***2008 Eastern Conference Playoff Thread*** | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

***2008 Eastern Conference Playoff Thread***

Straztheman

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
I saw a West playoff thread wa started, and didn't see an East, so I started one.

Round 1 matchups:

(1) Celtics vs. (8) Hawks
(2) Pistons vs. (7) 76ers
(3) Magic vs. (6) Raptors
(4) Cavs vs. Wizards.

My predictions-

Celtics, Pistons, Magic, and Cavs all advancing into round two.

What do you guys think?

well lebron looks like he wont be hindered by his back... looked great tonight... i had thought the Wizards would take it, but its gonna be a toss up now... i'll still take the wizards in 7....

ima pick the sixers in 6 because im biased, and because i would never say in 7 cause no way they would win a game 7 at the palace....

i'll say Toronto over the Magic in 6... people sleeping on the Raptors... i think they will surprise...

Boston over Hawks in 5... Celtics are beasting on everyone

well lebron looks like he wont be hindered by his back... looked great tonight... i had thought the Wizards would take it, but its gonna be a toss up now... i'll still take the wizards in 7....

ima pick the sixers in 6 because im biased, and because i would never say in 7 cause no way they would win a game 7 at the palace....

i'll say Toronto over the Magic in 6... people sleeping on the Raptors... i think they will surprise...

Boston over Hawks in 5... Celtics are beasting on everyone

LeBorn looked very good today against the Wizards, but the Wizards could have easily won that game. Jamison missed a couple of shots down the strectch along with the rest of the Wizards team.

I just can't see a vetern team in Detriot losing in the first round to the 76ers

Toronto and the Magic was kind of a toss up for me, but i think Howard will have a big series.

I agree with you in that, Boston will win their series convinsingly.

Until Boston-Detroit in the finals, who cares about the rest of the east. The 76ers aren't going to beat the Pistons, especially with the way they have been playing in the last 10 games.

I think all the series' are gonna be interesting, maybe not long, but interesting.

I fully expect Boston to beat Atlanta, but Joe Johnson and Mike Bibby are proven playoff players, if the Hawks can keep the games close, those 2 by themselves will make the series interesting. Plus, Josh Smith is probably the best all around defender in the league (nice call ESPN calling him the most likely to bust in his class).

Philly gave Detroit problems in the regular season, and they actually match up really well. You cannot give Andre Miller enough credit for what he's done for the 6ers. I would be shocked if the series goes less than 6 games, but Bthe 6ers don't have much playoff experience.

Hard to predict Orlando/Toronto. Dwight Howard will dominate. Coangelo has done a great job turning around the mess Rob Bab**** created, but the Raps have no toughness. THe one thing however, is the Raps are deadly from behind the arc, and Calderon/Ford are gonna have their way with Nelson/Arroyo. I think Orlando wins, but it's an interesting matchup.

Cavs/Wiz... what can you say? Thing to remember about the Cavs when they struggled after the trade is that Gibson,Varajao,Pavlovic,Big Z and Wally all missed time. Plus, they gave up a lot of their core players to make the trade, and the new team really hasn't played together.

I hope that classless, dirty, piece of garbage Wizards team lose 4-1 in the first round of the playoffs. Maybe next time they will learn to shut their mouths.

When Joe Johnson's hand gets hot, he won't stop scoring; just watching him shoot late in the 3rd, I had a feeling he would turn it on at the 4th quarter and Atlanta would pull out with a win.

the east kinda seems more interesting then the west at this point...i mean think about it..
pistons and boston are tied 2-2...wizards just wont shut their mouths...and the west are just about over..all game left are 3-1...

the east kinda seems more interesting then the west at this point...i mean think about it..
pistons and boston are tied 2-2...wizards just wont shut their mouths...and the west are just about over..all game left are 3-1...

I think in the West people thought San Antonio would elevate their game like they always do in the playoffs. The Lakers over the Nuggets was a given but I think most of all the better teams in the West have raised the level of their play. While in the East the teams are playing down to the competition.

Kobe said before the playoffs that he thinks that the high level of play in the West all year and in the playoffs will help teams because they've gotta consistently play well. Right now I think that's why San Antonio, New Orleans, and Utah are on the brink of finishing series.

Back
Top Bottom