2012 Miami Draft--WOOOOAAAAHHHH!!!! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2012 Miami Draft--WOOOOAAAAHHHH!!!!

Asicswrg85

Active Roster
Reaction score
Man every week it gets more and more evident that we had a pretty darn good draft this year:

Ryan Tannehill-----MEGA STUD!!!!!

Jonathan Martin----Still Developing but doing an amazing job

Olivier Vernon----Started off slow but the last 2 weeks has turned IT ON. His upside looks amazing

Michael Egnew----Looks like a bust at first but Philbin claims he is improving every week

Lamar Miller----Still is very raw but when the ball is in his hands, he is dynamic. Another player I think with great upside

Rishard Mathews----Another guy who could potentially add to this team if developed correctly

I have to hand it to Ireland, I think he had a really good 2012 Draft. I am not the biggest Ireland supporter but what I have seen from Tannehill, Martin, Vernon, and Miller already is amazing and that is with only 6 games of development. Great draft from what we have seen so far!!!!

Dont forget kheeston randle. With playing time he should have some good input on this team.

Turning out pretty good so far. I would have preferred a WR instead of Martin, but at least he gives us all the cards in negotiations with Long next year, and we'll have access to better quality WRs in the draft then, so it works out. Not giving up on Egnew yet, but so far it's not looking good. Either way, it's a win because we finally found a QB. Everything else is just icing.

The thing A LOT of posters need to realize, the HC has some say in these draft picks. They are ORGANIZATIONAL. Its not all on the GM. Ireland has taken way too much heat IMHO. Most of the early busts and blunders I attribute to Parcells more than anyone. He was in total control no matter what he says. Pat White, passing on Matty Ice for a LT, all those moves REEK of Parcells.

A lot of the OL picks the last few years I think you have to take a "long" look at Tony Morono. You know he had his fingers on that blueprint once Parcells left. Why do you think Sparano was such a buddy of Parcells? They think alike. Just as great minds do, slow minds think alike as well.

So give Ireland a little bit of air around here. He had to deal with dumb and dumber having a lot of say in who was drafted around here for 4 years. Some of the cornfed picks were actually good players. Thats why we have a good foundation. But, Philbin will come in here and get the skill players he wants to go with his system. He will also adjust the OL and get players who he feels work best with his offense.(Martin. Watch him be the LT next year).

Ireland will of course have some influence. In fact, he will have final say. He is the GM. But, he hired Philbin for a reason and is going to work with him. If Philbin believes strongly in something, Ireland is going to give the man the nod. If Ireland wants to trade Vontae, he is going to consult with Philbin and let him know what he is thinking. In fact, Im sure Philbin had met with Ireland before hand and stated if there are good offers Im not going to mind if you sent him packing.

You guys need to GET REAL. Ireland will be fine. Philbin is the ****ing man. He will get the players he wants in here. They will work together. Everyone has input and there is cooperation. Our problem has been that in years 1 and 2, Mr Know it all overrated Tuna was at the controls and then he left Sparano and Ireland to run a big pile of **** he put together. After that, Sparano bewbed it all up.

Ireland deserves some blame for what went on, but not all of it. He also deserves a lot of credit for hiring Philbin and some shrewed moves that he did make like trading a bum like Vontae for a 2nd and 6th.

Marcus Thigpen is having a nice impact and Javorski Lane. Thats 2 undrafted free agents doing nicely.

Which Martin have you been watching? He has been marginal at best. Certainly not doing an amazing job. Egnew sucks and will likely never play a snap barring a string of injuries at TE.

Other than those two i agree with everything you said. Tannehill is doing all i could have asked of a first year guy with almost no talent around him at skill positions.

IM FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEE, they finally let me out the finheaven joint. I just want to say this cause I ain't ging back. AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

---------- Post added at 07:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:36 PM ----------

And I'm a genius for loving Ireland from day 1. BOW 2 MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!

Which Martin have you been watching? He has been marginal at best. Certainly not doing an amazing job. Egnew sucks and will likely never play a snap barring a string of injuries at TE.

Other than those two i agree with everything you said. Tannehill is doing all i could have asked of a first year guy with almost no talent around him at skill positions.

