2015 Pro Days | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2015 Pro Days

lol... nice... but it is showing Waynes may be working hard to improve?!?!?!

To me, it shows that he's too stiff to be a 1st round CB. He didn't even bother doing the 3-Cone at his Pro Day. Did someone tell him that a 7+ 3-Cone is good enough? Maybe some team drafts him high, but I wouldn't. There are plenty of guys with legit CB feet. Not going to reach on a stiff like Waynes.

To me, it shows that he's too stiff to be a 1st round CB. He didn't even bother doing the 3-Cone at his Pro Day. Did someone tell him that a 7+ 3-Cone is good enough? Maybe some team drafts him high, but I wouldn't. There are plenty of guys with legit CB feet. Not going to reach on a stiff like Waynes.

he was smoother than i expected, especially in hips.... it was things you knew he was coming in from film that he is needing to fix and work on... those times that he improved helps!!! but i know what you mean as well. keep working!!!

i still think he has the ability to fit our scheme

I think Trae gets embarrassed in the NFL, unless he is matched up with an amazing pass rush defense.

I just don't see how he can handle any receiver once they Break off there routes. without the pass rush he would be a major liability.

Brown Pro Day
Of note during Brown's pro day was the work out of long snapper Courtland Clavette, who measured 6-3, 241 pounds and then ran a best 40 time of 4.71 seconds. He also completed 22 reps on the bench and looked good snapping the ball.

Six teams (Patriots, Dolphins, Redskins, Chiefs, Packers) were on hand, including the Minnesota Vikings, who sent special teams coach Mike Prefier. Many feel Clavette now ranks as one of the top two long snappers available in the 2015 NFL Draft.

Southern Illinois Pro Day
The New York Jets, St. Louis Rams, Cincinnati Bengals, Houston Texans and Chicago Bears were on hand for Southern Illinois pro day, where running back Malcolm Agnew was the big winner.

He measured 5-9 1/8, 203 pounds, ran 40 times in the low 4.5-second range (4.51) then turned in a scorching shuttle of 3.89 seconds and an equally impressive 3-cone drill of 6.62 seconds. Agnew's jump marks of 36 1/2 inches (vertical) and 10-10 (broad) were turned in during the Northwestern pro day.

In drills, Agnew looked solid, especially catching passes, where he made several finger-tip receptions. The Houston Texans and Cincinnati Bengals have shown a lot of interest in Agnew.

Tight end/H-back Mycole Pruitt, who turned in an outstanding combine workout, caught the ball today and did reasonably well. I'm told while his pass-catching skills stood out, he shows a bit of tightness in his hips; not a good sign for a smaller player at his position.

Baylor Pro Day
There were several top performances at Baylor pro day.

Receiver Levi Norwood, who struggled through an injury-plagued 2014 campaign, ran 4.53 in the 40, 4.18 in the short shuttle and a solid 6.87 in the 3-cone.

Antwan Goodley, who ran well at the combine (4.44) but could not complete the rest of the workout due to a cramped hamstring, timed 4.41 in the short shuttle and 7.15 in the 3-cone.

Quarterback Bryce Petty looked really solid today and was on the mark with most of his throws. And while that's usually the case with pro-day workouts, the creativity of quarterback coach George Whitfield leant to the cause.

Petty took snaps from underneath center, was forced to throw over and around about a handful of long (6-foot, plus) tackling dummies placed in front of him and had to watch out as Whitfield chased him with a broom.

Histrionics aside, Petty was very accurate with most of his throws, and except for a few deeper routes, did not have receivers waiting on the pass or twisting to grab errant throws.

Michigan State Pro Day
Unheralded Marcus Rush turned in an eye-popping workout today.

Tipping the scales at 249 pounds, Rush completed 24 reps on the bench, touched 34 inches in the vertical jump and 9-9 in the broad, then timed 4.68 in the 40, which included a quick 1.59 10-yard split. His 3-cone time was 6.73. Rush, who lined up at defensive end for Michigan State, looked good in linebackers drills afterward. Rarely mentioned with all the star talent around him, Rush is a potential late-round pick and projects asa designated pass-rusher/special teams player at the next level.

