4/18 mock draft w/trades | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

4/18 mock draft w/trades

Finsfan79

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Houston Texans trade the number 1 pick (value 3,000) to the NY Jets for the number 4 pick, 29th pick and 2nd round pick (1800+640+550=2990)

Reason: Bush is the top talent in the draft, and an impact player. The best slashers since Sayers. He is an impact player and a stud to grab. Texans get instead extra depth which is a huge need for them. Value about equal 3,000= 2990)

St. Louis Rams trades pick 11 (1250) +5th (36=1286) to Philadelphia Eagles for pick 14 (1100) and 2006 3rd (210=1310)

The rams drop back and get the guy they are looking for in the secondary while adding a pick. Philly jumped Cleveland for Ngata. Value favors rams slightly 1286-1310)

Miami Dolphins trade pick 16 (1000) to Jacksonville Jags for pick 28 (660) + 2nd (300) + 5th (30 = 990)

Jacksonville needs a replacement for Taylor for the future. Jones is a good 3rd down back and with DeAngelo they get a top 10 talent whom wouldnt be there when they pick. The Dolphins drop back far in the draft (12 picks is a huge drop), but they are able to get good talent and extra picks. Value about equal 990=1000

http://www.thehuddlereport.com/NickelPackage/tradevaluechart.htm

1 NY Jets (from Texans) – Reggie Bush RB Reggie Bush
2 N.O. Saints – D’Brickshaw Ferguson LT Virgina
3 Tennesse Titans – Matt Leinart QB USC
4 Texans (from Jets) – Mario Williams DE NCS
5 GB Packers – AJ Hawk LB OSU
6 SF 49ers – Vernon Davis TE Maryland
7 Oakland Raiders – Jay Cutler QB Vandy
8 Buffalo Bills – Winston Justice LT USC
9 Detriot Lions – Michael Huff DB Texas
10 Arizona Cards – Vince Young QB Texas
11 Phily Eagles (from Rams) – Haloti Ngata Oregon
12 Cleveland Browns – Brodrick Bunkley DT FSU
13 Baltimore Ravens – Tye Hill CB Clemson
14 St. Lou Rams (from Eagles) – Jimmy Williams CB VT
15 Denver Broncos – Chad Jackson WR UF
16 Jacksonville Jags (from Dolphins) – DeAngelo Williams RB Memphis
17 Minnesota Vikings – Ernie Sims LB FSU
18 Dallas Cowboys – Kamerion Wimbley OLB FSU
19 San Diego Chargers - Donte Whitner S OSU
20 Kansas City Chiefs – Gabe Watson DT Michigan
21 New England Pats – Richard Marshall DB Fresno State
22 Denver Broncos – Lendale White RB USC
23 Tampa Bay Bucs – Eric Winston LT UM
24 Cincy Bengals – Jason Allen S Tenn
25 NY Giants – Chad Greenway LB Iowa
26 Chicago Bears – Santonio Holmes WR OSU
27 Carolina Panthers – Leonard Pope TE Georgia
28 Miami Dolphins (from Jags) – Antonio Cromartie DB FSU
29 Houston Texans (from Jets) – Marcus McNeil LT Aub
30 Indy Colts – Laurence Maroney RB Minn
31 Seattle Seahawks – Kelly Jennings CB UM
32 Pitt Steelers – Manny Lawson OLB NCS

please toss up the comments. I would love to hear them.
Just some thoughts on some possible trades

this is probably the best trade mock i've seen yet...some notes:

- i really don't think houston will move, but the deal makes sense from both teams, both value and needs-wise.
- i don't see baltimore taking tye hill, he'll just be a nickelback for 2 years. they're more likely to go S; jason allen maybe.
- marcus mcneill isn't a very good fit for houston's new zone-blocking scheme.

That won't be enough for Houston to trade down. The Jets would have to give up a 3rd and a 4th rounder as well. The value chart gets thrown out the window when talking about a player like Reggie Bush.

I would rather Mangold but I wouldn't cry over Cromartie.

I like that trade for the phins. They get their draft picks back(albeit a couple slots lower) but gives them a full draft and players to work with. Cromartie would also be a greta project for Nick based on his huge frame for a CB. also with a second they could go anywhere, OLB or ILB, Safety, or Tackle/Center

I'd be thrilled if we traded down and still got the guy, who IMHO, is the best Corner in the draft.

Mangold would be a great pick to at that position.

TXFinFan said:
That won't be enough for Houston to trade down. The Jets would have to give up a 3rd and a 4th rounder as well. The value chart gets thrown out the window when talking about a player like Reggie Bush.

Completely disagree, you don't throw out the value chart for anyone when you have that many holes. Thats a solid trade. The one you suggested is completely unrealistic.

Why wouldn't we take Lawson here?

Motion said:
Completely disagree, you don't throw out the value chart for anyone when you have that many holes. Thats a solid trade. The one you suggested is completely unrealistic.

The trade he suggested is not even equal value to the #1 pick. You have to factor Reggie Bush into the value of the pick. If the Texans made the trade as suggested above, they would be the laughing stock of the NFL.

TXFinFan said:
The trade he suggested is not even equal value to the #1 pick. You have to factor Reggie Bush into the value of the pick. If the Texans made the trade as suggested above, they would be the laughing stock of the NFL.

So its 10 points off, close enough. You don't have to factor Bush into the value, the team as a whole is far more important than any one player and they need far more than just him to be a contender. They would not be the laughing stock, they would be smart. It'd be a good move for the team.

4 out of the top 36 picks is VALUE!

Motion said:
So its 10 points off, close enough. You don't have to factor Bush into the value, the team as a whole is far more important than any one player and they need far more than just him to be a contender. They would not be the laughing stock, they would be smart. It'd be a good move for the team.

4 out of the top 36 picks is VALUE!

Reggie Bush would mean more to the team than extra picks. Besides the extra tickets he would sell, he would give the offense a dangerous weapon that can be used anywhere. RB, WR, Punt Returner. He's at least 3 1st round picks in 1 player.

TXFinFan said:
Reggie Bush would mean more to the team than extra picks. Besides the extra tickets he would sell, he would give the offense a dangerous weapon that can be used anywhere. RB, WR, Punt Returner. He's at least 3 1st round picks in 1 player.

Guess we'll have to agree to disagree. I think that statement is absolutely ridiculous. That team has so many holes that could be filled with those added picks, football is a team sport last I checked. Regardless, its all a moot point as I doubt they find a trade partner anyway.

Motion said:
Guess we'll have to agree to disagree. I think that statement is absolutely ridiculous. That team has so many holes that could be filled with those added picks, football is a team sport last I checked. Regardless, its all a moot point as I doubt they find a trade partner anyway.

We will definitely agree to disagree. The team doesn't have that many holes. They could use an O-Lineman and a couple of defensive players, but they can fill those with the picks they already have. It's just my opinion, but thanks for the intelligent conversation. That doesn't happen as often as it should on this board. :D

TXFinFan said:
We will definitely agree to disagree. The team doesn't have that many holes. They could use an O-Lineman and a couple of defensive players, but they can fill those with the picks they already have. It's just my opinion, but thanks for the intelligent conversation. That doesn't happen as often as it should on this board. :D

:yes: That we can definitely agree on! :D

Back
Top Bottom