4 picks...4 starters | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

4 picks...4 starters

Quadfather

Club Member
Reaction score
I think so far we have drafted 4 starters. I believe Tannehill starts from day 1 and silences all those who say he was a reach. Vernen Oliver looks like a stud prospect who if wasnt suspended last year could have been a 1st round pick. Jonathon Martin will start right away at right tackle and if we didnt have Jake Long he could probally start at left tackle which would be good if long gets hurt. And Michael Egnew looks like a Jermichael Finely clone who Philbin will use to create havoc on offense. Love the draft so far...and now we have 5 picks tommorow! Go PHINS!

Didn't we just sign a Jermichael Finely clone about a week or so ago. We needed a WR at this spot.

Micheal Egnew will be our starting TE.

Fasano's only asset is his blocking now, not worth the 4.75 mil cap hit he has.

till think Moore will start but all 3 will get a chance to start. Say bye to Devlin no reason to keep him.
I like the egnew pick he may not be a great blocker but that is what fasano will be for and egnew can be our seam guy. We have a plug and play RT in Martin that was a great alue pick in the 2nd.

Micheal Egnew will be our starting TE.

Fasano's only asset is his blocking now, not worth the 4.75 mil cap hit he has.

That and the fact that he almost never drops a pass, gets open, makes big catches and scored as many TDs as Marshall did on a lot less pass receptions. O yea, and he is a very good blocking TE.

4 immediate starters? Doubt it.

Tannehill is going to need time. Passrushers usually take a year or two to develop. Egnew will probably be rotating from time to time, but i would be surprised if Clay isnt starting. Out of all of them Martin is the only one looks to be starting anytime soon, and he needs to improve his strength.

Anyone know if fasano's salary is guaranteed, or can we cut him to clear space. I doubt we'd get much trade value if they truly plan to use clay egnew and possibly the FA les brown.

I don't think Tannehill or Egnew start Day 1. I still think it's Moore and Fasano (with Clay being moved around). Egnew needs more size and some serious work on his blocking. While being 250 pounds, he's still a bit thin on his tall/long frame.

I don't think Tannehill or Egnew start Day 1. I still think it's Moore and Fasano (with Clay being moved around). Egnew needs more size and some serious work on his blocking. While being 250 pounds, he's still a bit thin on his tall/long frame.
Egnew needs to work on his blocking...but he wont be asked to do much blocking this year. He probably wont "start" but he will make an immediate impact. Same for Vernon..I doubt he starts in the base defense, but I would be shocked if he is not on the field on 3rd down. Martin needs to get stronger as well, but he better be starting from day 1 using pick 42 on him.

Dreaming...Tannehill no, Egnew only on passing downs, Vernon will have to earn it.

I predict the only starter from day one will be Martin.

Fasano has dropped two passes the last two seasons. He does the dirty work and does not complain. He caught the same amount of TDs as B Marshall on 1/3 of the receptions.

I can see that I'm going to have to pull out the "LUG Talent speech" again.

And we only drafted one starter but the rest could be future starters or important role players. David Martin did not start for us at TE but he caught a lot of passes.

LOL about folks thinking Agnew is going to push Fasano to the bench starting the season.

BTW, cutting Fasano would clear some Cap Space ... but would probably clear some W's as well !!

Let's concentrate on .500 ... that's our first milestone to get turned around ... been a few years!!

Back
Top Bottom