$300 bet with the first person who thinks the Bills won't make the playoffs | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

$300 bet with the first person who thinks the Bills won't make the playoffs

lol - but you trust someone to pay 300? How about we do something more realistic and make a sig bet instead?

They looked darn good on Thursday night, especially the O against a first ranked Steelers' D (and us w/o Jason Peters and Josh Reed). Our D was chasing Big Ben all over the field rushing only 4 and the ST scored a TD on a return. Great game all around. We may sneak up on everyone this year after all.

And those rumors today on the Pats* boards about Brady getting an MRI and not playing tomorrow night? If true, and somehow Tommy Boy doesn't play or doesn't play at 100% this year, the Patsies are f*cked, since Belicheat is too arrogant to admit that the "Matt Cassel experiment" was a huge flop and get himself a real backup QB who might be able to win more than 5 games if TB goes down.....

They looked darn good on Thursday night, especially the O against a first ranked Steelers' D (and us w/o Jason Peters and Josh Reed). Our D was chasing Big Ben all over the field rushing only 4 and the ST scored a TD on a return. Great game all around. We may sneak up on everyone this year after all.

And those rumors today on the Pats* boards about Brady getting an MRI and not playing tomorrow night? If true, and somehow Tommy Boy doesn't play or doesn't play at 100% this year, the Patsies are f*cked, since Belicheat is too arrogant to admit that the "Matt Cassel experiment" was a huge flop and get himself a real backup QB who might be able to win more than 5 games if TB goes down.....

It's hard to say that a 7th rd draft pick whose on a roster is a flop, IMO. If Brady goes down obviously they'd be in trouble. I'm sure Colts fans would be worried if Jim Sorgi had to replace Peyton for an extended period of time also.

Why are you so concerned about not being paid the $1000? If you win, you will have this forum to berate the person not paying up.

Don't you have enough faith in the Bills to wager a grand yourself? You opened the thread up to how well you think your team is and for anyone that disagrees with you to put up some cash.

$300 is a high school bet.

For your sake, I hope you win. It will be brutal here for you if you don't.

It's hard to say that a 7th rd draft pick whose on a roster is a flop, IMO. If Brady goes down obviously they'd be in trouble. I'm sure Colts fans would be worried if Jim Sorgi had to replace Peyton for an extended period of time also.

If last week is any indication of talent levels, Cassell and Gutierrez make Sorgi look like the second coming of Johnny U, however. What's so funny is that there were other backup options available, like Leftwich, who was signed last week for the vet minimum--meanwhile BB goes and signs John Lynch as a backup safety/situational player for about double that. Go figure. That one may come back and bite the Pats in the arse big time if something happens to Tommy Boy. Who knows, maybe there is something to that karma stuff after all......

If last week is any indication of talent levels, Cassell and Gutierrez make Sorgi look like the second coming of Johnny U, however. What's so funny is that there were other backup options available, like Leftwich, who was signed last week for the vet minimum--meanwhile BB goes and signs John Lynch as a backup safety/situational player for about double that. Go figure. That one may come back and bite the Pats in the arse big time if something happens to Tommy Boy. Who knows, maybe there is something to that karma stuff after all......

I think Leftwich can't play dead. The Patriots are good enough to still be competitive if Brady goes down. It's hard to argue with the Pats considering their success. Considering how well run the other teams in the division have been I give Belicheck the benefit of the doubt on roster moves. The Jets are an every other year thing. Though it seems like the Dolphins and Bills haven't been relevant aside from losing or mediocrity in close to 10 seasons.

I think Leftwich can't play dead. The Patriots are good enough to still be competitive if Brady goes down. It's hard to argue with the Pats considering their success. Considering how well run the other teams in the division have been I give Belicheck the benefit of the doubt on roster moves. The Jets are an every other year thing. Though it seems like the Dolphins and Bills haven't been relevant aside from losing or mediocrity in close to 10 seasons.

Are you kidding? Did you watch tonight's game? If Brady goes down and they rely on Cassell, Gutierrez or O'Connell they'll be fighting the Fins for last in the AFCE, no doubt about it. While I never root for injuries (Vince Wilfork's about the only guy I'll make an exception for, that POS), I must admit it would be funny watching them get absolutely annihilated in his absence by the rest of an angry League, Buffalo included.....

Laughable. How about I bet one dollar, oh hell let's make it ten trillion billion dollars since I, nor anybody else here will pay any real money on the lowest form of message board garbage there is. Or have I overestimated finheaven again? Hate when I do that...

