2024 NFL Draft Day 2 Thread | Page 80 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

2024 NFL Draft Day 2 Thread

No bother at all. You have your opinion and I have mine.

My opinion, which is shared with the "professional scouts" is that both picks are freak athletes with raw talent but unpolished technique.

We do not have three years to develop Paul and another year for Chop.

When Cheetah leaves our SB window is absolutely shut, if it's not already.

We needed guys who day 1 come in.

We have drafted 0 day 1 starters since McDaniel became HC.

Achane is the only rookie he has had that even contributed. Now granted we traded and lost picks.

Point being, this staff so hell bent on "coaching em up" has coached up exactly 0 starting rookies, which we desperately needed.

And now we have two projects...

3 years to develop Paul? lol WTF are you talking about? This kid could be starting games in December and the playoffs. Dude had crazy success in college. What is it going to take him 3 years to learn?

And, who posted the 6'6 number? I looked at the 2020 Combine results, so that is my source. 6051.
Do you truly believe he grew exactly 7/8" after age 24?
If you got that from someone sourcing Wikipedia, they can put anything there when it comes to ht/wt and unless it is egregiously in error, they leave it.
It’s not really much of a difference if you’re 6’5 or 6’7. It’s not like linemen are standing straight up when they are blocking anyway

Let it go dude Barret is astarter,you dont know if Chubb or Phillips will be ready or not.
You gave your opinion I respect that but disagree with.Now hop on the hype train
or take your ball and go home

This draft blows.

Reached on two projects, neither of which pencil in as a day 1 starter, when we should have 10000% been trading down to acquire more assets to fill the ample roster deficiencies with.

Trash draft, needed two impact guys at a minimum to compete this year, got 0.
What player could we have taken that would start for us? There wasn’t one. We needed another edge and we need more talent on the line. Both players will be starting in 2025 when we lose Armstead and Chubb. This was a weak draft class but if these guys can play, we did fine

I would have cried if we hadn't taken a Tackle this year... yes, real tears.

I just couldn't understand those who were willing to put ourselves in a place where we had no LT (or LG) in place for 2025 and no way to get one other than spending a ton of FA money or by forcing a #1 pick next year and then praying he was ready.

I guess I sort of understand it if they thought Kion Smith was a slam dunk prospect, but who actually thinks that?!
I don't generally quote Simon clancy but he had some enlightening info on the quality of coaching, or perhaps lack thereof, Paul received in college:
"For those curious about his coaching, last season the OL was coached by Eman Naghavi, a pretty young coach at 36. He got his first job at McNeese at age 23. Unless I missed one, this is the first of his OL to be drafted in his career (which spans Tulane and Georgia State too).

• Naghavi (pronounced ee-MAHN nuh-GAH-vee)'s 2023 unit was led by left tackle Patrick Paul who earned Second Team All-America honors by The Athletic after leading the nation with a 92.8 pass block grade according to PFF. Paul, who became Houston's first First Team All-Big 12 honoree, did not permit a sack alongside just one quarterback hit in 468 opportunities at left tackle.

Prior to that, he was coached by Brandon Jones, who has also not had one of his players drafted with additional stops at Cal and Texas Tech."
patrick paul.png

3 years to develop Paul? lol WTF are you talking about? This kid could be starting games in December and the playoffs. Dude had crazy success in college. What is it going to take him 3 years to learn?
He’s ready now. We don’t have any open spots to start this year. It’s been a long time since we went into a draft with a set team

Verse is my pick for the Charles Harris award.

Very little bend in his game. I think he's all power and a bit undersized for that.
Yeah I agree 100, you are dead on.

He'll start day 1, Chop higher ceiling.

Back
Top Bottom