2007 no salary cap? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2007 no salary cap?

arsenal

Beastin'
Reaction score
i was looking aroud the net and saw this... http://www.askthecommish.com/salarycap/faq.asp

How is the NFL Salary Cap determined? Answer:The Cap is determined through a complicated calculation system. The Cap is based on income that the teams earn during a League Year. A percentage of that income, termed Defined Gross Revenues (DGR), is allocated for player expenditures. The DGR is based on ticket sales, merchandise sales, and broadcasts. The DGR is divided equally amongst all 32 teams.

For all of you nerds out there, here is the actual mathematical calculation:

Projected DGR x CBA Percentage = Players Share DGR

Players Share minus Projected League wide Benefits =
Amount Available for Player Salaries

Amount Available for Player Salaries / Number of Teams =
Unadjusted Salary Cap per Team

The CBA Percentages were agreed upon in the 1998 and 2001 extension to the CBA are as follows:
1998-2001 63%​
2002 64%​
2003 64.25%​
2004 64.75%​
2005 65.5%​
2006 64.5%​
2007 Uncapped Year​

NOTE: Minimum Team Salary (MTS) is 56% for the remainder of the CBA. If a team does not allocate at least 56%, then the players on the team roster for that year will be directly paid the shortage.
so is this actual uncapped year going to happen? i see its at the end of tihs CBA so will it just be renegotiated probably next year and never actually happen?

because if it is couldn't we in essense backload contracts to give our players the most money that year in 2007 and lesser amounts in these upcoming 2 years... i think that would be a great thing... if we wanna pay Mcmike 5 years 30 mil... wed go
2005: 2 mil
2006: 5 mil
2007: 12 mil
2008: 5 mil
2009: 6 mil

or something, is this something retarded or is this a possibility?

During uncapped yrs, salary can only increase by 30% ("30% rule")

I doubt that it will get to that anyhoo......I'm sure an extension will be worked out

lol@yeah im dumb, if i only would have read a liiiiittle bit more before hastily rushing this thread...

Note: This particular example is for illustration purposes only. It actually violates the league's "30% Rule". The "30% Rule" governs veteran contracts that are entered into in a capped year and extend into the final year of the CBA. The rule states that these contracts cannot have an annual increase of more than 30% of the salary, excluding amounts treated as a signing bonus, provided for in the FINAL CAPPED YEAR. 2007 is the final capped year unless the NFL and the NFLPA agree to an extension of the CBA.

The CBA(collective bargining agreement) expires after 2006 season. so 2007 is not really uncapped terms just need worked out for after 2006. i highly doubt it would stay uncapped.

if it does then miami makes more than a lot of other teams so would be able to outbid most the league.

Back
Top Bottom