2005 draft: QB? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2005 draft: QB?

Juice_56

Practice Squad
Reaction score
if feeley does not pan out, i think he'll do ok though, would you guys want to draft a qb next year in the early rounds or would you want use to let feeley or sage develope? not to metnion feidler as the starter, hell be like 34 then and uuum old, so shouldn't we at least draft a project one in the late rounds though?

I think we need to see how Fiedler/Feeley does this year. If both do poorly, it might be time to consider drafting one.

If we don't get a good performance out of whoever our QB is this year, I could definitely see us drafting a QB next season in the first round.

No...I think we need to draft more CB's :tongue: Honestly it's waaaay too early to guess what we'll be doing next year. From early expectations the QB class of 2005 seems to be very good, so it could be an option for us.

If Sage Rosenfels or Clint Stoerner are given a chance to show what they can do and give us a possible young QB prospect. I would rather get a MLB in the early rounds of the draft. In addition, there will always be a quality vet QB available as a RFA or FA.

I really like what I've seen from clint. Have we or did washington ever send saga to NFLEUROPE? I do believe it really helps players. I'm really not a big saga fan,but who knows maybe i just need to see more of him to be fair.

I dont see us drafting a qb anytime soon

I just dont see us drafting a QB next year, with Clint we are 4 deep at the position if we wanted a project QB why not get one as UDFA there were several names out there to be had( The Hefty Lefty and my personal favorite Robert Kent). We are aging on defense, I really see us going LB and DT early in the draft.

i doubt well keep clint for more than this year though, and if we dont draft a qb id like to see us draft an olb instead of a middle linebacker early. and then use another pick on a dt early on. i think next year dt will be our most pressing need to draft.

Fins2theend said:
I just dont see us drafting a QB next year, with Clint we are 4 deep at the position if we wanted a project QB why not get one as UDFA there were several names out there to be had( The Hefty Lefty and my personal favorite Robert Kent). We are aging on defense, I really see us going LB and DT early in the draft.
i agree that we should start thinking about linebackers. Seau is old, and zach is no longer the player he used to be. If Boston pans out-which i think he will- our offense should be okay for a few years (ricky, chambers, boston, ricky, mcmichael, are all potential pro-bowlers)

DT or MLB...

Maybe another lineman, but that is unlikely in the first round because Wade Smith is highly regarded at LT and we just got Vernon Carey to take care of the RT position.

DT will most likely be the priority next year. LB will be as well cause I see Miami letting go of Seau after this season is over.

Chambers will be fine this year, with DB on the opposite side he could be facing the second best corner as opposed to years past where he faced the teams best corner with safety help deep. With Seau in his last year IMO we really need to find a replacement for him, Zach may not be the player he once was but he is still one of the top MLB's in the game. That being said he isnt getting any younger, and if Seau is gone next year and they Moore takes that spot then we are seriously in need of depth at LB. Can someone tell me if Demarco McNiel has signed? If not we need to take a look at this guy and maybe give him an Ogun type shot, he was predicted in the late 3rd but had injury questions so he went undrafted. We are OK at DT this year but what if Bowens and Zgonia(sp) retire next year.....We are in trouble. That puts us in the market for a DT that could start immediately, so I see our 1st next year being on a DT.

Back
Top Bottom