2009 NFL Draft Order - Post Super Bowl | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2009 NFL Draft Order - Post Super Bowl

I think our priorities definitely have to be to pick up a LB (Rey M., Cushing, Matthews all of USC, Laurinatis of Ohio State), or a quality D-back or two. I didn't think we would have a shot at sniffing the playoffs this year....we still have a shot, but I think 2009 will be our year.

It's hard to believe that "2009 will be our year". This is a team still in transition mode and lacking premium talent. Free agency and the draft will help, but look at next year's schedule. Instead of the weak NFC West, we will face Indy, NO, Tennessee, Jacksonville, Tampa Bay, Atlanta, and Carolina. Combine that with the return of Brady and Favre getting more and more comfortable in NY, and we'll be lucky to have as good a year next year. I'm not trying to be pessimistic, I just think we should keep our focus on the future and not build a false confidence. Just look at what happened to the Browns this year after an easy schedule last year.

It's hard to believe that "2009 will be our year". This is a team still in transition mode and lacking premium talent. Free agency and the draft will help, but look at next year's schedule. Instead of the weak NFC West, we will face Indy, NO, Tennessee, Jacksonville, Tampa Bay, Atlanta, and Carolina. Combine that with the return of Brady and Favre getting more and more comfortable in NY, and we'll be lucky to have as good a year next year. I'm not trying to be pessimistic, I just think we should keep our focus on the future and not build a false confidence. Just look at what happened to the Browns this year after an easy schedule last year.

It's not like we're not going to be a hell of alot better next year ourselves. Indy is nothing to be scared of any more, Jacksonville is average, TB is good but might not have a QB next year maybe a rookie, Atlanta is good and getting better, NO can't play defense, Tennessee is playing over their heads, Caralina is solid across the board, Brady may never be the same again and Farve is one step closer to the retirement home. Only Atlanta has improved as much as we have and there's no reason to think we won't improve a tonne more next year.

Great point
It's not that the FINs are over achieving

But our schedule is weak
I'm a lifelong Fins fan....We're beating team we are better than
SD,DEN,Seattle all has taking a step back -will maybe not DEN.

but we also have a chance to go 4-2 in our Division
and
next year the Fin are way under the Cap.
Have faith:up:

Updated Post Week 17. You will notice that picks 16-32 have two red stars beside each team's name. That is because those final 17 slots will be affected by the results of the playoffs.

Some things to know about those final 17 slots:

1. A non-playoff team with the same record as a playoff team will pick first regardless of what their SOS is. For example, you will notice that despite have a higher SOS then Atlanta and Miami, New England will have the first pick since they are not going to the playoffs.

2. The reason why non-playoff teams like the 9-7 Jets, Bears, Buccaneers, Cowboys and Cardinals are not set in stone is because of the 8-8 Chargers. If the Chargers would advance to the Super Bowl, all those teams would move up one slot.

Now that the wildcard weekend is over and Miami Lost.

What will happen? I read you summary of, who gets what spot where, but it is not clear on one point.

Since Miami lost with a record of 11-5 and strength of schedule of .0461.

When you compare that to The Cardinals, there record was 9-7 with a strength of schedule of .0486.

Will they still pick ahead of Miami? They won their palyoff game and Miami did not. That doesn't seems fair. What if the make it to the conference championship game and lose? Will they still pick ahead of Miami? No way is that fair.

Also in your pdf you have the Patsie ahead of mimi in the draft. They have a stronger strength o schedule. Yet they will pick ahead of Miami. lol that really sucks,

I vote we give them the last pick in the draft every year lol.

Now that the wildcard weekend is over and Miami Lost.

What will happen? I read you summary of, who gets what spot where, but it is not clear on one point.

Since Miami lost with a record of 11-5 and strength of schedule of .0461.

When you compare that to The Cardinals, there record was 9-7 with a strength of schedule of .0486.

Will they still pick ahead of Miami? They won their palyoff game and Miami did not. That doesn't seems fair. What if the make it to the conference championship game and lose? Will they still pick ahead of Miami? No way is that fair.

Also in your pdf you have the Patsie ahead of mimi in the draft. They have a stronger strength o schedule. Yet they will pick ahead of Miami. lol that really sucks,

I vote we give them the last pick in the draft every year lol.
The Cardinals(9-7), Chargers(8-8) and Eagles(9-6-1) will pick ahead of Miami unless they earn a trip to the Super Bowl. For picks 1-30, it is based soley on record. So even though Miami was knocked out in round 1, those playoff teams with worse records still will pick first. Miami picks AFTER New England picks because Miami was a playoff team and New England wasn't. Teams with the same record in the playoffs will have their slot determined by which round they lose in. Miami and Atlanta will pick ahead of Baltimore regardless of SOS because they lost in round 1, while Baltimore is still in it.

Best thing for Miami would be a San Diego against either the Cardinals or Eagles in the Super Bowl. That could move Miami up two spots.

Updated Post Championship Weekend. The entire first round is now set with the exception of picks 31 and 32. The winner of the Super Bowl will pick 32nd and the loser will pick 31st.

Also, the Dolphins have their first four picks locked in at certain slots. Those are:

1st round - 25
2nd round - 44
2nd round - 56
3rd round - 87

Picks in rounds 4-7 will not be officially set until the league awards compensatory picks. Those picks are added to the ends of rounds 3-7. There will be a maximum of 32 compensatory picks. Don't expect Miami to get any though.

#10- MYRON ROLLE S FSU
#42- BRANDON PETTIGREW TE OSU or BRANDON SPIKES ILB
#55- HERMAN JOHNSON G LSU or GENO ATKINS DT
#74- CARLTON MITCHELL WR USF
#107 TONY CARTER DB FSU
#139 ANTONIO DIXON DT UM

I'm not a hundred percent sure but isn't Rolle studying at Oxford next year? If that is the case this pick won't happen

I have just updated the order post Super Bowl. The first round is now entirely set and the only change from the past order is that Arizona now officially selects #31 and Pittsburgh now officially selects #32.

Back
Top Bottom