2006 draft LOADED with DB's; My take! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2006 draft LOADED with DB's; My take!

Aqua4Ever04

Active Roster
Reaction score
[mod] keep draft threads in the draft forum [/mod]

As I search through Mel Kiper's draft board and the player lists on ESPN.com, I realize just how many stud DB's there are in this draft and WE MUST ACT on one of them in that first round. At this point, it is still our biggest need and I think it'd be foolish to not take one of them. Here are the options I see:

CB:
Jimmy Williams*
Tye Hill*
Anotonio Cromartie
Ashton Youbouty
Jason Allen*

S:
Darnell Bing
Michael Huff*
Donte Whitner*
Ko Simpson
BOLD= Mel Kippers top 40 board
*=Projected 1st rounder

My top choice at corner with the 16th pick would be Jimmy Williams but I don't think he'll be around. Next would defintly be Tye Hill. Both those guys could be gone however. I think saftey is really our bigger need at this point as we really don't have a true starting safety.

The best saftey is no doubt Michael Huff, but it's extremly unlikely that he slips out of the top 12. This leaves Donte Whitner and Darnell Bing. Bing has kind of flown under the radar lately but I still think he is a tremendous talent and plays a lot like Huff. He would be a steal if he made it all the way through to the 3rd round. I still see us jumping all ove Whitner in that first round. He is a big play guy who can lineup at both corner and safety. We need that big play guy in our secondary because lets face it, we don't have one.

I know a lot of you are all for drafting a WR in that first round but I really think it'd be a mistake to fill depth when we can plug one of these guys right into a starting role.

As for other posistions, it is being reported that OT Winston Justice has really improved his stock and could move all the way up to 11 to Arizona. I think he would also be a great pick with a fast first step and good size.
If we don't land our QB in Free Agency, you could see us going with Omar Jacobs, Charlie Whitehurst or maybe if Brodie Croyle falls to the 4th round. I still would like to see us continue to build a younger defense and go with possibly Chad Greenway at OLB with that first pick too.

My mock:
1. Donte Whitner
2. To Vikings for Daunte Culpepper
3. Derek Hagan (He had a terrible Senior bowl and is said to have terrible hands but I watched this guy tear up the Pac 10 all year!)
4. Best OLB available
5. Charlie Whitehurst

What do you guys think about all my input?

great post

I think this is why we are looking to get a 3rd first day pick

if we can trade down, we could still get a nice DB and fill another need

I apologize mods. I thoguht that if it had to do with who the Dolphins might select then it could go in the main forum. I think it should be allowed to stay so we can discuss who the Fins might take in that draft. But yeah, I'll take note and it won't happen again.

take care, you could accidently bump out a "what Lavar had for breakfast" thread

Tye Hill Got Skills Lol He Looks Small But He Can Fly

When He Starts Jumpin In Front Of Passes Ppl Gonna Go Like We Missed The Best Cb In The Draft Hill's The Deal

I see most of you guys are liking Hill which I would be totally happy with. But if some how Michale Huff falls to us, we MUST draft him. If not I look for Williams, Hill, or Whitner.
Williams is a big strong and still fast kid. He can come up and make tackles. We have a guy like that already in Will Allen so 2 players of that caliber would be very nice.
Like you all said Tye Hill is a speedy cover, big play guy. I would love having him in the secondary as well.
The thing I like about Whitner, he kind of brings both of those attributes to the table that Hill and Williams posses so I'd love him to be a Fin.

Any of these 4 guys are great choices and I'd be thrilled to have any of them.

Aqua4Ever04 said:
As I search through Mel Kiper's draft board and the player lists on ESPN.com, I realize just how many stud DB's there are in this draft and WE MUST ACT on one of them in that first round.

You pretty much totally contradicted yourself right off the bat. If the draft is so deep with so many stud players at one position than surely one of them will be available later, meaning you go BPA in the 1st.

Motion said:
You pretty much totally contradicted yourself right off the bat. If the draft is so deep with so many stud players at one position than surely one of them will be available later, meaning you go BPA in the 1st.

