2017 Pre-Combine/FA Mock | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2017 Pre-Combine/FA Mock

ChambersWI

Going Ghost
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
Tis officially draft season boys and girls, so while the combine workouts get started and FA is a week away, let us start with a first round mock. I'm a little rusty at this, but I am using rumblings from around the league and fit. Note that I am not making assumptions with free agency, so some things will obviously change. Lets get started shall we?

1.Cleveland Browns-Myles Garrett DE, Texas A&M
For the first time ever, I may actually agree with silver and say that the Browns should seriously look at Deshaun Watson (why he's not considered a top 5 pick consensus is a bit perplexing to me too, but that's another story) Anyways, Myles Garrett at this point is the consensus number 1 pick, and Cleveland needs to add talent.

2.San Francisco 49ers-Jonathan Allen DT/DE, Alabama
The 9ers are in desperate need of a QB, and while it is seems obvious to put a QB here, there a few things to remember. 1)Kyle Shanahan is known as a QB guru and will probably bring in a mid level guy as a place holder. 2)At this point the 9ers seem to be more interested in fixing their QB situation through trades/FA at this point than they are on the draft 3)John Lynch was part of a team that rebuilt their image around Warren Sapp. QB still may very easily be the pick, but at this point, more noise points towards going with a safe pick in Allen.

3.Chicago Bears-Mitch Trubisky QB, North Carolina
Chicago reportedly is in love with the UNC QB. But much like the 2 teams in front of them, the biggest goal should be talent.

4.Jacksonville Jaguars-Leonard Fournette RB, LSU

Chris Ivory was a bit of a disappointment. Honestly, this would be an ideal draft for the Jags, as they could easily go with one of the young safeties as well.

5.Tennessee Titans-Malik Hooker S, LSU
The Titans could go a variety of different ways. Hooker could arguably be the best player in the draft

6.New York Jets-Deshone Kizer QB, Notre Dame

Reports are that the Jets love Mitch Trubisky but he's gone in this mock. The Jets are reportedly not that high on either Christian Hackenberg or Bryce Petty, and with Todd Bowles on the hot seat, the Jets may gamble on a QB like Kizer.

7.San Diego Chargers-Jamal Adams S, LSU
Biggest need for San Diego is a playmaking safety (or OL), if either Adams or Hooker are available San Diego shouldn't think twice about the pick.

8.Carolina Panthers-Marshon Lattimore CB, Ohio State
If the draft falls like this, it's another no brainer. One of the dumbest decisions last year was Carolina not keeping Josh Norman.

9.Cincinatti Bengals-Mike Williams WR, Clemson
The Bengals offense clearly lacked a true compliment to AJ Green after letting both Mohammad Sanu and Marvin Jones walk. Getting another big body should help the Bengals rebound in 2017.

10.Buffalo Bills-Dashaun Watson QB, Clemson
There seems to be a messy divorce coming between the Bills and Tyrod Taylor. With a new coach in town, it's time to try again and get a franchise QB.

11.New Orleans Saints-Solomon Thomas DE, Stanford
If the draft fell this way, there's no way the Saints could pass up a player like Thomas

12.Cleveland Browns-Dalvin Cook RB, Florida State
Not the biggest need funny enough for Cleveland, but the Browns need to add as much talent as possible to their roster, and Cook would absolutely improve their team.

13.Arizona Cardinals-Corey Davis WR, Western Michigan
Larry Fitzgerald is on his last legs and Malcolm Floyd is gone. Time to add another weapon, but don't be shocked to see Arizona try for a QB.

14.Indianapolis Colts-Reuben Foster ILB, Alabama
The Colts should have 2 focuses; protecting Andrew Luck and improving their awful defense.

15.Philadelphia Eagles-Sydney Jones CB, Washington

Philadelphia needs a WR, and an RB but the top 2 at both positions are off the board. The team also needs help at CB, and this class is fairly loaded.

16.Baltimore Ravens-Derek Barnett DE, Tennessee
The team needs a young pass rusher. Funny enough there are rumblings that many teams compare the Vols pass rusher to a young Terrelle Suggs.

17.Washington Redskins-Taco Charlton DE/OLB, Michigan
The Redskins need to upgrade their defense on all levels, that usually starts with the pass rush.

18.Tennessee Titans-Marlon Humphry CB, Alabama
The draft falls like this, this would be another hard to pass up move for Tennessee.

19.Tampa Bay Buccaneers-John Ross WR, Washington
Tampa could improve their pass rush here, but the team needs to add more weapons to their offense and take pressure off of Mike Evans.

