2017 NFL Draft: Teams that added most talent (9-16) | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2017 NFL Draft: Teams that added most talent (9-16)

MDFINFAN

Reach for the Stars
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
Our look at the teams that added the most talent in the 2017 NFL Draft, based on NFL.com senior analyst Gil Brandt's Hot 150 prospect rankings, continues with teams ranked 8-16.
[h=3]10. Miami Dolphins[/h]
Score: 402 points (5 players)
The skinny: The Dolphins addressed all of their major needs, as they focused on defense in this draft, and edged out the Bengals by the slimmest of margins to crack the top 10.
The players (points):
No. 17: Charles Harris (134)
No. 58: Davon Godchaux (93)
No. 73: Raekwon McMillan (78)
No. 84: Isaac Asiata (67)

No. 121: Cordrea Tankersley (30)

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...17-nfl-draft-teams-that-added-most-talent-916

Surprised Tankersley is 121. I think we did good especially picking in the latter 3rd of the draft.

Surprised Tankersley is 121. I think we did good especially picking in the latter 3rd of the draft.

One of the few stat that matters for cornerbacks (passer rating against)...Tankersley had superb marks for. I'm fairly confident that with NFL coaching, he'll be a starter in this league.

I didn't even know Gil Brandt was still alive.

Pleased to see Harris was rated so high, and I was a little surprised that Godchaux was rated higher than I thought he would be based on what some have said. Not complaining though, I'll take it! Brandt has been around a long time, and from what I understand is well respected. The important thing is, the guys we have now have a chance. What they do with it is up to them. Hopefully, with good coaching and support they will take the next step and really contribute.

I didn't even know Gil Brandt was still alive.

He is not, they have a "Weekend at Bernie's" thing going on over at the NFL network.

Lol, that's hilarious because Brandt and Pat Kirwin were both highly critical of the Fins draft on NFL radio. There was even a poster on here who started a thread touting Brandt's opinion because it fit his narrative. I guess Gil forgot about his own pre-draft rankings when analyzing the Fins. Just goes to show how worthless post draft grades actually are.

Ha, Zurlein at NFL.com gave the Fins the 31st ranked draft.

Last edited by a moderator:
Lol, that's hilarious because Brandt and Pat Kirwin were both highly critical of the Fins draft on NFL radio. There was even a poster on here who started a thread touting Brandt's opinion because it fit his narrative. I guess Gil forgot about his own pre-draft rankings when analyzing the Fins. Just goes to show how worthless post draft grades actually are.

Ha, Zurlein at NFL.com gave the Fins the 31st ranked draft.

That's the joke of the year.

We did very well.

I love how they give the Browns or one of the top 3 teams picking the best grades lol

No $hit!! They picked top 3. I'll take Gil brandt's opinion over Zuerlein's

Brandt has done well for a long time. One of the things that really stands out about this draft to me is those 2 highly defensive tackles dropping down to the 5th and 6th rounds to hopefully fill a huge void for us. This draft really fit our needs in so many ways.

Back
Top Bottom