2016 Pre-Season Coach's Poll | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2016 Pre-Season Coach's Poll

If we (FSU) can beat Clemson, we'll see you in the playoffs. Ole Miss should be a good barometer for our year and I'll be at the game. We'll soften them up a bit for you. Haha

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

You better worry about that game here in Louisville before you go worrin' about Clemson and Bama.

You better worry about that game here in Louisville before you go worrin' about Clemson and Bama.
I forgot that we play at Louisville. Damn that's a fairly tough schedule! Louisville, Clemson, Ole Miss, Florida, Miami, and at least one or two other ranked ACC teams. If we go undefeated, I don't want to hear anything about strength of schedule.

If you can get tickets, I'll definitely buy one from you and drive down.

I forgot that we play at Louisville. Damn that's a fairly tough schedule! Louisville, Clemson, Ole Miss, Florida, Miami, and at least one or two other ranked ACC teams. If we go undefeated, I don't want to hear anything about strength of schedule.

If you can get tickets, I'll definitely buy one from you and drive down.

Unfortunately I don't have season tickets and that game is already sold out. I MAY be able to luck my way into one ticket. Maybe.

Unfortunately I don't have season tickets and that game is already sold out. I MAY be able to luck my way into one ticket. Maybe.
I could blow a paycheck on tickets but probably won't. I was hoping you had a hookup. My brother got tickets to the FSU/Ole Miss kickoff in Orlando on labor day. I'll get to meet my 3 month old nephew that weekend too. I'm pretty excited to say the least.

I was thinking about trying to make the Dolphin's game in Cincinnati but it's on a Thursday night. That would cost two days vacation and a hotel to do it right. I don't know if it's worth that much right now.

I'd have Louisville about 4 spots higher at #19. Petrino is auditioning for the Auburn job in my opinion.

Sparty is a little high there. I think they're a 3 loss team at the hands of Notre Dame, Michigan, and Ohio St.

I think Stanford is too high, along with Florida St.

Wouldn't surprise me to see Texas and Washington St. in the top 25 and teams like Baylor and Oklahoma St. unranked.

Either way, I believe it's basically Alabama and Clemson then everybody else.

Make your picks for the 4 teams you believe are in the playoffs at the end...

(1) Alabama's first string
(2) Alabama's second string
(3)Alabama's third string
(4) Bama's in-coming freshmen
Lol...just kidding

I'd have Louisville about 4 spots higher at #19. Petrino is auditioning for the Auburn job in my opinion.

Sparty is a little high there. I think they're a 3 loss team at the hands of Notre Dame, Michigan, and Ohio St.

I think Stanford is too high, along with Florida St.

Wouldn't surprise me to see Texas and Washington St. in the top 25 and teams like Baylor and Oklahoma St. unranked.

Either way, I believe it's basically Alabama and Clemson then everybody else.

Make your picks for the 4 teams you believe are in the playoffs at the end...

Yeah, I'd have U of L anywhere from #15 to #20. Of course this is the coaches' poll where it's actually the SID's poll. I figure the AP poll will have them a couple of spots higher.

As far as Petrino goes, I guess that's possible but Petrino's buyout for the first 4 years of his contract is $10 million. He's become heavily invested in charities and the local children's hospital here in the city this time around. U of L can match any contract Auburn wants to throw at him. Sure he could leave, this is Bobby Petrino we're talking about here, but the odds are lower than they were his first time around. The University of Louisville is in a completely different situation now than it was back then. He believes (as I do too) that he can win a national title here (he's told coaches he's recruited to his staff the same thing). He's got to level up in recruiting, but if we can break through the glass ceiling that is FSU and Clemson a couple of times then he can do that here.

Houston may very well be a top 10 team. Tenn is to high. Michigan still a year or two away.

Bama
Clemson
Ohio State
Oklahoma

Bama over Ohio State

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10 years straight being ranked number 1 at some point in the season....not to shappy.

Houston may very well be a top 10 team. Tenn is to high. Michigan still a year or two away.

Bama
Clemson
Ohio State
Oklahoma

Bama over Ohio State

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The same reason why Houston may be a top 10 team is the same reason Ohio St. won't make the playoffs in my opinion....Tom Herman.
This is the best young head coach in the game right now.

Despite Ohio St.'s depth and talent, they tend to have games where the offense spits and sputters without Tom Herman. It happened last year against Northern Illinois, Indiana, and Michigan St. They were extremely fortunate to only lose one of those games, and the offense didn't get better with Ezekiel Elliott, Taylor Decker, Michael Thomas, Braxton Miller, Nick Vannett and the rest moving on to the NFL.

I think Michigan may still be a year away from legitimately being a championship team, but they're good enough right now to be one of the 4 teams in the playoff. Especially if O'Korn looks anything like he did as a freshman at the U of Houston.

I might take Alabama, Clemson, Michigan, and Notre Dame as my four.

Just looked at Notre Dames schedule. Ohio State at Oklahoma is early enough that a loss won't hurt one of them as badly but the Irish schedule should result in an undefeated season.

Back
Top Bottom