20.Denver Broncos-OJ Howard TE, Alabama

No brainer pick here. Denver has no production from the TE spot, and with Mike McCoy as OC and a young QB, they're going to be relying heavily on the TE.

21.Detroit Lions-Tre'Davious White CB,LSU

Lions need an upgrade across from Darius Slay

22.Miami Dolphins-Hasson Reddick LB, Temple
I'll be completely honest, I think the pick will ultimately be a DE as Miami is reportedly gearing up to make a run at a few LBs in free agency, but until that happens LB is clearly the number 1 need. Now why Reddick? Because of tendency. Miami made a strong push towards Bruce Irvin last year before he got priced out, and were planning on doing the same with Melvin Ingram before he got tagged. Reddick fits what the team wants from their SAM. Bit of a project, but this projection is 100% based on previous moves. Now don't be surprised if Miami takes a strong look at Jabril Peppers or Forrest Lamp.

23.New York Giants-Ryan Ramczyk OT, Wisconsin

Ereck Flowers has been a huge disappointment for the Giants, and the OL needs to be addressed.

24.Oakland Raiders Quincy Wilson CB Florida

CB is a must for the Raiders.

25.Houston Texans-Pat Mahomes QB Texas Tech
Not only was Brock Osweiler horrible this past year, he and Bill O'Brien hate each other. Mahomes is starting to make a lot of noise in draft circles and may even be the number 1 QB on most boards.

26.Seattle Seahawks-Forrest Lamp OG, Western Kentucky

The Seattle OL is a mess. Lamp is a guy who got on the national radar with a great game against Bama and continued to hold his own at the Senior Bowl.

27.Kansas City Chiefs Zack Cunningham LB, Vanderbilt
Team starts to get younger in the middle of their defense

28.Dallas Cowboys-Charles Harris DE, Mizzou

Obvious choice as the Cowboys need to get a consistent passrush going in order to take that next step.

29.Green Bay Packers-Christian McCaffery RB, Stanford
The Packers could go a variety of ways, but it is looking likely that James Starks and Eddie Lacy are going elsewhere, and even if they don't, neither can stay healthy. Plus the Packers want to move Ty Montgomery back to WR. McCaffery is a great fit for the Packers offense.

30.Pittsburgh Steelers-Jabril Peppers S/LB, Michigan

Peppers is an unreal athlete that doesn't have a true position. He is at his best as a rover in a D. The Steelers got a solid looking safety in Sean Davis, but getting Mike Mitchell out of the starting D should be a priority.

31.Atlanta Falcons-Takarrist McKinley DE/OLB, UCLA
The Dirty Birds continue to add talent to their defense. Dwight Freeney is not getting any younger, so getting some help for Vic Beasley is a must.

32.New England Patriots-David Njoku TE, Miami
Martellus Bennett has made it clear he is not taking a discount in free agency and Gronk is always a question mark.

Again, this is obviously a rough draft, as the combine and free agency will change a lot.

At least it's different. Original even. Good job.

I'd hate it if we passed on Cunningham for Reddick and I'd be floored if Tabor made it out of the first but nothing surprises me these days.

I think you are pretty spot on with those DE's going so quickly. Could see 49ers going quarterback possibly with a trade down. That seems to be the word out here on talk radio, but can't argue with Allen.

As far as Reddick, I think if those DE's go as fast as your mock he would be a good choice. Reddick has the ability to rush the passer and has some versatility.

At least it's different. Original even. Good job.

I'd hate it if we passed on Cunningham for Reddick and I'd be floored if Tabor made it out of the first but nothing surprises me these days.

Tabor is a bit shocking, but from rumors I've heard teams don't like his attitude and don't feel he'll test as well as other CBs

Tabor is a bit shocking, but from rumors I've heard teams don't like his attitude and don't feel he'll test as well as other CBs

He's ****y, arrogant, and extremely confident. I thought NFL teams loved that combo. He should test better then Haden, who went at 7 I believe. The depth of the class is the only reason I'd think he'd fall - but he may very well still be the first corner taken. He could go anywhere from like 8 to 30 if you ask me - big gap there.

He's better than his teammate I think. It took Wilson a few years to put it together - which he did last season. I see him taking a year or 2 to find his stride in the NFL as well. Tabor, like Hargreaves, came firing right out of the gate. And he got better and better. Would not at all be upset with him at 22, depending on how it falls.

I am starting to warm up to Mckinely....We have to be locked into a few players and my guess is it's not Reddick.

If we pass on Lamp,Peppers,Watts or Mckinely I will be pissed.Some of these guys won't make it to us IMO.

I do like and agree with a bit of these picks of other teams

Back
Top Bottom