

Not exactly bold predictions. These are just the #1 guys off the draft lists for each position.

Dol-Fan Dupree said:
Yea, and Vernon Carey will actually play unlike Jacob Rogers
Jacob Rogers is the current starter on the depth chart at RT for the Cowboys. Barring injury, he will start all 16 games.

Ohio Fanatic said:
Not exactly bold predictions. These are just the #1 guys off the draft lists for each position.

No, they aren't just the highest drafted players.

Nicely done.

I think that Karlos Dansby will be an impact player for the Cardinals(is that an oxymoron??) as well. Sleeper pick for defensive rookie of the year. Just a gut feeling.

2004 all rookie team

Ohio Fanatic said:
AggieFin21 said:
So basically all the highly touted rookies will make the team? Yes there are 90% locks like Fitzgerald or Roy Williams but what about sleepers that come on strong...*cough* Anquan Boldin *cough*. And you have to consider what team they play on, how they are going to be used, etc. Oh and there is that fact that training camp is still to come...

First of all, these aren't all #1 guys off the draft lists for each position if you would look more closely. Second of all, I did consider the team that each will be on and how they will be used. Show me an instance where I didn't. (3rd of all, Roy Williams isn't a lock.)

And, no, all highly touted rookies will not make the team. If you look more closely, I don't have all highly touted rookies.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

At QB, Manning's there b/c it's my prediction that he'll be the only rookie QB to actually start consistently and play fairly well.

At WR, IMO Fitzgerald will make it with no contest, and to some's surprise Roy Williams won't. I took Reggie ahead of him b/c he's the better player and should have a great oppurtunity in Jax.

At TE, I really like Troupe and think he'll have a great year, but then I realized how much Winslow will be a focal point of the Brown's offense. So, I had to take Winslow.

At OT, I think Robert Gallery is practically a given. I took Rogers over Carey and the other rookie T's simply because IMO Rogers was the 2nd best OT in the draft (only behind Gallery), and he'll start all season for the 'Boys.

At OG, Snee is the best (better than Smiley and Andrews IMO), and he'll also start every game for the Giants. And Andrews actually will probably make a better G than T (he's already been named the starter at RG in Philly), because his strength, run-blocking, is emphacized more at RG.

At C, I took the 251st selection overall in Scots Wells because he was my top-rated in the draft. He'll definately make the roster in GB, and will be the top back-up on opening day. I look for him to somehow gain a starting postiton on the line by the end of the season, even if it comes through replacing an injured guy. And, like always, there are surprises, so IMO, Wells will be one of those surprises this year.

At DE, I think it was a really weak class this year behind the top 2 in Udeze (IMO he will turn out to be the best defensive player of this draft) and Wil Simth. I liked guys like Reggie Torbor at DE, but he'll be playing OLB for the Giants, and Tony Hargrove, but he probably won't see a whole lot of action this year as a rookie.

At DT, I have Marcus Tubbs ahead of both Wilfork and Harris. Tubbs was my top-rated DT of the draft. Actually, I think he's a lot like Kris Jenkins. He probably won't be quite as good, but I see him as an eventual pro-bowler. Then, I took Darnell Docket at the other DT (ahead of 6 other DT's picked in front of him) b/c he's already been named the starter in Arizona, and he has the talent to kepp the spot and play at a high level.

At OLB, I look for Babin to rack up a ton of sacks as a starter in the 3-4 schem in Texas. THen, I have Shaun Phillips as a sleeper guy in San Diego. Originally, I had Phillips as one of my top-rated DE's in the draft, but he moved to OLB in San Diego, and has a solid chance to play a significant role. Notice DJ Williams was not chosen. I think Williams will be alright as a pro: an underacheiver who will be no better than an average starter. nothing special.

In the middle, I gotta take Vilma b/c IMO he'll be the only consistent rookie starter at that position, and has the talent and instincts to be special.

At CB, notice I don't have DeAngelo Hall. I think he's extremely overrated. Anyway, I silmply have Robinson and Carroll because they were my top-rated CB's in the draft and are both in good positions where they will start and have every oppurtunity to make a significant impact.

At S, I think Sean Taylor's a given. Then, at SS, I have Keith Lewis, the 198th overall selection and 18 S taken. I had Lewis as one of my sleepers from early on, and he should get a good oppurtunity in SF. He'll be the top guy behind Tony Parrish on the strong-side, and may compete with Ronnie Heard on the free-side.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

again, look more closely, and you'll notice these aren't just all #1 guys at their postions:

QB: Eli Manning
HB: Julius Jones - 2nd round pick (43 overall): 5th RB taken
FB: Mike Karney - 5th round pick
WR: Larry Fitzgerald
WR: Reggie Williams - 3rd WR taken (9th overall); IMO, will make it over Roy Williams
TE: Kellen Winslow Jr.
OT: Robert Gallery
OG: Chris Snee - 2nd round pick (34 overall)
C: Scott Wells - 7th round pick (251 overall): 10th C taken
OG: Shawn Andrews
OT: Jacob Rogers - 2nd round pick (52 overall): 3rd OT taken

DE: Kenechi Udeze
DT: Marcus Tubbs - 3rd DT taken (23 overall)
DT: Darnell Dockett - 3rd round pick (64 overall): 8th DT taken
DE: Will Smith
OLB: Jason Babin - IMO, will make it ahead of DJ Williams
OLB: Shaun Phillips - 4th round (98 overall): 14th OLB taken
CB: Daunta Robinson - notice, no DeAngelo Hall for CB
SS: Keith Lewis - 6th round (198 overall): 18th S taken

KR: Dexter Wynn - 6th round (192 overall)

I dont see Manning doing well at all and I don't see him playing at all in 04. Roesthisberger will be making an impact I see. I think Kevin Jones is a better back then Julius Jones.

Back
Top Bottom