2009 NFL Draft Top 20 Contest | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2009 NFL Draft Top 20 Contest

Bunch of us have 2 picks.....I dont know if anyone got 3, Ill check
Damn, I always knew I shouldve included Nalbone from Monmouth!!! (whoooo??)

I did not copy & post mine from the other site that CK post on...

I got 4 so far...(V. Davis, Pat White, Sean Smith & Patrick Tuner)

It has been a great draft weekend for me...been loving the picks.

Miami upgraded several key positions that will allow our gameplans to be even better. We needed to stop the spread attack badly and Miami made some very good picks for the secondary.

Pat White is not gonna be a WR...he will compete with Henne after Chad P leaves. But he will run our Wildcat offense as QB this season. The question on him for this season is... Do they make him #2 on depth or list him as a WR/#3 QB?

Turner will end up being our #2 by the start of season 2. I liked him a lot better than Nicks... ;)

I only got 5 right on my 1st round mock draft...:lol:

Miami upgraded several key positions that will allow our gameplans to be even better. We needed to stop the spread attack badly and Miami made some very good picks for the secondary.

Pat White is not gonna be a WR...he will compete with Henne after Chad P leaves. But he will run our Wildcat offense as QB this season. The question on him for this season is... Do they make him #2 on depth or list him as a WR/#3 QB?

Turner will end up being our #2 by the start of season 2. I liked him a lot better than Nicks... ;)

nice job! I am glad you did not post your list here :lol:

Looks like Slainte hit 3. Davis, Smith, & White. (page 3)

Folks with 3 Hits (Prospects Hit) - Possible UDFA Hits Remaining

Slainte (Vontae Davis, Pat White, Sean Smith) - Frantz Joseph, Dudley Guice, Brock Bolen, Rob Haynes

FishyPete (Vontae Davis, Pat White, Sean Smith) - none

RealDriscoll (Vontae Davis, Pat White, Sean Smith) - Frantz Joseph, Dudley Guice

Folks with 2 Hits (Prospects Hit) - Possible UDFA Hits Remaining

ckparrothead (Sean Smith, John Nalbone) - Brock Bolen, Willie Williams, Josh Vaughan, Darius Dale, Diyral Briggs

ADavieDolphin (Sean Smith, Chris Clemons) - Frantz Joseph, Dudley Guice, Chris Baker

ghost of marino (Sean Smith, John Nalbone) - Frantz Joseph, Dudley Guice, Willie Williams

Hoot {MWB} (Pat White, Sean Smith) - Nate Swift, Marlon Lucky

Kdawg954 (Vontae Davis, Sean Smith) - Frantz Joseph, Dudley Guice, Antonio Dixon

NRA (Pat White, Sean Smith) - Khalif Mitchell, Mitch King

ciscoholgate (Vontae Davis, Pat White) - Alex Boone, Jason Watkins, Nader Abdallah

uk_Duper85 (Vontae Davis, Sean Smith) - Antonio Appleby

Not Quite Mathematically Eliminated - Possible UDFA Hits Remaining

difabiouno (John Nalbone) - Dudley Guice, Brock Bolen, Pierre Walters, KJ Gerard, Brennan Marion

MoFinz (Sean Smith) - Jared Bronson, Tyler Roehl, Otis Wiley, Dominique Johnson

RoninFin4 (Sean Smith) - Frantz Joseph, Dudley Guice, Taurus Johnson, Cyrus Mulitalo, Dane Randolph

CJGoCanes (Sean Smith) - Darius Dale, Roger Allen

It's intriguing because some folks are mathematically eliminated from winning but not eliminated from tying. I could wish I was sitting pretty with 3 correct picks but I do have 5 possible UDFA hits left and I'm crossing my fingers.

Update: Frantz Joseph (Raiders), Dudley Guice (Titans), Brock Bolen (Jaguars), Willie Williams (Ravens), Nate Swift (Broncos), Marlon Lucky (Bengals), Mitch King (Titans), Alex Boone (49ers), Jason Watkins (Texans), Pierre Walters (Chiefs), Roger Allen (Rams), Otis Wiley (Giants), Tyler Roehl (Seahawks), Dominique Johnson (Broncos), Antonio Appleby (Patriots), Chris Baker (Broncos) and Taurus Johnson (Chiefs) are supposedly settled on teams other than the Dolphins.

The only UDFA remaining that could break the tie amongst contestants that have 3 picks would be Rob Haynes.

On the other hand, it looks like MoFinz will be awarded a UDFA because Jared Bronson is supposedly onto the Dolphins as a UDFA.

Awaiting word on: Rob Haynes, Josh Vaughan, Darius Dale, Diyral Briggs, Antonio Dixon, Khalif Mitchell, Nader Abdallah, KJ Gerard, Brennan Marion, Cyrus Mulitalo and Dane Randolph.

Last edited by a moderator:

What name did you post it under?

so lame i made a top 25 at first, then reduced it to 20..

I crossed out Turner, and Vontae. I could be in the lead as the only one to call Clemons, even though it was mostly luck i knew we'd draft a backup FS to compete with Kilmer, i didn't think Culver would be replaced..

Wow, i could have owned... especially with Frantz comming to SoFLA, and might as well give Guice another try, i love that name, and wish him the best..

Miami are onto...

TE Jared Bronson, Central Washington
OG Mark Lewis, Oregon
DE Ryan Baker, Purdue
LB Orion Martin, Virginia Tech

I really didnt think Vontae Davis would fall into our laps......this was fun though. Damn the Browns for trading down 4000 times and actually making the draft interesting

This is going to be close. The people with 2 picks right still have some possibilities to get up to 3 or maybe 4. There's only one guy with 3 picks right that still has a live UDFA possibility and I doubt Miami gets him.

So, we have a three-way tie for first place so far between Slainte, Fishypete and Real Driscoll.

However, only TWO people have the ability to reach that magic number of 4 prospects. Those people are Slainte, and myself ckparrothead. I technically have the ability to get 5 prospects correct.

What name did you post it under?

"New Era"

It's on the other site, I did not see this thread until it was to late. I was just lazy... It's all good, I just love the draft that Miami had!!!

Kinda sucks to read so many Fin fans down in the dumps about the draft... I really think that the first 4 players picked will make an impact this season.

But hopefully they will be changing their minds from their play this season. If not, it could be a long season for some boards...lol.

I took Vontae Davis, Sean Smith and Patrick Turner off my intial list that included 30 players. It all depended on how the draft fell and nobody ever gets that completely right. Good job on all those that chose Nabone.

Even though I didn't win, it was fun playing and watching. Thanks go to CK for organizing and updating

Back
Top Bottom