2021 Draft (Whatcha think)??? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2021 Draft (Whatcha think)???

I don’t hate the first round, I’m just not a huge fan of Moore.

2nd round... Weaver is way too high, and I don’t think Najee lasts that long. I do really like the idea of drafting him, but I think he’ll have to be 2a or even higher.

3rd and 4th rounders don’t make much sense at this point.

McCain and Rowe are both playing good as starters, and we already have Brandon Jones as depth, and he looks like he’s good enough to challenge for one of the starting spots. I don’t see where Washington will fit in.

Dickerson just seems like a throw away pick. Karras has done alright as a starter, however his contract is up. If he leaves, we better be taking a center much higher than the 4th round. If he resigns, we still have Dieter behind him. Again, don’t really see the point in using a pick on him.

Let’s pretend Karras leaves in FA this offseason. I’d like to see a draft that looks like this:

1a- WR DeVonta Smith, Alabama
1b- RB Travis Etienne, Clemson
2a- OC Josh Meyers, Ohio State
2b- Edge Jayson Oweh, Penn State
3- WR Amon-Ra St. Brown, USC
4- NT Jordan Davis, Georgia

Unless we sign a wr in free agency Chase/Waddle/Smith are a must. Parsons would be the pick if he’s there’s but if he is you then use your second to move up and grab one of the big 3 wrs. Tua needs weapons and no point in having picks if we are settling for 4th best and I’m not even sold on him. He had a hell of a freshman year but hasn’t played much football in 2 years

Parsons is going to be a beast but we don't know how far he'll drop from the fallout. I think he'll still be there in the 20s due to that. At 7, it's Chase, Smith or Pitts. Any other option looking at how poor our offensive weapons are is just lunacy. So at 21 it;s Parsons if he's there otherwise grab Waddle then in round2a grab either Etienne or Harris then spend the rest on OL.

Parsons is going to be a beast but we don't know how far he'll drop from the fallout. I think he'll still be there in the 20s due to that. At 7, it's Chase, Smith or Pitts. Any other option looking at how poor our offensive weapons are is just lunacy. So at 21 it;s Parsons if he's there otherwise grab Waddle then in round2a grab either Etienne or Harris then spend the rest on OL.

Fallout from what?

No to first round RBs. Why spend that capital on a 4 year player?

Great, you might get an elite player during their rookie contract. Then they want to get paid. But RBs break down notoriously quickly and their best years are usually behind them at that point. Off the top of my head, here are the recent top RBs that actually received those extensions.

Ezekiel Elliot, David Johnson, Leveon Bell, Devanta Freeman, Todd Gurley...

If you want to take the bet that your guy is an ageless wonder like Adrian Peterson, be my guest. But I don't want any part of the extensions I've seen given to these RBs.

There are plenty of guys that can get the job done that can be had in the 2nd/3rd rounds, or even later.

But the first step in handing out these big contracts to an almost guarenteed declining asset is to spend a very high pick on one.

Build up the rest of your offense using those first rounders. The guy carrying ball for you will benefit from it. But RB is not the way to go.

No to first round RBs. Why spend that capital on a 4 year player?

Great, you might get an elite player during their rookie contract. Then they want to get paid. But RBs break down notoriously quickly and their best years are usually behind them at that point. Off the top of my head, here are the recent top RBs that actually received those extensions.

Ezekiel Elliot, David Johnson, Leveon Bell, Devanta Freeman, Todd Gurley...

If you want to take the bet that your guy is an ageless wonder like Adrian Peterson, be my guest. But I don't want any part of the extensions I've seen given to these RBs.

There are plenty of guys that can get the job done that can be had in the 2nd/3rd rounds, or even later.

But the first step in handing out these big contracts to an almost guarenteed declining asset is to spend a high pick on one.

Build up the rest of your offense using those first rounders. RB is not the way to go.
Amen.

Harris will never get to that pick unless there is an act of god.I can easily see him going end of 1st early 2nd.
Like Parsons but other than that the players are not my preference in the draft.

Back
Top Bottom