2009-2010 Miami Heat Thread: Race to the Finish | Page 20 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2009-2010 Miami Heat Thread: Race to the Finish

And I'll agree with d-day that D-Wade isn't on the same par with LeBron and Kobe.

He's good, and he certainly does alot of good things, but he doesn't elevate the play of those around him a whole lot, such as what you saw Kobe doing post-Shaq, where he took a fairly mediocre team on his back to the playoffs, or LeBron taking an average Cavs team on his back in 2006-07 to the Finals.

He's not terrible, but he's not brilliantly-great-godlike status either.

Anybody who says Wade isn't on Kobe and Lebron's level is f'ing retarded.

Anybody who says Wade doesn't take over games like them needs to get killed.

Granted, Wade hasn't been spectacular this year at putting the team on his back but then, there is literally no help. Opposing teams throw everything at him to end games and our ignorant coach continues to dial up the same old tired Wade Isos.

For his career though, Wade has been one of the best players in the NBA in 4th quarters and OT.

but he doesn't elevate the play of those around him a whole lot, such as what you saw Kobe doing post-Shaq, where he took a fairly mediocre team on his back to the playoffs.

It's called last season, where he was the real MVP. That team wasn't mediocre, it was bad. This season it's the same exact team with Q.Richardson.

Lebron was pretty bad much of that playoff run where they got swept by the Spurs, they actually got there playing really good team defense, not because Lebron carried them there. Of course, he was still their most effective offensive player. But Wade dominated the 2006 playoffs far more if we're talking about individual performance.

Maybe you should actually watch basketball.

Anybody who says Wade isn't on Kobe and Lebron's level is f'ing retarded.

Anybody who says Wade doesn't take over games like them needs to get killed.

Granted, Wade hasn't been spectacular this year at putting the team on his back but then, there is literally no help. Opposing teams throw everything at him to end games and our ignorant coach continues to dial up the same old tired Wade Isos.

For his career though, Wade has been one of the best players in the NBA in 4th quarters and OT.

Wade is hardly clutch or automatic, kud. Although he is all that you say, it's also true what i say. And i would bet all my extra chromosomes that if your life depended on one of those 3 players making the game winning last second shot, that even you would pick kobe not dwade. I may be retarded but i aint dead!

Last edited by a moderator:
Wade is hardly clutch or automatic, kud. Although he is all that you say, it's also true what i say. And i would bet all my extra chromosomes that if your life depended on one of those 3 players making the game winning last second shot, that even you would pick kobe or dwade. I may be retarded but i aint dead!

Maybe, but clutchness isn't all about game winning shots. I think it's overall body of work in the 4th quarter, and the ability to lead a team back.

What happened to Wade against the Cavs was an anomaly. I think he had a major adrenaline dump trying to go shot for shot with Lebron in the 2nd quarter and when he came back out he just wasn't the same. He made a mistake getting caught up in that, especially in such an early stage in the game.

I should hope you guys were just venting, otherwise you all have a really short memory for what Wade has done for this team on MANY many occasions in crunch time, including the playoffs, AND, the NBA Finals.

Also, I believe I was looking at a stat not too long again that says Wade is actually more efficient than Kobe Bryant on game winning shots since he has came into the league.

I think Wade is just as good as them guys, maybe I'm just a Heat/Wade fan boy, but I think I've watched enough of all 3 players to determine for myself that there is no significant gap between what they can do. They are all special players.

edit: I would say Kobe is the best pure shooter of the 3 by a good margin so you are right, one shot for my life, I'd probably go with Kobe.

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe you should actually watch basketball.

Maybe you should take off the black and red tinted glasses once in awhile.
clear.gif

I never said he's a terrible player, just that he's not as good as Kobe or LeBron. He's definitely my top player in Heat history, but I don't think he's the GOAT in the NBA.

Maybe you should take off the black and red tinted glasses once in awhile.
clear.gif

I never said he's a terrible player, just that he's not as good as Kobe or LeBron. He's definitely my top player in Heat history, but I don't think he's the GOAT in the NBA.

My comment was in reference to your reasoning behind that opinion, meaning, what the hell are you talking about with comments like...

Wade doesn't elevate the play of his teammates? I wasn't even sure if that was serious at first glance.

So you don't think Wade's impressive passing ability, especially when it comes to drive and kicking, and the attention he commands greatly helps teammates, especially shooters? Well, you don't have to think it. Because if you've been watching the Heat for more than a year or two you'd have seen this on a pretty regular basis.

The fact of the matter is, the Heat can't seem to buy a guy who can stroke the ball. Look at the freaking roster dude. Our arguably best 3 point shooter is Quentin Richardson, or maybe Daequan Cook who sucks so bad he doesn't even see the floor? That's sad.

You see, you give Dwyane a shooter like Kapono, who shot 51% from 3 for a season with Miami, which is unheard of, or James Posey, who coincidentally shot 40% from 3 with Wade(best in his career) you get results.

The problem is, Wade just isn't being surrounded with the type of players that would best compliment his skill set. You haven't seen many good shooters in Miami since Wade has been here. But still, he remains one of the best players in the league.

Wade needs three things, a big man to gobble up rebounds and plays pretty good defense (don't really need a scoring C at all) a pair of good shooters and another player (#2 option) who can create opportunities for themselves(That's Beasley) and he will win championships, and probably be the undisputed best player in the NBA.

Wade is hardly clutch or automatic, kud. Although he is all that you say, it's also true what i say. And i would bet all my extra chromosomes that if your life depended on one of those 3 players making the game winning last second shot, that even you would pick kobe not dwade. I may be retarded but i aint dead!

"Clutch" stats: definition being [SIZE=-1]4th quarter or overtime, less than 5 minutes left, neither team ahead by more than 5 points.

per 48 min:
Kobe: .457 fg%, 8.4 rb, 5.7 ast, 3 to, 0 blk, 1 stl
Wade: .470 fg%, 5.4 rb, 9.4 ast, 4.2 to, 4.9 blk, 3 stl
[/SIZE]

This is bull****, the Heat get a technical for a fan having a whistle in the crowd. Someone in the Bucks crowd is blowing some boat horn every time the Heat take a shot.

Cook outplayed Wade......

When that happens you know you're in for a long night. Wade is playing hurt.

Only 4 Heat players have made baskets tonight at the half. Hey I know, lets blame Wade.

-3 starters have scored 0 points.

This team sucks so bad.

Anyone watching Heat @ Celtics? Notice all these wide open looks our team is getting and they can't hit anything? These guys that are supposed to be professional basketball players? Is that Wade's fault?

This team has no depth. The second unit scoring options consist of off balance threes jacked up by Cook, Wright trying to imitate Wade, and Beasley or whoever the backup PG is that day taking their man off the dribble.

The thing is that they could get away with these scoring droughts and bad shooting performances earlier in the year when they were playing better defense. I can accept that the Heat are going to have a tough time matching up with a team like the Celtics. They simply can't handle the size and depth of that frontline. Its tougher to watch them getting blown out by the likes of Milwaukee and Oklahoma City.

Still a good game. These are the only Heat games I'll watch anymore since at the very least you know Wade is going to show up for a team like the Celtics. Tomorrow @Cleveland should be a good one as well if our aged O'Neal can make it back to back.

Back
Top Bottom