I think Philbin had a lot of input on the Martin pick. He felt quicker lineman with faster feet were better for his zone blocking plan. I think Martin is doing fine for a rookie that is learning a new side. Getting stronger next off season will help. As for Egnew, man if we could take that pick back and trade it for Chris Givens (WR WFU, now with the Rams) we would be so much better off now. That is who I wanted in round 3.

The thing A LOT of posters need to realize, the HC has some say in these draft picks. They are ORGANIZATIONAL. Its not all on the GM. Ireland has taken way too much heat IMHO. Most of the early busts and blunders I attribute to Parcells more than anyone. He was in total control no matter what he says. Pat White, passing on Matty Ice for a LT, all those moves REEK of Parcells.

A lot of the OL picks the last few years I think you have to take a "long" look at Tony Morono. You know he had his fingers on that blueprint once Parcells left. Why do you think Sparano was such a buddy of Parcells? They think alike. Just as great minds do, slow minds think alike as well.

So give Ireland a little bit of air around here. He had to deal with dumb and dumber having a lot of say in who was drafted around here for 4 years. Some of the cornfed picks were actually good players. Thats why we have a good foundation. But, Philbin will come in here and get the skill players he wants to go with his system. He will also adjust the OL and get players who he feels work best with his offense.(Martin. Watch him be the LT next year).

Ireland will of course have some influence. In fact, he will have final say. He is the GM. But, he hired Philbin for a reason and is going to work with him. If Philbin believes strongly in something, Ireland is going to give the man the nod. If Ireland wants to trade Vontae, he is going to consult with Philbin and let him know what he is thinking. In fact, Im sure Philbin had met with Ireland before hand and stated if there are good offers Im not going to mind if you sent him packing.

You guys need to GET REAL. Ireland will be fine. Philbin is the ****ing man. He will get the players he wants in here. They will work together. Everyone has input and there is cooperation. Our problem has been that in years 1 and 2, Mr Know it all overrated Tuna was at the controls and then he left Sparano and Ireland to run a big pile of **** he put together. After that, Sparano bewbed it all up.

Ireland deserves some blame for what went on, but not all of it. He also deserves a lot of credit for hiring Philbin and some shrewed moves that he did make like trading a bum like Vontae for a 2nd and 6th.

I've been saying for a while that Ireland did a pretty good job of acquiring talent for that success-proof system we were implementing with the old staff. With a staff that can develop players (we're already seeing former busts and so-so players coming alive) and implement a real NFL system, I think Ireland will do a competent job. I graded our draft an A- or a B+ (I think it was A-) at its conclusion. Loved the upside/value on both the 7th RD picks. Tannehill was a perfect storm. Martin is an outstanding talent who has a chance to become an elite LT. Vernon and Egnew were both good players to develop. As I said at the time, the draft showed a tremendous amount of confidence in this coaching staff's ability to develop talent. Almost every player was drafted on the basis of their talent and projected value being greater than what they showed in college. It's not like we got a ton of steals (save for the 7th RD), but guys who were drafted at their appropriate position (with a lot of upside) become steals when you trust your staff to develop them.

Turning out pretty good so far. I would have preferred a WR instead of Martin, but at least he gives us all the cards in negotiations with Long next year, and we'll have access to better quality WRs in the draft then, so it works out. Not giving up on Egnew yet, but so far it's not looking good. Either way, it's a win because we finally found a QB. Everything else is just icing.

First thing I thought when they drafted Martin was "Looks like we've found our new left tackle".

I loves u Gonzo, u my yang.

I agree totally WV. I have always thought, especially when Parcells shadow was hanging around, that Ireland was simply working towards what the coaches wanted. If you listen to what little we hear from Ireland, that is what he is basically saying.

Fact is, as much as a hole at big play WR is, he filled our two biggest holes of all. QB and RT.

You have to give these rookies time. They are not all going to be riding the pine all the time. There time will come eventually. And Gaffney actuall doing something for us in this offense as third reciever would be huge. Just got to wait for the season to play out to truly judge.

but hell, we have our future at QB. Very Nice!

Back
Top Bottom