2022 Linebackers (Seniors) | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2022 Linebackers (Seniors)

Just getting into Tindall, his speed and tenacity is incredible.
His highlights plays are absolutely insane and he’s probably the most explosive athlete of the 3 UGA LBs this year. Has struggles in coverage and play recognition. If we end up drafting him it’s a sign we’re gonna keep using the heavy blitz packages cause I think that’s his best skill

Only thing about Tindall is he was only able to become a starter his Senior year. The question is why he could never earn the starting job over Monty Rice or Tae Crowder - two very average college linebackers and even less average pro prospects.

I watched Rice several times in high school here for James Clemens, and Crowder was really just a 2-star RB that converted to full time linebacker.

Tindall is a better pro prospect than either, but he was supposed to be a better player in college than either, too.

Only thing about Tindall is he was only able to become a starter his Senior year. The question is why he could never earn the starting job over Monty Rice or Tae Crowder - two very average college linebackers and even less average pro prospects.

I watched Rice several times in high school here for James Clemens, and Crowder was really just a 2-star RB that converted to full time linebacker.

Tindall is a better pro prospect than either, but he was supposed to be a better player in college than either, too.
Could be the mental part of it, you saw nakobe dean had to get on his ass for being in the wrong spot and almost giving up a td in the 4th quarter of the natty

Could be the mental part of it, you saw nakobe dean had to get on his ass for being in the wrong spot and almost giving up a td in the 4th quarter of the natty

Yeah that’s really what I was getting at. Kirby Smart and Glenn Schumann don’t make many mistakes when it comes to playing the right linebackers. There’s a reason why Tindall was a backup until his Senior year.

It usually takes 2 years for kids out of high school to really learn and understand Saban’s defense. If you haven’t gotten it in 2 years, that’s usually a bit of a red flag.

The physically superior players should be getting the reps by year 2 in a Saban/Smart defense.

It’s the coverage responsibilities that are usually lacking - as you alluded to.

I have:

Day 1
1. Troy Andersen
2. Leo Chanal

Day 2
3. Damone Clark
4. Quay Walker
5. Christian Harris

Day 3
6. Channing Tindall
7. D'Marco Jackson
8. Malcolm Rodriguez
9. Chad Mumma
10. Chance Campbell
11. Baylon Spector
12. Brian Asamoah
13. Devin Lloyd
14. Isaiah Graham-Mobley
15. Jojo Domann

Troy Andersen is ridiculous. 6'3 242, runs a 4.42, long arms, played all three phases, All-conference pick as quarterback (2018) and linebacker (2019, 2021)..... is this guy a "Deebo" in terms of versatility??! I mean I feel like this guy could play ILB, OLB, and H-back/TE for us and probably be very successful.

Tindall was primary and edge defender in HS and was still learning the position in Georgia.

Some of the kids he couldn’t beat out like Tae Crowder was a 2 star running back in high school.

I watched Monty Rice in high school right here in Huntsville. Just an average player. Couldn’t beat him out either.

Kirby Smart and coach Schumann don’t make many mistakes when it comes to starting the right linebackers. Tindall couldn’t pick up the coverages - which is why it took him 4 years to become an SEC starter.

In Nick Saban’s defense, or Kirby Smart’s defense - it takes about 2 years for high school players to grasp it. If the clearly physically superior recruits aren’t starting after 2 years, it’s a red flag. I promise.

I thought Chenal was easily the pick there if you wanted a linebacker.

Some of the kids he couldn’t beat out like Tae Crowder was a 2 star running back in high school.

I watched Monty Rice in high school right here in Huntsville. Just an average player. Couldn’t beat him out either.

Kirby Smart and coach Schumann don’t make many mistakes when it comes to starting the right linebackers. Tindall couldn’t pick up the coverages - which is why it took him 4 years to become an SEC starter.

In Nick Saban’s defense, or Kirby Smart’s defense - it takes about 2 years for high school players to grasp it. If the clearly physically superior recruits aren’t starting after 2 years, it’s a red flag. I promise.

I thought Chenal was easily the pick there if you wanted a linebacker.

Good summary, this 2 play sewuence seems to drive home the jist of what he is

The more I watch the more I don’t like but can’t deny the athlete. Doesn’t seem instinctual enough to sniff out many snaps even on 3rd down unless he’s a pure spy

4.47 through the A gap though sheesh

We got him in basically the 4th round because of the lack of current instincts. What he does do well, he does exceptional. Hopefully the light has turned on for him permanently. It probably wasn't the safe pick but a swing for greatness. He seems like the perfect spy for containing Allen?

I really just prefer Miami to draft good football players. Leo Chenal is a good football player and is a good blitzer just like Tindall.

Back
Top Bottom