3rd and 4th Round Picks are huge | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

3rd and 4th Round Picks are huge

InSabanWeTrust1

Section 238 row 6
Reaction score
travis daniels came in the 4th last year and we think of him as a solid starter. crowder came in the 3rd last year and hes a future pro bowler and a key piece to the future of our defense. Madison and Surtain before them were both gotten in mid rounds.
The defensive talent in the mid rounds is always very good. Saban proved last year with his knowledge of db's and defense that he can use those mid picks to get good starters as rookies. This is why he will not draft a db at #16. Williams, Hill, Whitner, and Allen are good but the draft is very very deep at defensive backs and we could get guys ranked a little lower than these guys in the 3rd. The only exception is if huff falls (which he wont). I can also see saban waiting on olb because it is also an area that is fairly deep and worse case scenario we have hodge starting. He has to be at or around the same level as morlon greenwood and our defense still succeeded with him in it.
This is why i expect saban to take jackson or holmes whomever falls because we need to surround culpepper with more weapons and we will still be able to get an olb and db in the 3rd and 4th rounds that will be good starters for us.

according to espn insider's rumor central...denver is very interested in holmes..regardless of which, one of those two will be available for the dolphins to snag.:dolphins:

I would prefer Santonio with our first pick in the 3rd pat watkins and in the fourth Brandon Williams, but I think we still need at least a back up guard. Maybe someone in the 7th.

Your not gonna get a pass rushing OLB in the 3 rnd this year, if Saban was being honest in saying he need or wants another OLB to "balance" the defensive fronts pass rush, he will need to pick a OLB in rnd #1.

The idea that you will get a good LB later is relative to what you mean by good if you mean a LB like D.Pope or S. Hodge yes you can.
However if your looking for a playmaking LB they will be gone by the end of round 2.

Expect Manny Lawson to be the #1 pick if the Fins don't get Lavar.

i hope we can get chad jackson if not santonio is a good pick.third round i see jacobs coming to town which is awsome

zodiak said:
Your not gonna get a pass rushing OLB in the 3 rnd this year, if Saban was being honest in saying he need or wants another OLB to "balance" the defensive fronts pass rush, he will need to pick a OLB in rnd #1.

The idea that you will get a good LB later is relative to what you mean by good if you mean a LB like D.Pope or S. Hodge yes you can.
However if your looking for a playmaking LB they will be gone by the end of round 2.

Gocong? McClover?

zodiak said:

Not true

Crowder and Zach both lasted past the 2nd round Id call them playmakers

Back
Top Bottom