2021: Was Tua better than Lamar Jackson?; Chargers Herbert NOT a Top-3 QB | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2021: Was Tua better than Lamar Jackson?; Chargers Herbert NOT a Top-3 QB

I mean if I could say for sure Tua was a top 10 QB right now... I'd be happy with that as ****. But the Fins ****ed up real bad so we dont ****ing know? We get a clearer picture this season, better than nothing. But on the other side of the coin, there's really no need to go batshit crazy and call Herbert a top 5 QB at this point... *No matter what the media is trying to sell you... He's definitely a top 10 guy but the Chargers will need to get their **** together in order to win some games, throwing the ball over the place 2nd to only Tom ****ing Brady isnt the best course of action right now....
The chargers had the second most points per drive this past season - their offense is not the problem. What they need to figure out is how to field competent defense and special teams units. If they’re even just top 20 in either of those they are a playoff team.

The chargers had the second most points per drive this past season - their offense is not the problem. What they need to figure out is how to field competent defense and special teams units. If they’re even just top 20 in either of those they are a playoff team.
Sounds like the team for you

FWIW, PFF rated Lamar Jackson at a 70.2, one spot above Tua at 68.3. It's pretty easy to assume that Jackson's ability to scramble was the only thing that put him ahead of Tua.

That said, running is part of Jackson's arsenal.....however, I think it's pretty apparent that Jackson's great 2019 season right now is the outlier.

Or maybe they need to tackle defenders after another Herbert pick six. I believe he had at least three of them last year, each one thrown directly into the hands of a defender.

We got what we got and thats Tua not Herbert. And i think he will be ok.

Justin Herbert is 2nd QB to lead a team with a bottom 3 defense to a winning record since 2000. Saying that the Chargers haven’t won many games because of him is completely ignorant of what he actually manages to do with that team. The only reason they are ever in games IS because of Herbert. With no Herbert that team is picking in the top 3 this past draft.

This will be the first season since he was a sophomore (?) that he’ll run the same offense in back-to-back seasons, which is wild to think about. He may not be a top 5 qb right now but he has all the makings of one.

You need to lay off the “stat” crack pipe and actually watch games. Cause Justin Herbert for all his gaudy stats playing on one of the most offensive talented teams in the league has many times been a major participant to his team losing.

He’s often started games out red hot only to drastically cool off in 2nd halves and only score a few points. He also has often thrown terrible INT’s at the worst time (did you see his performance against DEN!?).

He actually kinda reminds me of the Chargers former stat gaudy QB Phillip Rivers. Dude was a very good QB that led them to playoffs and produced impressive passing stats but consistently seemed to find a way to do the wrong thing at the wrong time to help his team lose big games.

Herbert is indeed a very talented and good QB. But he is also prone to the big mistake. Thus he still has a ways to go to reach the level many pundits are already foolishly believing he’s in.

Lastly, stop with the “it’s not his fault the Chargers lose“ crap. It’s ignorant to ignore his role in their losing. But more than that, since most fans seem to want to mostly credit the QB for winning then the same credit is deserved for losing no matter how much of a team effort it really was. Can’t have it both ways.

The perception is that Lamar is an elite player and one of the best in the league at the position.

The reality is that Tua is significantly more advanced in the arm and mechanics department.

It's hard to rationalize Lamar Jackson being better than Tua at the job of being an NFL QB.

Make no mistake about it, on any given Sunday Lamar Jackson could destroy any defense with the right parts around him and an accurate outing. However it's not going to be the case in Baltimore as it appears top shelf WR's don't want to be a part of that. Can't blame them. You can pretty much mark down the Ravens for a WR right now in the first round next year. No one worth a damn is going there otherwise.

They are very fortunate to have Mark Andrews. VERY, VERY fortunate.
Mark Andrews is all they have from a receiving pov. LJ is not a great passer, but as a running qb, he is as good as Vick was, and he was the best.

Back
Top Bottom