2011 Question for Jets fans. Not trash talk. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2011 Question for Jets fans. Not trash talk.

HeartbreakKid28

Active Roster
Reaction score
Now that the 2011 off-season is here for every AFC East team, what is your team looking like for 2011 in terms of free agents and contracts and retirements? The only ones I really know about are Holmes and Edwards being up and the Jets probably signing one to a longer deal than 1 year, and the other going elsewhere. I also think JT will retire, but you never know.

They have a handful of big names to look at. Edwards, Holmes, Harris, Cromartie. Then second-tier guys like Brad Smith, Eric Smith, Wayne Hunter etc. At this point I really don't want them to bring Cromartie back. Unless he's willing to take less than $5 mill per (:lol:) it's not worth it to pay him with Revis already making as much as he is.

Edwards and Holmes preached all year about how much they love it here and want to remain Jets long term. We'll see how that holds up at the negotiation table. They'll be able to keep one but unless they each take a discount to stay here (again, :lol:) one will probably be gone. From all indications it's sounding like the team prefers Holmes, but then, the media has been known to get a detail or two wrong.

I expect Tony Richardson to retire, and based on how choked up JT was last night it looks like he knows the end is near as well.

The Jets need to bring Holmes, Edwards, and Harris back. I would like for Cro to come back as well but thats probably going to be hard to do.

The best thing IMO would be to resign those 3 and then sign some of the smaller role players like Dig, Eric Smtih, Turner, etc and then look towards the draft to replace Ellis and get a pass rusher.

I think the Jets can bring back 2 out of 3 with Holmes, Edwards, and Cromartie... We have a few players that will be cut and save money on... Vernon Gholston is gone, he redid his contract last year so its base pay to cut.. Damien Woody might be cut.. Kris Jenkins will be cut if he doesn't take a paycut. JT probably won't be back. Bryan Thomas may be cut. The Jets could restructure Sanchez contract, he is the biggest cap hit this year at 17 mil, I think he would do something if he can help them keep Holmes and Edwards.

David Harris I am not sure if I want back or not, hes pretty slow but is smart and plays hard. His coverage skills blow and we have another bad coverage guy in Scott so maybe we need a change, if he wants a lot then he can walk. He would need to take a reasonable contract.

JT is done. If I recall, the deal was 2 years with the second year being outrageously high. I don't believe they have re-signed Harris yet but they will and it will cost a fortune. I would assume that they will stick with Holmes over Edwards and try and fit Cromartie in but then the depth and mid tier playmakers is going to take a hit. They will be nowhere close to the talent level they had this season.

Harris is a big time priority. Out of the receivers I would prefer to keep Edwards

Jets need both Edwards and Holmes bad. I'd rather let Cro or David Harris go before them.

Now that the 2011 off-season is here for every AFC East team, what is your team looking like for 2011 in terms of free agents and contracts and retirements? The only ones I really know about are Holmes and Edwards being up and the Jets probably signing one to a longer deal than 1 year, and the other going elsewhere. I also think JT will retire, but you never know.

Taylor didn't do much for us so he will not be a big loss. I would expect 2 of these 3 back- Holmes, Edwards, Cromartie and I hope it's Holmes and Edwards. I expect we'll re-sign David Harris, I think Shaun Ellis might be gone. We'll see what happens but we are in good shape w/ a young core so we'll be contenders again no matter how it plays out.

Harris is a lock to be back

IMO two of the Holmes Edwards cromartie trio is back

Brad smith is prolly gone since someone will overpay thinking be is more then he really is

Tomlinson is gone McKnight will take that roll over with a veteran back mixed in at the third string spot

I don't see the Jets letting Cro go, not after giving up a 2nd rd pick for him. He'd also be the cheapest to keep out of the three.

Harris is going to be tough, unless he gives them a hometown discount. Otherwise, he'll get $8M + avg. Too many 3-4 teams out there that would love to have him in the middle.

I don't see the Jets letting Cro go, not after giving up a 2nd rd pick for him. He'd also be the cheapest to keep out of the three.

Harris is going to be tough, unless he gives them a hometown discount. Otherwise, he'll get $8M + avg. Too many 3-4 teams out there that would love to have him in the middle.

Harris is too important to our D to let go, I;d be shocked if we kept Cro and allowed Harris to leave.

From what i read 40% Jets starters are FA and there next year payroll is 99 MILLION. is this correct. There is no cap and i am really worried
as its only a number and can be worked on.

From what i read 40% Jets starters are FA and there next year payroll is 99 MILLION. is this correct. There is no cap and i am really worried
as its only a number and can be worked on.

I don't know the exact #s, I do know that we were mid of the pack in payroll this year and were well under where the cap would have been had there been one. Whatever #s you read don't include cap savings for cutting guys like Jenkins, Taylor, etc... We have a cap guru running ou team and the core of our team is locked up for the most part. We will be fine.

Back
Top Bottom