#3 Wr | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

#3 Wr

phinfan2003

Perennial All-Pro
Reaction score
I was watching NFLE this weekend (Frankfurt vs. Cologne) and I was wondering what everyone thinks of Carl Morris. Obviously NFLE is not the NFL but he seems to be a very good possession receiver who doesn't mind going over the middle. That is something we need out of our #3. Also, the thing I find most intriguing about him is that he's the team's long-snapper. Anyone else see potential in him being our #3 or our #4?

I don't think he will be the #3! From somethings I read I think it's going to be Minnis! He has been impressing people in camp so far!

As I mentioned before...there are those who shine in minicamps and once the pads are put on, you never hear from them again.
I just have doubts that Snoop can be the guy....if he continues to impress during training camp when almost every catch attempt is met with a bone jarring tackle...I'll jump on his bandwagon.

yea we'll have to wait and see who comes out of camp on top! Last year I thought for sure Toliver was going to be the one out of camp!

minnis newsome and wilkens....those are the 3 guys competing for the 3 spot. i think wilkens might endup soley as kr and min and new will battle it out..i'd give the advantage to newsome...coaches really like him and he saw some time last year for us.

We have Minnis, Tolver, Wilkens, Newson, Morris, Davis, Thompson, Simmons, Bellamy and probably a few more I missed...they all have positives, but none has distinguished himself. Thompson could not do it as #2 reciever last year, and when replaced by McKnght and moved into the slot, couldn't do it there either...I think Norv really wanted Thompson's big body as the slot guy, but he either missed the easy catches or ran the wrong routes in games.

Minnis has some excited because he added a little weight and is finally over his injury that got him cut from KC. He is a good 3rd guy, but I think (and could be wrong) KC put him on the outside and moved their #2 guy inside on 3 WR sets.
Tolver will get a long look because he was drafted high. Wilkens would be ideal, because that would eliminate the need for a 6th WR (assuming he wins the KR/PR job).
But I think he is not suited to the inside either. Simmons, Bellamy, Davis, Morris have all been camp fodder and PS folks, but one could shine thru. I think the best chance for one of these guys is if they can beat out Wilkens for KR/PR. I like Simmons, but he is a little small. With our current offense, one of these guys will "do"...I would have rather seen a higher round draft choice or a proven vet, but with the other weapons we have, as long as the OL comes together, we'll be ok...If pressed, I would say that Thompson, Minnis, Tolver and Wilkens will make the team...Simmons could push Minnis if he doesn't shine because he has been in our system for a couple of years. The rest will be PS guys...I might guess that they have a place for Morris and Davis, since they sent them to NFLEL for experience....

If Snoop can stay healthy, that guy was a big play machine in college. I'm not saying he's gonna do that all over in the pros, but we have still yet to see what he can do if he is 100%.

Wasn't Tolver a 5th rounder?? If so, that is not high. By the way, Thompson will be our #3 WR.

i'm rooting for Morris...gotta like the underdog kid from Harvard( remembered him from his 2002/2003 hula bowl or blue/grey game and put an asterik next to his name hoping to see him a dolphin uniform... i'm sick and tired of 6'2" 225 lbc 4.4 40 yd and unlimited potential... it looks like rick is looking for guys that actually play the game

Morris is tearing it up in NFLE...it's good practice...let's see what he can do come july/august against the big boys

Back
Top Bottom