4 more under-the-radar prospects | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

4 more under-the-radar prospects

DKphin

Club Member
Reaction score
4. LB Tre'von Johnson, Weber State

A small-school standout, Tre'von Johnson reached out and sent me game film to evaluate. He's a talented outside linebacker in a 4-3 scheme with quick feet, ideal size (6'1", 235 lbs) and the instincts and tackling skills you want to see from a lower-level player against non-NFL competition. Johnson will get his shot in the NFLPA Collegiate Bowl, and with a strong predraft process, he has an opportunity to get some late buzz going.

3. TE Michael Roberts, Toledo

A late addition to my tight end rankings, Michael Roberts is a player I'm falling in love with the more I watch.
An East-West Shrine Game invite, Roberts is a massive man at 6'5" and 270 pounds. As only a one-year starter, he has raw traits but impresses as a three-down tight end capable of lining up on the end of the offensive line or flexed out. And unlike many top tight ends in previous classes, Roberts can actually block well in the run game.
With 16 touchdowns on the season, Roberts emerged as a true playmaker for Toledo. His size and production are tough to overlook now.

2. EDGE Harold Landry, Boston College

A junior at Boston College, Harold Landry may not enter the 2017 NFL draft. That's why I haven't done a ton of work on him yet. Taking a quick look this week, Landry definitely passes the eyeball test.
A 6'3", 250-pound edge-rusher, Landry bends the edge with very impressive quickness and footwork. He doesn't bring great power yet with his hands but is able to make splash plays with his hips and closing speed squeezing the corner.
Landry has a shot to be a first- or second-round player if he does enter the draft.

1. CB Ahkello Witherspoon, Colorado

The Colorado defense is quietly loaded with future NFL talent. We've talked a lot more about Chidobe Awuzie and Tedric Thompson in the secondary, but "other" cornerback Ahkello Witherspoon is making plays and getting on the NFL radar as well.
Witherspoon is a tall, long cornerback with NFL speed. What he lacks is a tackling ability and the toughness needed to bang at the line of scrimmage against pro receivers. As a mid-round cornerback who has the tools to develop, Witherspoon is one to watch.
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2683302-matt-millers-week-16-nfl-scouting-notebook

Witherspoon is good, has the size that will intrigue the Dolphins and Seahawks.

Agree that Witherspoon is a nice CB prospect. Moves well, good length, plays with poise - have him as a late-2nd/early-3rd heading into the Combine. In most drafts that combo of length and speed/agility would put him in a small group, but that's not the case this year, so you may see one or two good, long CB's fall to the 4th or maybe even the 5th. Or, we could see a crazy run on CB's in the 2nd and 3rd Rounds.

Love Landry, but he's returning.

Back
Top Bottom