#3 Texas vs #10 Ohio State | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

#3 Texas vs #10 Ohio State

Fin_dlayOhioFin

Legendary Dolphins Fan
Reaction score
I'm sure most on here are Buckeye haters but can anyone on here actually provide a serious prediction for the outcome of this matchup?

Saying Texas rolls easy b/c Ohio State sucks won't cut it....

I know Ohio State can win this game. I'm not saying they will or offering up any guarantee, but the sentiment that they have no chance is ridiculous.

Furthermore, Texas should win....they are ranked higher, they have a Jr QB who was a Heisman finalist (OSU has a true freshman QB, albeit a phenom), a fairly solid defense and their only loss was to Texas Tech, a team with not 1, but 2 Heisman caliber playmakers so it's not even that OSU has to win this game, but that they are competitive.....

If the Buckeyes do lose, but keep it within 14 or less, I can live with that.

After all, Texas did beat #1 Oklahoma by 10 so if OSU wins or keeps it close, it's a victory, moral or otherwise, for the Buckeyes....

Oklahoma was by far the best defense Texas faced this year. The Sooner "D" was ranked #59th overall out of the 120 DI teams

Ohio State has the nations' #8 overall ranked "D" and Chris "Beanie" Wells will be the best RB that Texas has seen all year....2 excellent reasons not to just dismiss the Buckeyes as some cakewalk automatic win for Texas.

So again I ask, anyone have serious, fact-based thoughts to add to a discussion?

If so, I'd love to hear them!

GO BUCKS!

I think Texas should be in the National championship game over both Oklahoma and Florida. Ohio State gets thrown under the bus because of the last two Nat'l Championship appearances. Oklahoma has been worse in big games over the last few years but get a pass.

Big 12 defenses are ranked poorly IMO because the offenses are just better in that conference. Texas also has a slim possibility if they blow Ohio State out to get a split title. Pryor's time will come but he's still extremely raw, IMO. If Ohio State wants to keep it close they've got control the game with Beanie Wells. Long drives that kill the clock and don't allow McCoy to get hot is the way they've got to go.

It's gotta be a low scoring game for OSU to win. If it gets into the 30's I give them little or no chance of winning. Not having a conference championship game hurts Big 11 teams. OSU will be going like 2 months without playing a game. That's gotta be a factor.

OSU, like Michigan, has struggled in recent years against teams that can spread the field. And the Buckeyes are going up against a very agressive DC, who has the athletes on defense to contain Pryor.

I agree with all of the above posts...it has to be a low scoring game for OSU to have a chance...and Texas would have to help OSU by turning the ball over, etc...and OSU has to control the clock with a healthy dose of Beanie Wells...

Oh...and knocking Colt McCoy out of the game on the first series would also help....

Horns 30

Bucks 17

I'm not convinced it has to be low scoring for the Bucks to win....

I am however convinced that they are definitely the underdog and will have to score in the 28-35 point range minimum and play A+ defense like they did vs. Texas in 2005 and 2006 if they are going to have a chance to win...

I'm not going to make any score prediction b/c that's just a total guess and you can't base it on any reliable information, just an opinion and a guess.....

Texas really is a talented team but I think people are definitely overlooking the fact that so is Ohio State.

Anything can happen so I expect it to be a great and entertaining game and I hope the Bucks find a way to somehow win...

No matter what happens, I'm behind them 1000% and look forward to another awesome season next year!

I don't think there's anyway OSU can get into a shootout with Texas and win....absolutely no chance whatsoever.....OSU has to have methodical, time consuming drives...OSU's best shot is to keep it low scoring...

The matchup I'm most interested in is OSU's DB's matched up with Texas' WR's...should be interesting..

OSU, like Michigan, has struggled in recent years against teams that can spread the field. And the Buckeyes are going up against a very agressive DC, who has the athletes on defense to contain Pryor.

Michigan did beat Florida last year. It's tough for teams in the Big 11 because they're built for colder climates. Texas Tech IMO would not be able to run their offense in the Big 11. Michigan's offense this year was painful to watch. Ohio State seems to have a guy or two every year who play as fast as anybody. Though they get overwhelmed when they get beat by a fast team. Michigan last year was one of the most dissapointing teams I can remember.

I'm from San Antonio and I'm a longtime Longhorn fan.

I see this game being a pretty big margin of victory. Although the only Ohio State game I have seen all season was against Michigan I believe Texas will roll.

Texas by 10+ (that's being nice sorry)

Colt has had a record year and they are doing alot of things that most people (especially me) wouldn't believe they could do.
The DL is one of the best in the nation (IMO) with Orakpo and Miller being future NFL draft picks (both seniors) and our defense isn't that bad. We held Kansas to 7 points in Kansas on a cold day. The loss to TECH was a fluke honestly. After running the gauntlet, as so many people here have called it, Texas just couldn't finish up with Tech. We should be in the National Title game honestly, we beat OU and barely lost to Teh (not taking anything away from them)

It will be fun to watch the buckeyes and Longhorns fight it out but the Horns will come out on top by a decent margin.

I hope a blow out and a Florida win by like 2 because that would give Texas a chance at a split title.

I think Texas will win and move in in the college playoffs.

What? Still no playoffs. Oh in that case I really don't give a tihs about the bowl games.

Ohio State sucks, Texas rolls easy ;)

I do not believe the Buckeyes can keep-up with the Longhorn offense. I do not believe the Buckeyes are a good enough big game team to hang with a team that has played in several throughout the season. We saw what USC did to Ohio State, we saw what Penn State did to Ohio State (even though it was a close game it was IN the horse shoe and that offense was completely shut down). Ohio State may have been able to beat mediocre Wisconsin and Illinois, horrible Michigan, and even impressively romp a decent Michigan State team. But when they have shown that when they face top competition in the country they simply can't hang. They won't this time either.

Back
Top Bottom