Punter Mike Sadler also had a solid workout. After struggling with injury last year, Sadler was finally fit and consistently punted the ball farther than 50 yards today, outside in a 15-mph wind, and was getting hang times in the 4.5s.

Linebacker Taiwan Jones ran much faster today compared to his combine time, clocking in the mid to low 4.7s. His vertical jump of 33.5 inches was an improvement of 1.5 inches.

Boise State Pro Day
The 40 time for receiver Matt Miller was slower than I initially reported on twitter as I'm hearing a few 4.7-second numbers on stopwatches.

I'm told Jay Ajayi looked good in running back drills, especially catching the ball. He ranks anywhere from a high of No. 2 on running back boards around the league to a low of No. 6. As posted on twitter, Ajayi had dinner with the San Diego Chargers last night.

Quarterback Grant Hedrick looked sharp throwing the ball and though he lacks NFL size, was very accurate with all his throws.

Shane Ray
As posted earlier, Shane Ray, who'll workout tomorrow at Missouri pro day, was scheduled for dinner with the Pittsburgh Steelers this evening. He is also scheduled to have a sit down with the New York Jets tomorrow.

Ray's schedule is loaded, and besides the visits already reported in the media, I can tell you Ray is scheduled to meet with the Kansas City Chiefs, work out for the Arizona Cardinals and the Atlanta Falcons, as well as visit with the franchise, which has been previously reported.

Liberty Pro Day
Safety Jacob Hagen, who's well thought of by scouts, turned in some impressive testing numbers. Measuring just under 6-3, Hagen posted a 36.5-inch vertical jump, touched 10-4 in the broad, completed 22 reps on the bench, then timed 4.53 in the 40.

San Jose Pro Day
Defensive lineman Travis Raciti turned in a solid workout today. The senior measured 6-3, 7/8, 288 pounds, completed 27 reps on the bench, touched 31.5 inches in the vertical jump, then timed as fast as 5.05 on watches with a 10-yard split of 1.76. His 3-cone was a respectable 7.38.

Jay Ajayi highlights this last one for me.... would be tough to obtain for us though in the draft with out spots and needs.

Tony Pauline @TonyPauline · 19h 19 hours ago
Shane Ray/DE-OLB/Missouri scheduled to have dinner with the Pittsburgh Steelers this evening prior to tomorrow's pro-day. More later.

Tony Pauline @TonyPauline · 16h 16 hours ago
New York Jets scheduled for a one-on-one with Shane Ray tomorrow, which is Missouri pro-day. More in a bit.

Tony Pauline @TonyPauline · 3h 3 hours ago
For those interested- Shane Ray/Missouri: 249lbs at pro-day vs 245lbs at the combine...must be that dinner with the Steelers last nigh ;)

Tony Pauline @TonyPauline · 2h 2 hours ago
More on Jay Ajayi/RB/Boise St: Had individual/private meetings with San Fransisco 49ers, Minnesota Vikings & Jacksonville Jaguars on Wed

Tony Pauline @TonyPauline · 1h 1 hour ago
Early times from Mizzu pro-day: Shane Ray/4.56s, Marcus Golden/4.63s. Unofficial & would expect "official" times to be slightly slower.

Tony Pauline @TonyPauline · 53m 53 minutes ago
Eric Rowe/DB/Utah: recent workouts w/Tampa Bay, Texans & one-on-one with Marvin Lewis . Visits list includes Miami, Baltimore & Detroit..

Tony Pauline @TonyPauline · 32m 32 minutes ago
Donovan Smith/T/Penn State reportedly down ten pounds from his combine weight: 328lbs today vs 338lbs at combine. 341lbs at Senior Bowl

Eric Rowe is currently projected late 3rd/mid 4th round.

Not a lot of hype surrounding it, but Marcus Rush had an outstanding Pro Day, and he's a good player. Think he's going to be a much better NFL player than people are saying. Rob Ninkovich seems like the obvious comp.

