4/18 mock draft w/trades | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

4/18 mock draft w/trades

nice mock, although i think i'd rather go with lawson but cromartie would be great.

i think how the rb's play out prior to pick #23 will determine if jacksonville, or indy (more likely to move up for an rb, in my opinion), will move up. jags or colts will move up if cleve or philly pick an rb. teams in the first that could go rb - hou (bush), den (white). if no one else goes rb, then jax won't have to move up to get either williams or maroney. ne is a good bet to go rb, imo, so jax could stay where they are and take whomever is left after ne takes maroney or williams. if cleve or philly go rb, that means jax, if they want one of the big five, has to move up, as does indy. the wild card could be how high both jax and indy value joseph addai. if addai is viewed to be close enough to the big five, the likelihood of trading up is diminished, imo.

TXFinFan said:
The trade he suggested is not even equal value to the #1 pick. You have to factor Reggie Bush into the value of the pick. If the Texans made the trade as suggested above, they would be the laughing stock of the NFL.

I'd have to agree with Motion here. You really don't "throw out" the value chart for one player, ANY player. Yes, Reggie is an amazing player, but still, the Texans don't really need him, they just signed Davis to a new deal. The trade named in the mock is a fair trade. Just because it's Reggie Bush doesn't mean anything. He has tons of hype, but as of this point that is all it is. There are also questions about if he can handle the NFL workload since he only took about 20 plays/game in college, and since he is a smaller back. I'm not saying Reggie will be a bust or anything like that, all I'm saying is that I don't think there is ever a case where coaches/GMs will forget the chart just because of the PLAYER coming out of college, who is completely unporven in the NFL, no matter if they think he will be a bust or a star. Thats just my take though.

thanks for the opinions all good or bad, I always wanna hear them. This is about my 15th mock since last years draft :)

I will try to do one more before friday when I fly out to europe if you wanna get one with the new SF trade.

As for the Jets vs Bush trade you need to rember the huge amount of depth within this draft. They are saying it is one of the deepest drafts in NFL history because picks in the 2nd round are mostly 1st rounders in other drafts. Guys like winston, lawson, hodges, moss would be 1sts in other years. So yes Bush is an amazing player but the chart value is only 10 points off. It is a win for Houston they get a need player.

dommick davis is a good running back (2000 all purpose yards before). They have a good QB too. This way they can get a DE that is an impact player :)

Back
Top Bottom