2020 draft re-do | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2020 draft re-do

It’s fine to look back and see what could’ve been.. not a big deal with nothing else going on
I am just saying given the circumstances, we were money. In 3 to 5, your draft could be perfect. Just jumping the gun when no one has played a down or even seen their teams really especially this year do to the virus. That’s all. No offense.

Same
Same
Same
Same
Same
Same
Same
Same
Same
Same
Same

No player in this draft has played a practice snap let alone in a competitive game. Nobody has an idea of how they will develop or be used within the scheme.

Some of the guys mentioned as “better” options will likely bust or simply wouldn’t work within the scene Miami’s coaching staff wants to run.

Futile exercise until 2022 off season

Same
Same
Same
Same
Same
Same
Same
Same
Same
Same
Same

No player in this draft has played a practice snap let alone in a competitive game. Nobody has an idea of how they will develop or be used within the scheme.

Some of the guys mentioned as “better” options will likely bust or simply wouldn’t work within the scene Miami’s coaching staff wants to run.

Futile exercise until 2022 off season

or maybe somebody here does a better job predicting which guys are future stars. It doesn’t matter. It is just fun to give opinions.

I get Miami's strategy. Knowing how far Josh Jones slipped and that the Dolphins were able to trade for Breida, I'd do something like this:

5. Tagovailoa QB
18. Jefferson WR
30. Igbinoghene CB
39. Winfield S (or Delpit can't remember if Winfield was available there)
56. Jones OL
70. Cushberry OL (maybe Lewis the DE from Alabama)
111. Kindley OL
154. Jason Strowbridge DL
164. Weaver EDGE
185. Peoples Wr
246. Perry rb/wr

Guys - see my same thread in the main forum. The point is it is far more realistic than a mock and to see if you can do better than Grier. LOTS of people on this forum are very opinionated on draft prospects and picks and yet strangely none of them contributing. Go on the record and say who you would have picked and we can look back in 3 years or 5 years whatever.

5. Tua Tagovailoa QB (same)

18. Austin Jackson OT (same)

30. Grant Delpit FS (Noah Igbinoghene CB)

39. J.K. Dobbins RB (Robert Hunt OG)

56. Kristian Fulton CB (Raekwon Davis DL)

70. Josh Jones OT (Brandon Jones SS)

111. Solomon Kindley OG (same)

154. Jason Strowbridge DL (same)

164. Curtis Weaver EDGE (same)

185. James Proche WR (Blake Ferguson LS)

246. Malcolm Perry WR (same)

Guys - see my same thread in the main forum. The point is it is far more realistic than a mock and to see if you can do better than Grier. LOTS of people on this forum are very opinionated on draft prospects and picks and yet strangely none of them contributing. Go on the record and say who you would have picked and we can look back in 3 years or 5 years whatever.
Don’t you think Grier and co. might also have picked differently if they knew who would be available when?

Don’t you think Grier and co. might also have picked differently if they knew who would be available when?

That is my point exactly.

It is unfair to re draft with the benefit of hindsight.

But a fun way to kill the boredom.

5. Mekhi Becton OT ( Tua Tagovailoa QB)

18. Jordan Love QB (Austin Jackson OL)

30. D’Andre Swift RB (Noah Igbinoghene CB)

39. Grant Delpit S (Robert Hunt OG)

56. Kristian Fulton CB (Raekwon Davis DL)

70. Josh Jones OT (Brandon Jones SS)

111. Solomon Kindley OG (same)

154. Jason Strowbridge DL (same)

185. James Proche WR (Blake Ferguson LS)

Tua
Jackson
Jonathan Taylor
Hunt
Chinn
Bowden
same
same
same
same
Tae Crowder

Jeremy Chinn and Jonathan Taylor are going to be great picks this year, just not for us. :(

ok if you were picking at the same spots we were who would you pick? no hypothetical trades. and this assumes we traded for breida and the other trades.

5. Tua Tagovailoa QB (same)
18. Justin Jefferson WR (Austin Jackson OL)
30. Antoine Winfield Jr DB (Noah Igbinoghene CB)
39. Robert Hunt OL (same)
56. Matt Hennessy OL (Raekwon Davis DL)
70. Josh Jones OL (Brandon Jones S)
111. Rashard Lawrence DL (Solomon Kindley OL)
154. Hakeem Adeniji OL (Jason Strowbridge DL)
185. Eno Benjamin RB (Blake Ferguson LS)

I’d be really interested to know if you’ve changed your mind on any of the above. Kind of hindsight on hindsight (having seen 2 weeks of the season)

I’d be really interested to know if you’ve changed your mind on any of the above. Kind of hindsight on hindsight (having seen 2 weeks of the season)
Anyone know how Hennessy or Josh Jones have been playing?

i do like what kindley has shown and weaver obviously didn’t pan out. so may switch those around.

someone was asking about hennessy, he is splitting time at g in atl. josh jones not starting for arizona, i think the plan all along was to bring him along slowly.

Chinn has been incredible for the Panthers. I really wanted him at 56, the one pick that really pissed me off.
I wanted a Safety but would not have taken one in Round 1.

The R Davis pick was the spot to get one and obviously they did not love any of them(or value any of them)enough to make that call.

They did take one with their very next pick though, so drafting Chinn or Davis at 56 would not have been a stretch.

I would have been tempted by Uche at 56 as well.

I don't hate the Davis pick but I think I would have gone a different way.

Chinn was my favorite S in that Draft and i would probably have taken him at 56.

It would have been Chinn or Uche.

Then i take a DT at #70, several made it to that spot and Davis might have for all we know.

Back
Top Bottom