FWIW, the Fins weren't at Tre McBride's pro day.

Doesn't mean a huge amount but was hoping they were visibly interested in him.

Fins were one of a few teams on hand at WMU to look at Donald Celiscar, a CB I'm very impressed with who will go in the late rounds. Patriots have a visit lined up for him. He's not very fast at 4.6, but instinctually is off the charts. Could be a nickel guy in the pros, but his real forte is tight man coverage.

FWIW, the Fins weren't at Tre McBride's pro day.

Doesn't mean a huge amount but was hoping they were visibly interested in him.

Fins were one of a few teams on hand at WMU to look at Donald Celiscar, a CB I'm very impressed with who will go in the late rounds. Patriots have a visit lined up for him. He's not very fast at 4.6, but instinctually is off the charts. Could be a nickel guy in the pros, but his real forte is tight man coverage.

Only WR I've heard we have interest in is Parker. Have not heard about any others.

I have McBride as a 3rd rounder. If Hickey is truly in charge of the draft I can see us taking Dezmin Lewis in the 4th or 5th round...since Hickey likes those small school kids and Lewis gives us the size we need in the WR corp.

Missouri Pro Day
Unofficial forty times I'm receiving from the Tigers' pro day:

Markus Golden/DE-OLB: 4.65s
Jimmie Hunt/WR: 4.50s
Marcus Murphy/RB-RS: 4.49s
Shane Ray/DE-OLB: 4.58s
Larry Sasser/WR: 4.52

Considering the way they "calculate" official times for pro day, those numbers may be a bit slower, but remember, teams usually go by what their scouts/coaches have recorded versus any official numbers being thrown around.

Joey Porter, Mike Tomlin, Mike Nolan, Jon Dorsey, Scot McCloughan and Jeff Ireland were some of the big names on hand for the Missouri pro day. The Tennessee Titans and St. Louis Rams sent video crews to watch the workout.

Here's what I've been told.

While he did not test as well as his teammate Shane Ray, Markus Golden looked terrific in drills and really impressed a lot of people. Most felt he helped himself immeasurably today.

Shane Ray is fast and very athletic, but many feel he's to light to come out of a three-point stance and looked tight in his hips during drills.

Receiver Larry Sasser tested reasonably well. Besides the 40 time reported earlier, he touched 34 inches in the vertical jump and 10-0 in the broad. Jimmie Hunt posted a 32-inch vertical jump and 9-8. Hunt caught the ball incredibly well and impressed a lot of people.

Defensive tackle Lucas Vincent impressed a lot of people today. The 2-year starter easily moved around the field and looked terrific in drills.

Western Kentucky Pro Day
A few notes from yesterday's WKU workout:

Cornerback Cam Thomas completed 17 reps on the bench, touched 36.5 inches in the vertical jump and timed 4.54 in the 40. He also looked good in position drills.

Tight end Mitchell Henry measured 6-3, 5/8, 252 pounds, timed 4.63 in the 40, posted a vertical jump of 37 inches and 15 reps on the bench. He caught the ball well in position drills.

Penn State Pro Day
As previously reported, Donovan Smith was down almost 13 pounds from his Senior Bowl weight, tipping the scales at 328 pounds. I don't have a 40 time as of yet, but the feedback I'm getting is he looked very athletic and fluid moving around the field.

Deion Barnes, who was a surprise non-invite to the combine, completed 31 bench-press reps after weighing in at 257 pounds.

Offensive lineman Miles Dieffenbach completed 24 reps on the bench while DE/OLB C.J. Olaniyan finished with 22.

Defensive back Adrian Amos tipped the scales as 215 pounds, completed 21 reps on the bench then timed 4.39 and 4.44 seconds in the 40.

Amos ran a 4.56 at the combine.

Stanford Pro Day
The Oakland Raiders were omnipresent at Stanford pro-day as I'm told at least a dozen people from the organization were in attendance today, including head coach Jack Del Rio and general manager Reggie McKenzie. One would point to proximity as the reason for the Raiders' attendance, but considering some of the other pro-day events taking place today, there had to be something more.

