#50 Cody Brown DE/OLB UCONN | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

#50 Cody Brown DE/OLB UCONN

sleek

$$UNDERDOG$$
Reaction score
I like this guy seems very athletic and good at getting to the QB. Read that he would be a good fit for a 3-4 OLB in the NFL. Probably will need to add some weight. I think we go after him if he is available in rounds 3 or 4. Sparano was born in Connecticut and coached there so he might have some inside info. on him.Also found Brown is a Florida native having played high school football for Coral Springs.What do you guys think of him as a player and his chances of being a Dolphin?

Could be worth a shot in the third or fourth. A very productive player who would need to bulk up and get stronger to succeed at the pro level. Should be a 3-4 OLB but has limited upside. I think he will get a look at by the Phins

Parcells and Co talked to him at the Senior Bowl. He is definitely on our radar.

Strengths:
A fantastic athlete...Good speed with a burst to close...Quick and agile...Excellent mobility and range...Fluid and smooth...Great change of direction skills...Does a nice job in space...Uses his hands well...Tough and competitive...Has special teams potential...Versatile with some experience at linebacker ... Solid intangibles ... Productive.

Weaknesses:
Does not have the height or bulk that you look for...Needs to get stronger...Lacks great instincts and awareness...Repertoire of pass rush moves is limited...Is a liability against the run...Can get physically manhandled and pushed around at times...Needs to play with better leverage...Minor durability concerns...Might have to change positions.

Notes:
A three-year starter...Became the first true freshman to start a game on either the offensive or defensive lines during UConn’s Division I-A era...Missed the 2005 season finale against Louisville with an injury...Missed more than half of the 2006 season with a broken arm...Makes a lot of impact plays behind the line of scrimmage and really knows how to get after the quarterback...Undersized 'tweener whose best fit at the next level might come as a 3-4 outside linebacker.
Career Statistics
Year GP TKL TFL SACK
2005 10 20 5.0 1.0
2006 6 24 7.5 4.5
2007 13 50 16.5 7.5
2008 13 56 16.5 11.0
Totals 42 150 45.5 24.0

http://www.draftcountdown.com/scoutingreports/de/Cody-Brown.php

In a way it depends on where they veiw Wake as being a better fit. SOLB or on the weak side behind Porter. Brown is definately a weak side guy and would be a really good developmental player learning behind Porter. On the other hand if they view Wake as a back-up to Porter they would need a player to compete/develop behind Roth. Brown I do not believe can play that position he doesnt have enough bulk and probably can't put it on at his size with his frame.

Back
Top Bottom