2022 Running Backs (Seniors) | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2022 Running Backs (Seniors)

There’s a kid not in this list I’ll be keeping an eye on in 2021 and that’s Elijah Dotson of Sacramento State.

He’s has decent size at 6-0 185 and has decent speed as a kid that also runs track. He‘s a tough, capable runner, but the reason think he’s got a shot at possibly playing at the next level is due to his receiving ability.

He was among the Big Sky’s leading rushers in 2018, but after a complete coaching staff overhaul in 2019 — including a switch to a much more QB centric dual threat offense — he was mostly used as a receiving option. He ended the season with 70 receptions and showed an ability to catch the ball like a WR.

Sac State had their best season ever in the Big Sky in 2019, tying for the Conference Championship with Weber State.

2021 will be a huge season for him to prove himself as a day 3 kid or UDFA. He needs to add 10-15 pounds and get stronger, but he’s got some skills.

Ehhh, Sac State getting some love on here?! Dope.

Are any of these prospects worthy of anything other than a Day 3 pick? I’m a Dameon Pierce fan but don't see him going before R4.

Are any of these prospects worthy of anything other than a Day 3 pick? I’m a Dameon Pierce fan but don't see him going before R4.
If we wait until even an hour into day twos draft there's going to be a blue heron riding on my TV down the canal.

curious to see how Rachaad White tests. nice vision for cutbacks, some toughness and easy speed. could see him being the pick with one of our 4s if he has legit wheels

Yep he's the ASU kid...got there from JUCO.

the UNC kid is Ty Chandler. dude can scoot. but he's older so wonder if they avoid him (5th year kid). he was an Army AA out of HS

Cook would be great. This is the kind of system where he should thrive. His brother of course thrived with Kubiak, and he has a lot of the same strengths. His burst out of his cuts being the key similar trait. When he plants his foot, he gets upfield super quick. That quickness to take advantage of creases and burst through holes is among the most important traits for a Shanahan RB. Are you quick/fast enough to get through that crease without losing momentum?

Cook would be great. This is the kind of system where he should thrive. His brother of course thrived with Kubiak, and he has a lot of the same strengths. His burst out of his cuts being the key similar trait. When he plants his foot, he gets upfield super quick. That quickness to take advantage of creases and burst through holes is among the most important traits for a Shanahan RB. Are you quick/fast enough to get through that crease without losing momentum?

He's target number one for me at RB. Plus he's a good at catching the ball too. I see this guy as a great mismatch for us.

He's target number one for me at RB. Plus he's a good at catching the ball too. I see this guy as a great mismatch for us.

Good is an understatement tbh. He's one if the best receiving backs I've seen. From his ability to run routes and create separation to his ability to track the ball and keep his balance, you don't see his skillset very often.

Cam’Ron Harris has the potential to improve as a runner with hard coaching. The problems I see with him are his running mechanics - they’re very sloppy and poor.

Cuts off the wrong foot, gets his weight over the wrong leg, leans the wrong way, feet and hips pointed in the wrong direction.

It leads to leaving too many gettable yards on the field that hurt the offense.

Cam’Ron Harris has the potential to improve as a runner with hard coaching. The problems I see with him are his running mechanics - they’re very sloppy and poor.

Cuts off the wrong foot, gets his weight over the wrong leg, leans the wrong way, feet and hips pointed in the wrong direction.

It leads to leaving too many gettable yards on the field that hurt the offense.

Harris’ career rushing stats in 3 1/2 seasons: 1,794 yards and 22 touchdowns on 339 carries, a 5.29-yards-per-carry average.
His career receiving stats: 48 catches for 393 yards and four touchdowns.

Before the season, Harris was added to the popular 2021 “college football Freaks list” compiled by The Athletic college football writer Bruce Feldman for “hitting 23.07 MPH, which is one of the fastest speeds registered by anyone, college or pro, in game action...Harris also squats 525 pounds and benches 365.’’

Read more at: https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/...-of-miami/article255078282.html#storylink=cpy

Back
Top Bottom