Several have told me David Parry was the big winner and looked exceptional in all the drills. I can confirm it was Nick Caserio who met with Parry for a few hours yesterday. I was also told Parry was one of the Raiders' targets today. Given the need for defensive tackles in the league and the overall lack of depth at the position in this year's draft, the feeling leaving Stanford's pro day was Parry could sneak into the third round.

Teammate Henry Anderson also had a solid workout. As someone explained his day to me, "Anderson does not look the prettiest doing it, but gets the job done."

If there was a surprise of the day it was linebacker A.J. Tarpley. His times in the 40 clocked around 4.70 seconds, his short shuttle was close to 4 seconds flat and his other marks included 24 on the bench and 34 inches in the vertical jump. I'm told Tarpley himself was pleased with his entire day as he looked good in position drills. After the workout, the Washington Redskins were seen pulling him aside.

James Vaughters, the teams other senior linebacker, completed an impressive 35 reps on the bench as I'm told he was lickety-split to 28 then cranked out from that point. He touched 32.5 inches in the vertical jump and timed in the mid-4.8-second range in the 40. Vaughters was not nearly as impressive in position drills, looking stiff and unsure of himself.

The Iron Man award went to Andrus Peat. The junior offensive tackle first underwent a scripted workout which was reportedly run by former offensive line coach Alex Gibbs, which ran about 30 minutes. The Raiders and Bengals then put him through another 15 minutes of drills. The word on Peat's workout was mostly positive, and he was understandably exhausted afterward.

Ty Montgomery ran solid routes and caught the ball better than expected. At the end of the pro day, he was taken aside by Houston Texans director of college scouting Jon Carr and put through additional pass-catching work.
3rd rounder for Parry is nuts...but typical Raiders.

New Hampshire Pro Day
A pair of sleeper prospects from I-AA looked terrific during New Hampshire's pro day.

Tight end Harold Spears timed 4.71 seconds in the 40 after measuring 6-3 6/8, 252 pounds. His other marks included 20 reps on the bench, 36 inches in the vertical jump and 9-10 in the broad.

Receiver R.J. Harris timed 4.51 and 4.55 seconds in the 40, a terrific mark for the big-bodied wideout who was estimated as a 4.70-second wide receiver by scouts.

The Oakland Raiders, Seattle Seahawks, New Orleans Saints, Indianapolis Colts and San Diego Chargers requested both players work out and each looked good in position drills.

I mentioned R.J. Harris on here about a month ago as a guy I hoped the Dolphins would be able to grab as an undrafted free agent. Looks good running routes, good hands, plays strong. I wouldn't call him a big bodied receiver like Tony Pauline does...he's only 6' 0" 200 lbs.

Central Michigan Pro Day
Receiver Titus Davis stood on his Combine numbers and chose not to re-run the 40, but looked good in pass-catching drills. He was explosive running routes and caught the ball well. Many felt he may have secured himself as a late-round pick. Davis had dinner with the Tampa Bucs last night then sat down with the Cleveland Browns as well as the Miami Dolphins today.
http://walterfootball.com/proday.php

i'd watch for the jets at 6 with shane ray...i think he and beasley will go top 8...one to the jets the other to atlanta

Hawaii Pro Day
Fullback Joey Iosefa measured 5-11 3/4, 243 pounds, completed 28 reps on the bench, timed a best of 4.77 seconds in the 40 and 7.09 seconds in the 3-cone.

Defensive end Beau Yap measured 6-0 3/4, 247 pounds, timed a best of 4.83 seconds in the 40 and 4.38 seconds in the 3-cone. His arm measured 29 7/8 inches with a 9 3/8-inch hand.

Center/guard Kody Afusia timed 5.26 seconds in the 40 at 303 pounds.

Defensive lineman Moses Samia, rated by scouts entering the season, did not take part in the workout.