No because they are all first and 2nd round talent. We'd be lucky if one of those guys fell to us at the 3rd round. Huff, Whitner, Wiliams, Hill, Youbouty will all be 1st or 2nd round guys.

Aqua4Ever04 said:
No because they are all first and 2nd round talent. We'd be lucky if one of those guys fell to us at the 3rd round. Huff, Whitner, Wiliams, Hill, Youbouty will all be 1st or 2nd round guys.

Maybe, but "loaded with DB talent" obviously means more than 5 guys.

What about:
Cromartie
Watkins
Simpson
Joseph
Allen
Marshall
Jennings
Manning
Bullocks
Harper
Bing

Aqua4Ever04 said:
[mod] keep draft threads in the draft forum [/mod]

As I search through Mel Kiper's draft board and the player lists on ESPN.com, I realize just how many stud DB's there are in this draft and WE MUST ACT on one of them in that first round. At this point, it is still our biggest need and I think it'd be foolish to not take one of them. Here are the options I see:

CB:
Jimmy Williams*
Tye Hill*
Anotonio Cromartie
Ashton Youbouty
Jason Allen*

S:
Darnell Bing
Michael Huff*
Donte Whitner*
BOLD= Mel Kippers top 40 board
*=Projected 1st rounder

My top choice at corner with the 16th pick would be Jimmy Williams but I don't think he'll be around. Next would defintly be Tye Hill. Both those guys could be gone however. I think saftey is really our bigger need at this point as we really don't have a true starting safety.

The best saftey is no doubt Michael Huff, but it's extremly unlikely that he slips out of the top 12. This leaves Donte Whitner and Darnell Bing. Bing has kind of flown under the radar lately but I still think he is a tremendous talent and plays a lot like Huff. He would be a steal if he made it all the way through to the 3rd round. I still see us jumping all ove Whitner in that first round. He is a big play guy who can lineup at both corner and safety. We need that big play guy in our secondary because lets face it, we don't have one.

I know a lot of you are all for drafting a WR in that first round but I really think it'd be a mistake to fill depth when we can plug one of these guys right into a starting role.

As for other posistions, it is being reported that OT Winston Justice has really improved his stock and could move all the way up to 11 to Arizona. I think he would also be a great pick with a fast first step and good size.
If we don't land our QB in Free Agency, you could see us going with Omar Jacobs, Charlie Whitehurst or maybe if Brodie Croyle falls to the 4th round. I still would like to see us continue to build a younger defense and go with possibly Chad Greenway at OLB with that first pick too.

My mock:
1. Donte Whitner
2. To Vikings for Daunte Culpepper
3. Derek Hagan (He had a terrible Senior bowl and is said to have terrible hands but I watched this guy tear up the Pac 10 all year!)
4. Best OLB available
5. Charlie Whitehurst

What do you guys think about all my input?

Dude we don't have 5th round

I still don't understand why everyone is so enamoured with Bing. Is it because he is one of the only name players on a piss poor USC defense?

Bing should not even be looked at until the 2nd.

PhinsPhan said:
I still don't understand why everyone is so enamoured with Bing. Is it because he is one of the only name players on a piss poor USC defense?

Bing should not even be looked at until the 2nd.

I couldn't agree more. I'm not high on him at all, never was. Only reason I listed him is because he's looked at as a day 1 prospect.

Motion said:
Maybe, but "loaded with DB talent" obviously means more than 5 guys.

What about:
Cromartie
Watkins
Simpson
Joseph
Allen
Marshall
Jennings
Manning
Bullocks
Harper
Bing

Maybe you should actully read the post dude! I do have Cromartie, Allen, Bing, and Simpson.
I didn't feel like putting in 3rd and 4th round guys either. I was trying to make a statement that the 1st and 2nd rounds could see as many as 10 guys.

READ BEFORE YOU POST!

EDIT: Oh and can you not count? I have 9 guys not 5. 1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9. That's how you get to 9.

Back
Top Bottom