I will absolutely pay if I lose the bet. I am a man of my word.

Are you kidding? Did you watch tonight's game? If Brady goes down and they rely on Cassell, Gutierrez or O'Connell they'll be fighting the Fins for last in the AFCE, no doubt about it. While I never root for injuries (Vince Wilfork's about the only guy I'll make an exception for, that POS), I must admit it would be funny watching them get absolutely annihilated in his absence by the rest of an angry League, Buffalo included.....

I take very little from preseason games. I don't think they'll rely on those guys if Brady goes down. They'll rely on the other guys such as Maroney, Moss, Welker, Watson. Brady's a HOF player so obviously there will be a major dropoff. Though I think they'd still be able to win games.

Are you kidding? Did you watch tonight's game? If Brady goes down and they rely on Cassell, Gutierrez or O'Connell they'll be fighting the Fins for last in the AFCE, no doubt about it.

You realize it is preseason, right? You also realize that Brady has never missed a game due to injury (the closest he's come was the 2nd half of he '02 AFCCG)?

Yeah, if Brady is down NE is screwed. I just don't see how him missing a few preseason games for precautionary reasons is a big deal. He isn't a young player who needs the preseason reps.

Moss missed the preseason games last year. He didn't look hurt once the games meant something.

Hey now, slow down. Let's look at this "great all-around game" from another point of view.

First off, Pitt's D cannot be considered a 1st ranked unit without Palomalu on the field.

Secondly, although the Bills D did put good pressure on Big Ben & forced him into two bad throws (1 int, 1 throw away on 3rd & long) the 4 that rushed never sacked him and the seven other defensive players in coverage did an awful job allowing Big Ben to complete 9-11 passes for 142 yards and 1 TD in just 3 series.

Also don't forget that McKelvin's (2 tck, 0 int, 0 pd) TD return on special teams came late in the game (3rd Q-1:38) against 2nd -3rd -4th string players who most likely won't even be on the team come Aug. 28 and Sept. 1.

Most importantly, it's only pre-season. There won't be any sneaking around in the AFC this year.

I just love how it's mostly Jet and Pat fans taking the bets. It would seem back to back 7-9 seasons with the 30th ranked offense and 31st ranked defense hasn't convinced many outside Buffalo they are a good team. I read something on ESPN today calling the Bills the only team in the AFC not getting any attention, so they are poised for a "Buffalo Stampede" to the playoffs. Well we now know where this sudden busrt of bravado is coming from. funny, funny stuff.

you talk too much. Thats all you do. You love talking down the bills but you never back it up. You always run away whenever I challenge your statments with a bet.

Hey now, slow down. Let's look at this "great all-around game" from another point of view.

First off, Pitt's D cannot be considered a 1st ranked unit without Palomalu on the field.

Secondly, although the Bills D did put good pressure on Big Ben & forced him into two bad throws (1 int, 1 throw away on 3rd & long) the 4 that rushed never sacked him and the seven other defensive players in coverage did an awful job allowing Big Ben to complete 9-11 passes for 142 yards and 1 TD in just 3 series.

Also don't forget that McKelvin's (2 tck, 0 int, 0 pd) TD return on special teams came late in the game (3rd Q-1:38) against 2nd -3rd -4th string players who most likely won't even be on the team come Aug. 28 and Sept. 1.

Most importantly, it's only pre-season. There won't be any sneaking around in the AFC this year.

Right, where fans believe guys like Fred Russell are destined to be superstars and rookies are already labeled busts.

can i get in on this action-- so far i ahve this guy losing like $2100

Even if the Pats don't have Tom Brady, the Bills are still not going to the playoffs. You guys were just as bad as were (Jets and Fins). If the Fins played you last year at our prime (Meaning no injuries and no Cameron) we would have won. The Pats would of had a 18-1 record (With a SB win due to no pressure of being perfect), had they not cheated in game 1. Jets got screwed on that game. Every team has a chance to win the SB. All four teams in the AFC East have a 25% chance to win the division. Anything can happen in football.

This is what I think...

Patriots 12-4
Jets 9-7 (Wild Card)
Fins 8-8
Bills 7-9 (Again)

Patriots 11-5
Jets 10-6 (Wild Card)
Fins 9-7
Bills 8-8

Fins 12-4
Patriots 10-6 (Wild Card)
Jets 8-8
Bills 7-9

The future looks bright for Miami and you guys know it.

Back
Top Bottom