Penn State Pro Day (con't)
The official time sheet showed offensive tackle Donovan Smith with a time of 5-seconds flat in the 40 with a 10-yard split of 1.75 seconds (versus 5.18 and 1.81 seconds at the combine).

Guard Miles Dieffenbach timed 5.34 seconds in the 40 with a very slow 10-yard split of 1.91 seconds. He only completed 24 reps on the bench.

While Deion Barnes did well on the bench, the rest of his marks were not so good. His 40 time clocked 4.92 seconds (1.70-second 10-yard split), his short shuttle was 4.38 seconds and 3-cone timed 7.29 seconds.

C.J. Olaniyan measured 6-3 1/2, 253 pounds, timed 4.82 seconds in the 40, 4.10 seconds in the 3-cone drill and touched 31 inches in the vertical jump.

Missing from the workout was running back/fullback Zach Zwinak, who played in just seven games last season before going down with a serious leg/foot injury.

Colorado State Pro Day
The big event today was the throwing workout of Garret Grayson, who did not throw or work out at the combine due to a strained hamstring. Grayson, who ran the 40 at the end of the day by design to make sure he got his throwing workout completed, timed in the high 4.5-, low 4.6-second range.

The 40 was a side note to his passing workout. Grayson threw 74 passes and missed on just three, with a fourth one being an outright drop. He displayed both touch as well as the ability to throw the ball with tremendous velocity today, and the reviews have been positive.

Thirteen teams were on hand, including the Cleveland Browns, who took Grayson to dinner last night. The New York Jets were well represented at the pro day, and Grayson has private workouts scheduled with the San Diego Chargers, St. Louis Rams and Buffalo Bills.

The team that seems to be highest on Grayson is the hometown Denver Broncos. The feeling is Grayson is the most capable of running the system that Gary Kubiak will employ in Denver; a system similar to the one Grayson ran at Colorado State. He also has the arm strength necessary to get the ball through the cutting winds that often blow through the Mile High City. There's also a strong belief Brock Osweiler, who's in the final year of his rookie contract, won't be with Denver after this season.

Georgia Southern Pro Day
Near a half-dozen teams were on hand for the Georgia Southern workout, primarily to watch Valdon Cooper.

The cornerback measured 5-10 1/4, 184 pounds, posted a 35-inch vertical jump, a 10-0 broad jump and completed 15 reps on the bench. His 40 time ranged in the 4.51-second area with 7.01 seconds in the 3-cone drill. Graded as a priority free agent before the season, Cooper has the skills to make a roster at the next level as a dimeback/special teams player.

NC State Pro Day
Results are still coming in on the N.C. State pro day, but early returns say offensive tackle Tyson Chandler was the big winner.

The massive blocker measured 6-7 1/4, 330 pounds, down 28 pounds from his playing weight last season. His arm measured 36 1/2 inches and his wingspan an incredible 88 inches.

Chandler's marks included 31 reps on the bench, a 28-inch vertical jump, a 9-4 broad jump and a 40 time around 5.25 seconds. He looked incredibly athletic during position drills for such a large lineman. In fact, most said Chandler was the best offensive lineman in attendance and not Rob Crisp. Chandler was smooth and easily flipped his hips in drills. Scouts commended Chandler on his conditioning, and long-time Oakland Raiders scout and former lineman Mickey Marvin heaped praise on him.

Chandler will be working out for the New York Jets in a few weeks.

Read more at http://walterfootball.com/proday.php#szDj926mzlCtFiMt.99

---------- Post added at 01:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:09 PM ----------

i'd watch for the jets at 6 with shane ray...i think he and beasley will go top 8...one to the jets the other to atlanta

I've heard Atlanta is really high on Ray and Randy Gregory.

Stanford Pro Day

3rd rounder for Parry is nuts...but typical Raiders.

I hear ya, but Parry is a monster on gameday. Physically he's JAG - carries weight/isn't very tall/short-armed, but when he's on it, he's tending toward unblockable. I don't know where you put him in the draft to be honest, but I can understand why some teams rate his production as 3rd round material.

Back
Top Bottom