2011 NFL Draft | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2011 NFL Draft

ronnieb_23

Rookie
Reaction score
I am going to leave QB out of this draft because I feel like Henne should get a chance with an OC that will utilize his arm correctly. I see his strengths as hitting the mid-deep routes and his accuracy struggles when he has to make a quick easy throw. Henning rarely tests the secondary so the defensive intermediate routes are stacked which leaves Henne VERY LITTLE ROOM FOR ERROR. Bring in an OC that would open up the offense.

First, we obviously haven't been running the ball like we should and this is because the lineman we've swopped for are better pass protecters than run blockers. With our style of play (establish the run) why did we get rid of those guys? I think we need a G/C for our first pick so draft the kid from Penn State. (I hope we can trade back to get a 2nd round pick and still get him) Weather he starts or not it will add nice depth to our line and will benefit Henne.

Now assuming we do trade back and pick up a second I see us going RB/WR here. We need to find that guy that can either be the vertical threat opposite of Marshall or (assuming we resign one of our RBs) pick up a fast/quick RB to complement Ricky or Ronnie.

For the third round I hope we take best player available between CB, TE, the RB or WR we didn't take in round 2 or G/C for more Oline depth.

4th round ILB or OLB depth

5-7 NT depth, another OL, and another CB (Harris and Allen are old which leaves us with davis, smith, sapp, carrol with smith underachieving and carrol unproven)

I'm done with Henne.

I like Thigpen alright, but I don't have a ton of faith in him.

Unless the top-3 QB's are off the board by the time we draft, we should look at one of them.

Back
Top Bottom