2005 Miami Dolphins=2004 Atlanta Falcons? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2005 Miami Dolphins=2004 Atlanta Falcons?

MarksBrothers85

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Like many, I like to stay optimistic when it comes to the Miami Dolphins and based on the way this offseason has gone thus far, I see nothing but good things coming out of Davie, FL recently. But, what I wanted to say is that I notice that some fans keep trying to compare us to the San Diego Chargers of last season.

However, I think we are shaping up to be more like the 2004 Atlanta Falcons. Think about it for a second. Like Atlanta, they're long time head coach resigned in the middle of the season and they lost they're star player to injury (not the bong, like Ricky). The following offseason, they hired a new head coach who brought a new energy to the organization (like Saban) and implimented a new offensive attack that included a devastating one-two running back punch in TJ Duckett and Warrick Dunn (like Wiliams and Brown) to compliment a solid defense.

I'm not saying that the Dolphins will go 11-5 and reach the conference title game like the Falcons, seeing that we still have some holes. But, we will be improved and I just thought it was something to think about on a boring Monday afternoon....take it for what you will.

The thing with that is that they have Vick at QB which at least threatens to throw it deep. We dont have that as of yet. That worrys me. Im starting to think that we actually are 2-4 years away from a Superbowl run.

It'd be nice if we had the same type of season they had last year, though with our question marks at the QB spot, I don't see how that's possible.

(Actually, let me rephrase. It's possible, just not probable.)

No, Michael Vick is not a good QB, but he's a great football player, the difference between Atlanta in 2003 and 2004 was Vick, the defense got better, but without Vick they're a garbage team.

Back
Top Bottom