2009 Mock Drafts | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2009 Mock Drafts

ssnjamerson

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
#25--Darius Butler--If Vonte Davis is here he is def the pick but Im sure he doesnt last this long. Butler has footabll in his blood. He has the ability to be a great shutdown CB for the Dolphins for years. He has great ball skills, fluid hips, great instincts and awareness, and most importantly he recovers quickly. He would help solidify this secondary and make it competitive.

#44 Max Unger--I am taking him this early because I really believe we need a Center. Unger can play 4 positions on the line and BP loves versatile players. I still do not like the Grove signing. He played in only 54 games in 5 years. Starting only 46 of them. The guy is injury prone and so is Smiley. I like having a really talented Center/Guard/Tackle on the depth chart if and when Grove or Smiley goes down. And Believe me Smiley will for sure.

#56 -Clint Sintim--I like his ability to rush the passer. BP has his Virginia ties and he already has the 3-4 experience. WIll play well beside Porter and will give us the sackes we have been missing. When the 2nd leader in sacks on your team has 5 thats a bad thing. Sintim fills a void and is great value this late.

#87 Cody Brown--Good LB/DE hybrid for BP. He has good size and ability. With his 9 sacks in 08 it shows he can rush the passer. He is alot of upside and would help our LB core. With Crowder,Sintim, Porter,Brown we could have a potent group of LB.

#108 Sammie Lee HIll--Dt from Stillman has proto size for a 3-4 nose. He is 6'4" 329lbs and runs a 5.10 -40. He can collapse a pocket and he can stuff the run. I think he could be a great player after Fergie shows him the ropes. You cant coach size.

#161 Coye Francis- He has a red flag for trouble but he has all the tools to be a great CB in the league. He times slow in the 40 but everyone did. He has loose hips and recovers well, great hands, willing tackler and great in run support. If not fot his trouble he would be a 2-3 round pick. He is too talented to pass on.

#181 Darcel McBath-Kind of like the Unger pick. With Bell being injury prone I would like to have an able safety to come in and play in Bell goes down. He is also great value this late in the draft.

#214 Marko Mitchell--With his big frame 6'4" 218lbs and great speed 4.46 he could be the guy we were looking for when we signed Wilford last year. He is a big play threat and has great hands. He could give Ginn and Bess room to work. He can get up and get the jump ball and is a good red zone threat.

#237-Lydon Murtha -- Only O lineman to run a sub 5 40 yard dash. Thats should show you how athletic he is. He would provide us with good depth on the OLine.

My 2nd mock would be as follows

#25 Vonte Davis/Darius Butler
#44 DJ Moore
#56 Clint Sintim
#87 Herman Johnson
#108 Ramses Barden
#161 Scott McKillop
#181 Darcel McBath
#214 Khalif Mitchell
#219 Alex Boone

Looks good.

#25 WR Hakeem Nicks